Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

Re: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

Nice rig Heath,
    Was looking at a used on of those before I bought my first Outsider.

Love my Bubi. Still have one mod to go - trim tabs, but very happy with her. So is Mumsy!

The V-Rod is a marvel. I want to put a bigger one on. I haven't checked into the weight of a 350, but I reckon it would go nicely...

I looked hard at a Proline 23.5 Walkaround, and would have preferred it. The 2.6m beam was an issue for towing at the time, but those rules have been relaxed now. IMO, while the CC is nicely built, the Yank boats crap all over ours. We need to get much better, very quickly, or the foreign boats will swamp us. Better bang for the buck.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Bang Bang Bang.... thats inbetween sprays of water comming in :O

apart from that they ride well... except in a quatering sea...

Quote Originally Posted by iceknight View Post
    Bang Bang Bang.... thats inbetween sprays of water comming in :O

apart from that they ride well... except in a quatering sea...
    Don't seem to have that trouble in the 685. Certainly the shorter tubs qualify as "Bruisecraft", but in some cases size is everything! I've had several occasions to jump the queue at South Passage watching 625's and 575's bashing away - we just carve through.

Only once has she come close to shouldering in, and that was crossing a very large wake at a very tight angle, very much the Skipper's fault and it won't happen again!

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Well... I can't compete with size! But I've still got one nonetheless.

CruiseCraft Spirit SR
    90 HP Evinrude
    Cheers,
    Leigh (Kero).

Mine is a 575 Explorer with a 150 Optimax purchased new. Great boat to fish out of, but my mates Haines (same size) is better to travel in the slop. Dont know if the ride between the explorer and the outsider in the same size differs.

Cheers
    Robbo

Quote Originally Posted by fourfingers View Post
    Following the success of Jabba's Seafarer thread and the popularity of my previous post I thought why not.. I'm more than happy to start the ball rolling..

2008 Cruisecraft Outsider 625
    L4 200 Mercury Verado

Only ten hours so far, but im working on that...

See if you cant tell why I named it what I did..

Keep them rolling Cruisecraft owners..

Tony
    Well I am not fortunate enough to own such a beautiful boat as the Cruisecraft just yet but I can so relate to naming a boat after the kids. My daughter is a bit of a mischievous one and when I got my boat I wanted to name it after her and also have a nautical theme to it hence the name "Nauti~Gal"
    Sorry but that is the only thing I can contribute to this thread. By the time I can afford to buy a new Cruisecraft and contribute to this thread some more I may have to dig it out of the archives in maybe 10 years time. Well done to all you lucky buggers that have one now though.

Regards,

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.

Mine is an 08 625 Explorer with a 175 HPDI Yammy. ALL boats bang given the right conditions, but I have found that the tabs have made a massive difference to mine. However, I do tend to go a bit quick sometimes so cant blame it all on the boat. I am tossing up an upgrade to a 8m Patriot but just cannot get my head around the cost of it all. And I have the boat fitted out just how I want it so its a hard upgrade to justify. So until I have a few more bucks I will bang away in my beloved CrashCraft!!!

I have put 250hrs on her in the 11 months I have had it so it cant be too bad..... the only real hassle I have had was the sooper dooper Garmin 5008 taking a dump, but that was sorted out pretty quickly.They are a lovely boat to fish out of though.... it's all good. I am a computer mong and cant attach a pic, sorry.

I have tried and read all the posts about attaching a photo with no luck. If someone would like to let me email them a photo for resizing I would appreciate it.

Shane
    Last edited by ShaneC; 01-06-2009 at 10:18 PM. Reason: Added a bit

They certainly are great to fish out of Robbo and Shane. Trim Tabs are next on my shopping list too.... Sounds like they are worth it.
    And Kero, the spirit are a bloody good boat.. Not that I have to tell you no doubt!!!

Hey Timi,
    Mumsy sure does look wrapped inthe Verado.
    My young fella thinks the same...

The tabs certainly make a good boat great... Just being able to level everything out with the touch of a button is a beautiful thing. I did have to modify the ladder a little bit to accomodate the tabs, after all of my you beaut ideas I ended up settling on a couple of cheap door stoppers to stop the ladder extending all the way to the transom, thus missing the port tab. All for the princely cost of about $2, so I was happy.... do yourself a favour and get the tabs, worth every cent!!!

I have the 2001 Cruisecraft Explorer 550
    With all Smart remarks of them i find it roomy handles the water well travels the distance with the 140 on the back no worries and very confident to travel long distance's.
    Few things i have changed like the design of rod targa from a outsider ...... New humminbird sounder/combo ..... Johnsons pump Deckwash .
    A great trailerable boat to handle the family trips
    JT

I'm happy with it and all the add ons make it suited to my needs

JT
    Last edited by jtpython; 01-06-2009 at 08:27 PM. Reason: adjusting
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)

Looks good JT. Are you sure you want to have me onboard????

well here goes,I have just joined aushfish & this is my first post,I now own a 685 explorer with a 225optimax,585 furuno,7200 lowrance
    previous boat was a 625 outsider withh 175hpdi,loved the rig but just wanted things like,more room,,kill tanks in floor,300l fuel.will post photo's when i work out how

Quote Originally Posted by wags on the water View Post
    Looks good JT. Are you sure you want to have me onboard????
    Do you get sick
    I know your the tangle king
    Come bearing jimmie's and ya in
    Just take your shoe's off before getting in and no smoking

Oh and you have to catch fish
    LOL
    VHF CHANNEL 21
    CALL SIGN : JT OR SC552(social club member)

There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges

Up here we Use Hussar as baits for real RED FISHS (SHSIIFDER)