Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: IBD The Big Build Up

Re: IBD The Big Build Up

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    anything to watch out for on the goat track.....Cheers Whitto
    Just the goats that drive those big B doubles mate, had one overtake me on a blind hill crest today when I was sitting on 110 kph, I had to hit the skids just in case someone was comeing the other way, bloody clown.
    Road works still at Gympie, plenty of wide loads heading to the mines, otherwise its not to bad, all things considered.
    Take your big hammer mate, that campground dirt is rock hard again, I bent a heap of pegs setting up.
    Water level is good, you can still cut between the island and the point on the RHS at the end of the basin, but watch the weed beds that are sticking out off the island, I buried the tinny into it last nite comeing back in the pitch dark, quite the fun ride heading back from B with no moon.
    My mate had a run down thru the basin yesterday arvo, very little fish on the sounder, and speaking to Jackie today at Foxies, very un-usual for this time of the year not to see the big girls schooling up?

good work brian,, thanks for the report, jus got home from melb cup beers, first time ive cum home with a win eva...so wont say to much , exept cant spell at the mo, good to see you got fish , you should cum back up this weekend, prob be a good turn out,,...thanks ... any exta tips send me a pm....thanks deano....

Good Stuff Brian

But we do want to read about those various methods After all , this is IBD we are talking about

Cheers

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Cool Re:cup loses

only lost $5 on the sweep Nipper, not enough to buy a lure

The weather is a bit of a concern

Most of my Money is spent on Booze and Fishin.
    The Rest is just Wasted!
    To The Shed.............

Re: cup loses

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    only lost $5 on the sweep Nipper, not enough to buy a lure

The weather is a bit of a concern
    rain hail or shine its better then working i tell ya and the fish will be there just got to get them to play the game i say tieing off again will be the go and working a spot for a while then move to another spot

Re: cup loses

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    rain hail or shine its better then working i tell ya and the fish will be there just got to get them to play the game i say tieing off again will be the go and working a spot for a while then move to another spot
    That's my pick Simon ....... rather than breezing through on the leccy - Look for & find that enticing area & work it hard ......... if you find bait there , work it doubly hard !
    The results that we had last March & the Muster trip ....... I attribute to 2 things 1) Trev & 2) Working a location while tied off or Anchored ...... from memory most times a location yielded multiple strikes & fish ..... You just need to be patient & persevere!

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Just checked out seabreeze ....... & conditions look good for the weekend gathering ..... specially wind direction

BRING IT ON!!!!!

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Just the goats that drive those big B doubles mate, had one overtake me on a blind hill crest today when I was sitting on 110 kph, I had to hit the skids just in case someone was comeing the other way, bloody clown.
    Road works still at Gympie, plenty of wide loads heading to the mines, otherwise its not to bad, all things considered.
    Take your big hammer mate, that campground dirt is rock hard again, I bent a heap of pegs setting up.
    Water level is good, you can still cut between the island and the point on the RHS at the end of the basin, but watch the weed beds that are sticking out off the island, I buried the tinny into it last nite comeing back in the pitch dark, quite the fun ride heading back from B with no moon.
    My mate had a run down thru the basin yesterday arvo, very little fish on the sounder, and speaking to Jackie today at Foxies, very un-usual for this time of the year not to see the big girls schooling up?
    Thanks Brian....Sounds like everything is still the same....going to do the trip at night at least u can see those Bdoubles coming ahead of time......Cheers
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Thanks Brian....Sounds like everything is still the same....going to do the trip at night at least u can see those Bdoubles coming ahead of time......Cheers
    Except when there is fog ..... like our trip

Not nice

chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

3 more sleeps to go a couple for some of you weather looking good a little wet stuff, but its looking like a fantastic couple of weeks. Regardless of fish its going to be a cracker

Nath

Sadly I wont be able to join you guys this weekend....I was looking forward to meeting all you blokes. maybe next time.......

I hope the barra are kind to you and the beer is cold!

Mick

No joy Mick..... Mate there will be other times

Cheers Nath

Two sleeps to go and I will see Mondy for the first time??????????????

Am I excited? HELL YES!!!!

Looking forward to finally meeting a few of you guys and girls, and fishing for barra in places I have been looking forward to for the past 12 months... Just gotta hope the luck is on my side and I raise a scale or two (not asking for much)

Catch you hopefully on Fri onwards

Matt

How are welll sleeping now?

Brian was there any different in alge from one side to the other?

Packing the food.. $150

Filling up with fuel.. $120

Filling the Tackle Box... $300

New Rods and Reels... $500

Seeing the stunned face after their first tail walking barra PRICELESS