Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910

Thread: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

Ausfish Silver Member Ducksnutz's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Re: CruiseCraft Appreciation Thread

Congrats Raylamp! That’s one classy looking boat. Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Ducksnutz View Post
    Congrats Raylamp! That’s one classy looking boat. Enjoy!
    Cheers. I am getting used to the new one now. It does create conversation at the ramp ... and its not even the big daddy of 'em!

Got into boating about 6 years ago. Have been lucky enough to go from a 48 year old Glastron v156 tri hull to a new Cruise Craft Explorer 685 Hardtop. Compared to the "old salts" on this forum, I don't know a huge amount about boats or a huge amount about fishing ...... but looking forward to the next 20 years learning and eventually catching a marlin and tuna with the kids, as well as water sports, over nighting etc.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Attachment 116854
    It's time to join this thread so, here is the "new "boat. It is a 1980 one owner Cruise Craft 503 Regal. I bought it last year from the original owner, it is in immaculate condition and has an excellent braked trailer. The motor was stuffed which I knew when I bought it, it was a 120 Evinrude two stroke that I replaced it with a 75 Mercury two stroke but that drank more than I did when I taught on the cape for two years. I found a cheap BMT package which had a 115 Mercury fourstroke which has now been fitted. It is almost impossible to find a 5m boat that you can overnight in but this fit the bill nicely. Cheers Winston.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by winston; 07-03-2018 at 04:10 PM. Reason: no photo

Hi Winston,
    just saw that you have a cruisecraft regal 503. Im in the middle of doing a rebuild on mine. Just wondering how you find the boat? Do you have trim tabs on it? Yours looks identical to mine when I got it.
    Regards

Josh

Josh, funny that you should mention trim tabs. The boat is currently at Galeforce boats having the transom replaced. When I bought the boat it still had the tabs from the original trim tabs. All of the hydraulic lines were missing so it was best to remove everything and add a step rather than fill all of the holes and the re gelcoat and fit the step. As I have retired I wanted to make sure that everything was sound. I don't think the original transom wasn't too bad as it was a one owner boat and always under cover. On Monday I will go to the workshop and inspect the original transom. We have done several trips along the inside of Fraser island and I haven't found the tabs necessary. We love the boat, not too big and not to small. looking forward to doing some serious night fishing and extended stays on the water.