Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Which New Plate Aluminium Boat????

Re: Which New Plate Aluminium Boat????

You might be able to get this for 50K or close to and they are well built.

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Marine...kToResult=true
    What other people think about me is not my business: Michael J Fox.

Quote Originally Posted by SgBFish View Post
    You might be able to get this for 50K or close to and they are well built.

http://www.tradingpost.com.au/Marine...kToResult=true

G,day,

This Noble V is an excellent boat but how this ever came to have just 115HP on it is beyond me. It needs 140HP to 150HP. Factor an engine change into your calculations.

The earlier link I sent you is for a Fisher 580 Maxi walk-around cuddy. The testimonials for Fisher boats here speak for themselves. Fisher boats hold their value and the owners don't sell them too often.

Your comments about Barcrusher are also spot on. Great boats and fantastic finish quality. The 560C is routinely shipped from the factory with a Suzuki 140HP. The Yahama 150Hp is supposedly too heavy on the transom but for Yahama fans it's the engine of choice on the 560C. If you find one with a 150HP Yamaha check with the factory and give then a HIN number to see if the transom is up to the extra weight.

Almost finally, you have a choice between the best plate boat in Australia and two other great plate boats. Let us know what you decide.

Finally, you have to tow this and you started the thread with stories about car disasters. All these boats should come in under 2T so you shouldn't need more than over-ride brakes. Only the Barcrusher could get onto a single axle trailer but it would have to be empty on the road. Do a bit of work on these numbers and this story will have a happy ending.

Keep us posted!

White Pointer

Have you had a look at Pacific Marine they have some WA plate boats there

Why not look at a 529 Stabicraft? $45k

White Pointer - Must say the Fishers look like a top little rig, will def. keep these in mind!
    In regards to the Barcrushers would you know if they are able to be purchased direct from the factory? The oldman would probably want to run with a 115+HP E-Tec motor as funds cant really allow for a 4-stroke + the extra service fee's e.t.c.
    As far as towing the thing goes that is not a problem as 100% of the towing will be done by a 07' Toyota Prado Turbo (rated up to 2.5 tonnes).

walabout - Yes went down to pacific marine last week to look at the Goldstars & the Barcrushers. There where only 3 Goldstars in the showroom, very nice boats but the saleman said they are overpriced for a very basic set up & the time you add heaps of extra's e.t.c. would blow our budget.
    Thats what we also like about the Barcrushers, everything you need is already there & ready to go. Did us a very good quote on a Makocraft 5.6 canyon runner, but after thinking about it I think he really wanted to get rid of them as they are a very poor quality finished boat & a very basic set up.

kzrocky - Will be checking out the Stabi's next week as alot of people seem to recommend these. Would be after a 5.5 -5.6 if they do one?

Maybe have a look at these, T Bone, if your thinking along Stabi lines.
    Google up typhoon boats, pages from australia.
    They do a 5.5m or a 5.7m.
    Cheers.

If you really want the best quality boat for your dollar, why dont you look at getting a Hull made and then do some of the fitout yourself.

You dont need all the bells and whistles on a boat when you 1st get it. plus it adds thousands onto the price. for example you could get a Fisher boat built with even a second hand outboard, fit the sounder/GPS/radio yourself etc.

This way you have a first class plate boat which will last you forever, and when you can save up more cash you can install a new outboard etc.

Another second hand Fisher for you to look at here
    http://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-...s.php?de=41095
    A bit longer than what you have been looking at but for the price and age, well worth a look
    I would be keen on this boat myself, but need a bit more cabin space for the family

Ally Jack

G'day T Bone,

I understand that Barcrusher boats deal in their own name in Melbourne and have a Suzuki franchise. They probably will deal with you from South Australia but still cut your local dealer a commission to look after you.

I reckon you are better off going to a local dealer and establishing a relationship with someone you like and trust. After all you will need to deal with someone for your preferred e-Tec engine option and for instrumentation set up and trailer balance, etc, etc.

Regards,

White Pointer

Quote Originally Posted by Ally Jack View Post
    Another second hand Fisher for you to look at here
    http://www.boatsonline.com.au/boats-...s.php?de=41095
    A bit longer than what you have been looking at but for the price and age, well worth a look
    I would be keen on this boat myself, but need a bit more cabin space for the family

Ally Jack
    It was sold weeks ago

Col

WP, the problem with BC here in SA is that the dealer has a monopoly on them. There were two on metro the other country based about 130km outside adelaide. The later also handle razerline and are a good place to deal with.

The former, kicked up a stink about continually being undercut by the later, quite substantial savings too ( around $8k on 640HT) and the later lost the dealership. Shame in my view. The former, whilst large, does have its detractors who believe they are a swifty lot, so I can see why TB is looking interstate. I would be too.

Your comments on finding and building a good repore with a dealer is spot on though. Couldnt agree with u more, but with a monopoly on the BC there is VERY little in bargaining power. Things maybe changing in this regard with the introduction of sutees into the SA market, but it still remains to be seen.

TB, interesting the various and differing responses betwen here and the other site you've posted this on. Can never have too much information huh, but sure can make for a hard decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Coontakinta View Post
    WP, the problem with BC here in SA is that the dealer has a monopoly on them. There were two on metro the other country based about 130km outside adelaide. The later also handle razerline and are a good place to deal with.

The former, kicked up a stink about continually being undercut by the later, quite substantial savings too ( around $8k on 640HT) and the later lost the dealership. Shame in my view. The former, whilst large, does have its detractors who believe they are a swifty lot, so I can see why TB is looking interstate. I would be too.

Your comments on finding and building a good repore with a dealer is spot on though. Couldnt agree with u more, but with a monopoly on the BC there is VERY little in bargaining power. Things maybe changing in this regard with the introduction of sutees into the SA market, but it still remains to be seen.

TB, interesting the various and differing responses betwen here and the other site you've posted this on. Can never have too much information huh, but sure can make for a hard decision.

G'day,

Getting hard, isn't it? Brisbane has only one Barcrusher dealer, Stones Corner Marine and I enjoyed my dealing with them. But I decided to buy a Fisher because I could build what I wanted until Fisher said, "No, do this, it's works better" and their alternatives made sense and will work better.

When I finished pricing the Barcrusher boat, trailer, motor, options and instumentation I was up for $67K. It still needed another $5K in hull modifications that the factory couldn't do but Stones Corner Marine said they could do it. It was a great boat and I would have bought it if it was just me - but it isn't. The Barcrusher is fishermans paradise but the family would hate it for what we have in mind.

We haven't had any feedback on the Noble V and my suggestion it was underpowered with a 115HP. Perhaps Noble V buyers could comment.

I suggest that you contact the owner of this and come up and drive it.
    www.boatsales.com.au/boats-for-sale/details.aspx?R=2968162

Check out the website for 580 series Maxi at www.fisherboats.com.au/coppermine/thumbnails.php?album=8

and talk to Fisher about this boat and the build specification.

White Pointer

Well we went & had a look at some Stabi's today & was impresssed to say the least. The only thing that wasnt any good was the price tag & the sizes available. Around $40k for a 5.09 (basic unit) & $75k for the 5.89, had nothing in between as we are after a minimum of around 5.5-5.6 & have a budget + the time you added a few of the required fishing extras would be way over. To be honest buying interstate e.t.c is not for us due to work commitments & warranty claims if need be, in short I cant really be bothered!
    I would be interested in a Fisher but unfortunately we are limited to 50k at the very max. which I feel is more than enough really. Went back to our Barcrusher dealer & looks like we will be getting a 560C with 95% of the options & a 115 e-tec. Suits our space needs to a tee & really is a boat thats set up for a fisherman & built to a very high standard. The oldmans been out in one a few times before but I havent so will be heading out for a test run later in the week.

Tbone
    excellent choice
    u will not regret one second
    I had BC560 and sold doue building house . and 2 years later i got 2nd BC 560
    as you say thay very good boats and optional Well for $$$
    for me it dosi all what i wont going ofshore 80 to 90 klm whit mates to estuary or just cruising whit family
    very easy to tow and very easy to look after them and
    very very good resale

i 'm very happy whit my

cheers myway

Quote Originally Posted by T BONE View Post
    Well we went & had a look at some Stabi's today & was impresssed to say the least. The only thing that wasnt any good was the price tag & the sizes available. Around $40k for a 5.09 (basic unit) & $75k for the 5.89, had nothing in between as we are after a minimum of around 5.5-5.6 & have a budget + the time you added a few of the required fishing extras would be way over. To be honest buying interstate e.t.c is not for us due to work commitments & warranty claims if need be, in short I cant really be bothered!
    I would be interested in a Fisher but unfortunately we are limited to 50k at the very max. which I feel is more than enough really. Went back to our Barcrusher dealer & looks like we will be getting a 560C with 95% of the options & a 115 e-tec. Suits our space needs to a tee & really is a boat thats set up for a fisherman & built to a very high standard. The oldmans been out in one a few times before but I havent so will be heading out for a test run later in the week.
    G'day,

Congratulations on making the hard choice. You will not be disappointed. Let us know what the full specification will be and keep us posted on the progress to delivery, pre-delivery, etc.

Regards,

White Pointer