Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

Re: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

Here's my Dads 84 CC 506 Regal. It's got a 3 cylinder 85hp Suzuki. In immaculate condition as its been in a shed all its life. Coming up for for sale soon as he needs shed space.
    Attached Images Attached Images

CruiseCraft Appreciation

Reef raider 13.jpgReef raider 12.jpgReef raider 3.jpg

I just thought I would post the before and after photos of my Cruise Craft Reef Raider 166 following the major restoration just completed.

The full story is being published in Peter Webster's "The Boat Mag" (online) in 3 Parts.
    The first part was published in the May issue.

Peter C

Good to see this old thread come back to life with some much loved Cruisy's!

We just did a nice trip from Manly to Sanct Cove with a few friends over the June long weekend. We had a mini convoy of OS 685's. It was pretty busy down there with a lot of bookings, so we ended up in the basin instead of the finger berths - I think the weather actually kept some away! Had a few people stop by for a chat, one lady even thought it was a Whitley tour...

Here's a couple of CC's which haven't graced the pages of this thread yet; Distraction and Found It.

PS. This is how this year's Origin series is going to finish; Maroons 2, Blues 1, ha ha

Cheers
    Brendon

here's another one for you thats just arrived down South
    battlelow.jpg

Glad I've got one!

057.jpg

Cro142 - The really like the look of that beast. I love old boats and she is a great example of a classic hull shape, distinctive.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Attachment 93581Attachment 93580Dont know if these pics worked but here is some photos of my old CC 625. Loved that boat, and had some great trips in it. I put about 100 hrs on it with the 200 verado which was very economical and had plenty of punch. Had some issues with the transom that Kevin Nichols from the factory was more than happy to repair even if it was going to be out of it's warranty period. Have come home in some pretty ugly seas in it but always felt safe, would consider buying another one.

Hi all and it is great to see some new interest in the topic. Alas, I have sold my 625 (got to love those divorces). Anyways everything settled and time to start again. Unfortunately I won't be back in my outsider league but kind of thinking a good old 570 explorer. Keep the pics of your rigs coming guys.
    Tony

Giday mate yeah go the crusiecraft : ) nice looking rig mate. good name to haha.

This is my cruise craft reef ranger I bought it roughly 2 years ago and rebuilt it from trailer to top. I stripped the boat fully resprayed her, replaced the floor and repaired one stringer, put a solid 70 mm transom in and a alloy pod with 3 air tanks for added boyency. Goes great with awesome amount of room now! Built an alloy hard top with sliding windows and keeps me dry on those rough days!

402769_4294375032980_1169132892_n.jpg

Nice rig mate
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

I will have a boat to contribute on this thread soon, but she's a work in progress atm.
    She's a 91 model Outsider 580. I bought her last year complete with a 94 150 Mariner, 04 Oceanic trailer and a soggy transom. Btw, found the transom issue before purchase.
    These are the upgrades in progress:
    Renew transom.
    Modify engine well to reduce its footprint incorporating a opening door/flap to enable engine tilt. Will also gain enlarged underfloor kill tank. Also removing moulded sides to gain toes under support and bigger side pockets.
    Renew timber trims on gunwales.
    Fit Ultralon patterned grip floor.
    Replace trailer with a 2014 Tinka Classic.
    Replace original sounder/GPS with a Simrad NSS 12 networked to NSS 7.
    Upgrade steering to Seastar hydraulic.
    Reupholster the original Reelax seats.
    2 new batteries.
    Fit motor - here's the bit I'm struggling with! I've got a 05 115 Yamaha 4 stroke ready to go on, but I'm getting cold feet that it's going to be up to the task. Currently pricing new 150s but Argh! Dunno if I want to go THAT far with this!!
    Once this is all complete in about a month, the only real jobs left are a new windscreen and canopy. There's another $ 5k that has to be saved for!
    Here's how she looks now:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

It must have been raining & windy yesterday ozscot..., but good to see these threads pop up again!

Looking good FisHard! Don't have any experience with this model re power, but I'm sure there will be others on here that can help. What max power is it rated to?
    Cheers
    Brendon

PS. Team Cruise Craft day at Peel coming up on 31st August.

Quote Originally Posted by gofishin View Post
    It must have been raining & windy yesterday ozscot..., but good to see these threads pop up again!

Looking good FisHard! Don't have any experience with this model re power, but I'm sure there will be others on here that can help. What max power is it rated to?
    Cheers
    Brendon

PS. Team Cruise Craft day at Peel coming up on 31st August.
    Thanks Brendon,
    They are rated up to 185hp, but this hull (same as 570 Explorer) is sensitive to transom weight. I'm thinking 150 Opti. It's the lightest 150. The new merc 4 stroke is only 10 kg more, but an extra $3k.
    It went really well with the old 150 2 stroke.
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

My 570 Explorer has a 130 Honda, and is just enough HP on a bar with a run out tide,more ponnies would be good.Every other time it is fine.I have been playing with weight distribution with the 4 banger on the back, as it is 55kg heavier than a 130 2 stroke.I put 3 x 20 lt drums in the cab that were full of water,what a difference to handling,a different boat,even my deckie made comment ! The trim tabs and a 4 blade prop just could not do the job of a boat with proper weight distribution.

Giffo, Cheech did that with his rig with more weight up the front and he always maintained it made quite a difference,

mike
    Tangles KFC