Page 1 of 13 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: IBD The Big Build Up

Thumbs up IBD The Big Build Up

Ok with 10 days for me and a few for others like Brian 8 or 9 for some, hows the prep..... The Build up.... The antisapation..... The Weather prediction.....

I see there are 30 degree day's for a week with storms in the arvo for the next 3 or 4 days.

For us guys on the return after many years of barra fishing what are you hope so guys who dont do it see what you do.....

The build up for me is big 2 weeks with 2 billy lids and the hugs and kisses, I will predict a serg in fish activity toward the next week or 2 with rising temps and humidity, I double check everything from first aid to alll things fishing to boats and car. Pack off a list to be assured nothing is left behind.

I have already set camp up here at home to make it quick and easy when I arrive there. The big friday night rush is non and void everything is done over each night until friday were I dont do a thing I simply have a few beers to stop the on slaught of excitment and watch a movie or something non fishin... The day comes I dont rush head off when everyone is ready and willing and have a planned stop to stretch the legs and have a pee.

The last thing is a quick hello to foxie on the way through always support the local bloke him and Jackie are both fantastic people and I like to say hi and buy a lure or what ever and get any info he has.

Check in set camp relax the next day go for a look and then fish my socks of .....

Your turn

Nath

Re: IBD The Big Build Up

Keen, nah, not me Nath.
    The blue ute and boat were both loaded up last week end, they are siting in the shed ready to roll on Sat morning.
    All lures, and I mean ALL, have been scrutinized for signs of hook or split damage, spare leader and braid is packed, Ive managed to settle on 4 rods, only cause I cant get any more into the rod tube, culling the reels was the hard part.
    My clothes are packed and in the cupboard ready to grab, camera and Ipod is charged, all Ive got to do is buy beer, ice, beer and food on friday nite.
    Expectations, well the weather is looking good, its been a while since Ive seen a barra, August to be exact, and even longer since Ive had the pleasure of a meter plus lady. Im fishing with my closest mate and his dad, should be a ripper trip.
    Im comeing off a donut, so the first fish to hit the net will be a sight for sore eyes, after that its all gravy.
    Im going to fish it hard and long, drink dangerously un-safe amounts of beer at night with my mate, eat crap food, be on the water casting before the sun comes up each day, and finish when the sun goes down each night, and generally cane myself like there is no tomorrow.
    Cant wait!

cheers
    a not desperate at all brian, (really Im not)

Talking Re: IBD The Big Build Up

[QUOTE=BR65;919593]
    sounds just like what i 'll be doing this weekend on the house boat. hopefully pin a few barra under the cover of darkness if body permits...
    Ethan

[quote=ethan1;919620]
    Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    sounds just like what i 'll be doing this weekend on the house boat. hopefully pin a few barra under the cover of darkness if body permits...
    Ethan
    Give you a wave as I go past mate

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Ok with 10 days for me and a few for others like Brian 8 or 9 for some, hows the prep..... The Build up.... The antisapation..... The Weather prediction.....

I see there are 30 degree day's for a week with storms in the arvo for the next 3 or 4 days.

For us guys on the return after many years of barra fishing what are you hope so guys who dont do it see what you do.....

The build up for me is big 2 weeks with 2 billy lids and the hugs and kisses, I will predict a serg in fish activity toward the next week or 2 with rising temps and humidity, I double check everything from first aid to alll things fishing to boats and car. Pack off a list to be assured nothing is left behind.

I have already set camp up here at home to make it quick and easy when I arrive there. The big friday night rush is non and void everything is done over each night until friday were I dont do a thing I simply have a few beers to stop the on slaught of excitment and watch a movie or something non fishin... The day comes I dont rush head off when everyone is ready and willing and have a planned stop to stretch the legs and have a pee.

The last thing is a quick hello to foxie on the way through always support the local bloke him and Jackie are both fantastic people and I like to say hi and buy a lure or what ever and get any info he has.

Check in set camp relax the next day go for a look and then fish my socks of .....

Your turn

Nath
    Nath,

Very quite here, just ask the pros on the tour today, not many fish and very quite. Heard of about six fish today for total and we are enjoying? the meow fish.

Water was warm today and was up over 26 degrees by 9am in part. Seems it on the improve and hope it great by the time you get here.

Things can only improve, None of the pros went above bay D today during their comp, but a few fished above in the pre fish. Enough said.

Regards

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.

will be fishing out of mate's green poly, stop for a chat if suits, we always have a few teds on ice to share...
    Ethan

sweet mate, Ive got the white hornet, 40 on the back, blue ausfish sticker on the bum, if I see the green esky I will come over and say gday.

cheers
    brian

Well ...... Excited would be a major understatement
    Many months of planning ...... tackle testing etc etc ........ a bit of a test run (Mondy Muster) - Trailer destroying / rebuilding ..... ditto with the leccy & so much more ........... now just 5.5 days till I start the drive to Brisbane,... & by this time Friday week , I would have had my first fish - - & have knocked the top off a few with some of you guys

With up to 24 days of barra fishing planned - at 4 locations - including doing the ABT barra tour..........it just doesn't get much better (or does it) - Yep sure does ...... Fishing alongside Matt (Barraboss) will be like ...... permanent Ausfish Freshwater Chat ....... someone to watch & learn off ... discuss on water tactics over so many scenarios

So its now just a case of packing the boat & car ( tackle has been sorted) Ahhh I just hope this week goes fast

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Chris, looking forward to the report on the road trip.

tight lines mate

Yeah guys, I am also getting excited. I have never done anything like this before, so am looking forward to it. I go most weekends barra fishing but it will not compare to what's about to come. I will come back and have to go into detox

Not long now, just over a week till I see Mondy for the first time, then Awoonga for the first etc etc..... I really don't think I know what I am in for, so I am just going along for the ride and taking each day as it comes. It's the only way I know how to fish anyway, as conditions change day to day, hour to hour and you make the most of what is presented before you.

Cheers
    Matt

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Well ...... Excited would be a major understatement
    Many months of planning ...... tackle testing etc etc ........ a bit of a test run (Mondy Muster) - Trailer destroying / rebuilding ..... ditto with the leccy & so much more ........... now just 5.5 days till I start the drive to Brisbane,... & by this time Friday week , I would have had my first fish - - & have knocked the top off a few with some of you guys

With up to 24 days of barra fishing planned - at 4 locations - including doing the ABT barra tour..........it just doesn't get much better (or does it) - Yep sure does ...... Fishing alongside Matt (Barraboss) will be like ...... permanent Ausfish Freshwater Chat ....... someone to watch & learn off ... discuss on water tactics over so many scenarios

So its now just a case of packing the boat & car ( tackle has been sorted) Ahhh I just hope this week goes fast

Chris
    5.5 days to go. Are you leaving on Monday? You must be taking the long way to Mondy.
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Red face Re: IBD The Big Build Up

Surley it can only get better!

Musta Disarsta,
    Petrie Creek last week, rod ever board then me with wallet in pocket!

Today I fished Lake Mc Donald (electric only) The electric and battery are all better now after the Musta.

I wasn't gonna get caught with the ol wallet in pocket again so put it in a bag. Before I launched I asked myself "self have you done everything?":rolleyes:. I put the boat in then drove the ol patrol off and parked it. Back to ramp pushed off and the electric is running beutiful but I am not going real fast.

A couple of 100 mtrs off shore and the back with the stuff in is floating?
    S#it the bungs!!!

Thank god I fitted a bilge pump .

No fish :undecided:

But the electric is working fine!
    Tomorrow I will take the prop off and clear the bloody braid from it

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

You fellas are getting my casting arm twitching just reading 11 oclock at night and i feel like chaseing a barra can't wait for the reports fellas hope to be doing the same when i get a bit older.
    Good Luck

cheers BK

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Surley it can only get better!

Musta Disarsta,
    Petrie Creek last week, rod ever board then me with wallet in pocket!

Today I fished Lake Mc Donald (electric only) The electric and battery are all better now after the Musta.

I wasn't gonna get caught with the ol wallet in pocket again so put it in a bag. Before I launched I asked myself "self have you done everything?":rolleyes:. I put the boat in then drove the ol patrol off and parked it. Back to ramp pushed off and the electric is running beutiful but I am not going real fast.

A couple of 100 mtrs off shore and the back with the stuff in is floating?
    S#it the bungs!!!

Thank god I fitted a bilge pump .

No fish :undecided:

But the electric is working fine!
    Tomorrow I will take the prop off and clear the bloody braid from it

Remember mate..... B is BUNGS, H is for help, F is for F!@#I am sinking.

No worries Trev will you still be there when we arrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    5.5 days to go. Are you leaving on Monday? You must be taking the long way to Mondy.

Yes .... leaving on Monday morning & calling in on a couple of clients on the way .
    Arrive Brisbane & do some more work before picking Matt up on Friday morning.
    ........ it was the only way I was going to get 3 weeks off work at this time of year -
    Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO