Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

Re: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

Outsider 580 - what a great reco! Good to save the old girl and make her look like a bought one. How does the OPTI go - cruise and top speeds and rpm...and how does the opti sound. I have a similar size boat and I am looking down the track at at 150-175 and opti is tempting for the price and the bloke who will sell and service it. Are you located on Brisbane West?

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Quote Originally Posted by ozscott View Post
    Outsider 580 - what a great reco! Good to save the old girl and make her look like a bought one. How does the OPTI go - cruise and top speeds and rpm...and how does the opti sound. I have a similar size boat and I am looking down the track at at 150-175 and opti is tempting for the price and the bloke who will sell and service it. Are you located on Brisbane West?

Cheers
    Ozscott,
    Thanks for that, I was quite surprised at how well the 135opti pulls this heavy girl out of the hole.

Smile Re: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

The savage mako has an issue with filling the tank. The filler is just in front of the motor and it glugs with still 30 litres to go so I have found that by lowering the front of the boat (removing from hitch) that this reduces the problem. Maybe someone has another cure!

Quote Originally Posted by fourfingers View Post
    Have a similar issue with mine. I go the 240l tank but guage only ever shows 190l at the most. Next step is to go gofishin's way and empty the tank. Theres every chance when the tank was filled initially they didnt callibrate the control guages properly.

Same hassle sometimes mate, I take it you have a 625 Explorer?? I dont know if this is an effective cure but what has worked for me before is to fill the boat til she wont take anymore, drive it around the block and try again. Just leave the sacrificial deckie at the servo to cop the abuse and so you dont have to pay twice. Has never been a problem for me until a recent three day trip to 1770 where we got back with only 20L to spare, but the unnerving thing was the Yammy fuel gauge was blinking with 56km to go back to Agnes. We had extra fuel as we travel a lot up there and when I noticed the gauge was showing less than I thought it should have we cut down our travel a bit. I estimate the we should have had another 30L to spare so the tank filled to 210L instead of 240L. This was sort of confirmed when I refilled it, I did a lappy and got another 20L in so that may well have been the difference.

Its a small hassle really, its a great fishing platform, and if its banging you around too much, you are probably driving it wrong.....

Hope this helps..... this is a great thread, unfortunately I cant download a photo of mine for some reason...

Shane

I always give the boat a bit of a jiggle after the first click. Always seem to cram a few more litres into it after the air comes out.
    Heath
    Gold Coast
    WWW.GCFISHING.COM

Mate - has it got a 150 cowel? Yep Brian often has good bargains down there. He is always trying to talk me into an Opti off a net boat! One day I might buckle...sounds like a very nice rig mate and safe too.

Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

sdfgh fghj ghj fghj fghj fghj

Here is my newly acquired 5.7 Explorer with a 130 Honda,HDS5 combo, Hydraulic steering,200lt tank, floor and transom replaced. Just had a new windscreen and cabin windows done by Bluewater windscreens as old one was milky. New bimini this week as well, as old one is as big as the shade sails at Woolies carpark and old and cracked. A live bait tank will be added when I work out were to put one. A nice step up from my Polycraft 4.55 that I have had for 11 years.

I just had Southside Marine trimmers at Yatala fit a new bimini and clears this week,great job and nice and dry to fish out of now.

Love my rogue 14. Best estuary boat for my area. Takes on anything I throw at it.

Rebuilt without timber. Full epoxy composite for strength and stiffness.

I don't think I will be getting rid of it anytime soon.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370254718.167049.jpg
    The original.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370254785.182691.jpg
    The rebuild

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1370254822.343259.jpg
    The first outing.

Stills needs paint on the outside. But when I treat it like a bare aluminium tinny when I send into the mangroves I don't really see the point. Maybe when I sell it down the track I will coat it.
    Damo's dodgy boat repairs.
    1993 bermuda by Haines 530f - completed resto.
    1976 cruisecraft rogue 14 - estuary weapon.
    1984 vickers easyrider 156 - future project.

Wow, no posts on this thread for 3 years, and now two within a minute lol.

Hi Giff065, nice boat I bought one last year and have spent 12 months refurbishing it also.

Thanks Dave,I was lucky as all the hard itchy work was done,just adding my touches now.

Hey Giffo, nice Explorer! I've just picked up a 580 Outsider and will be doing her up (well, actually employing others to do so!) and will be re powering in due time. How does she handle the 130 Honda?
    fruit salad is the new Bacon

I have only had it out a couple of times so far,a solo trip to the 36 s off Southport,so not much weight.I had a mate with me and half a tank of fuel (100lt ) in the Tweed river and WOT we got to 67 Kph,gets on the plane fine I think for a large boat, as my old boat was 4.5 m with 60 Hp it's hard to compare.I'm loving having a bigger boat,I dropped it off to Southside Marine Trimmers this morning for a new Bimini and clears,should look good.