Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

Re: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 095rat View Post
    Thanks Shanec , spoke to cruisecraft yesterday & they said you can't fit QL tabs to the later model cruisecrafts because of the foam filling of the hull,they recommended lenco's at $2,200 fitted.
    and why can't they fit Ql's to a foam filled hull ????

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    and why can't they fit Ql's to a foam filled hull ????
    My understanding with the QL's is they need to bolted thru the hull hence needing access to inside the hull .
    Late model CC's have sealed floors and no access .

Frank

my boat has a sealed floor..foam filled and it has QL tabs...and they work a treat.

Maybe they make more money by selling and fitting another brand.

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    my boat has a sealed floor..foam filled and it has QL tabs...and they work a treat.

Maybe they make more money by selling and fitting another brand.
    Could be fact but i'm more curious to how yours were fitted.
    Or is it one of Grand Marlins trade secrets

Regards Frank

ask GM..he did the job and I am happy with it

Quote Originally Posted by 095rat View Post
    Thanks Shanec , spoke to cruisecraft yesterday & they said you can't fit QL tabs to the later model cruisecrafts because of the foam filling of the hull,they recommended lenco's at $2,200 fitted.

No worries mate,

I think mine was a tad cheaper than that I'll try and dig out the receipt but I think it was sub $2k and was done by CC (just to give you a guage to maybe bargain on). Just send me a PM before you get them done mate, I had a little issue with them over the installation and ended up taking it back to them to redo my tabs. But it is easily avoided if you let them know prior to the install.

Shane

Does anyone have an idea what an Outsider 625 on an aluminum Trailer would weigh??

Cheers

oldie but a goodie, I think its a 1977 or thereabouts

Quote Originally Posted by O-3 View Post
    Does anyone have an idea what an Outsider 625 on an aluminum Trailer would weigh??

Cheers
    I would guess approx 2.1 - 2.2t full fuel/loaded, maybe lighter depending on motor choice. You would save approx 150 - 200kg with the alloy trailer.
    cheers

Cheers
    http://www.cruisecraft.com.au/outsider625.htm

http://www.marinews.com/details.php?recordid=336
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    I would guess approx 2.1 - 2.2t full fuel/loaded, maybe lighter depending on motor choice. You would save approx 150 - 200kg with the alloy trailer.
    cheers
    Thanks GF.

You have an ally trailer don't you?
    What does your 685 weigh fully loaded?

Thanks GF.

You have an ally trailer don't you?
    What does your 685 weigh fully loaded?
    O-3, never had her on the bridge, but based the trailer selection (for <3t ATM) on weighbridge certs from several other similar 685’s. She would go ~2.65t full of fluids & essential gear, but without eskies, tackle & gear/cargo. Yes, alloy trailer & I saved 300kg.
    cheers

Another option for you ‘tab-less’ CC guys & gals are Minn Kota trim tabs. The actuators are rated to IP68 (highest industry rating) and come in a short or long shaft variety (short shaft good for CC transoms). The plates are reinforced & ribbed plastic, very strong, and are contoured (à la tri-hull shape) to provide much greater lift/efficiency (claimed 50% greater than a flat plate from memory).

The indicator switches are similar to Lenco, but also have auto up & down buttons, with one-touch cancel at any point of travel. Makes any form of simultaneous control a breeze without the need of having to hold down both rocker switches.

Similar pricing to Lenco’s, and the plates won’t bend! Check them out
    http://www.minnkotamotors.com/products/trim_tabs/trim_tabs.aspx

I have had them for as long as I’ve had the boat, but have been busy (slack too ) & only just finalised the ladder mods to allow it all to happen. Wanted the tabs out wide where they are supposed to be, but also wanted a 3 rung ladder over the standard 2 rung unit. After some custom s/s brackets, ladder mods and sail track, it all works well, albeit the ladder slides in backwards up the sail track (it can flip over, but then sticks up proud).

cheers
    Brendon

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    Yes, alloy trailer & I saved 300kg.
    cheers
    Any pics of your ally trailer?
    Am interested in how you have found it & how it is setup, who the manufacturer is etc.

cheers
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Heath, it's the best/easiest to use trailer I've ever owned for mono's. Trailer is a Rocket Int, imported/assembled by Duralum (in VIC). Done a few mods but otherwise love the skid trailers. Use silicone spray every few months to keep em really slippery.

A few links, but there have been more posts from memory re alloy trailers. Apparently there were quite a few different types/makes of alloy trailers at the Sanct Cove boat show.

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=149447&highlight=duralum

http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/showthread.php?t=148800&highlight=bolt+alloy

http://duralum.com.au/

cheers