Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: IBD The Big Build Up

Re: IBD The Big Build Up

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    chris..good to see you made it to the sunny state whithout any dramas, just make sure your boat and gear is locked away safe down there in briz thieves ville...see you for a beer fridy nite...im off for an arvo of melb cup beers.....

dave see you also friday nite..... cant wait...
    will do deano. Turkey in one hand and coke in the other and port in the back pocket
    Not to get technical...... but according to Chemistry, ALCOHOL IS A SOLUTION

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    will do deano. Turkey in one hand and coke in the other and port in the back pocket
    yes dave the crazy mixed up bird will make a breif apperance each nite to help with SLEEP,which i will be doing this trip..sounds like a fun weekend...

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    chris..good to see you made it to the sunny state whithout any dramas, just make sure your boat and gear is locked away safe down there in briz thieves ville...see you for a beer fridy nite...im off for an arvo of melb cup beers.....

dave see you also friday nite..... cant wait...
    Thanks Deano

I've secured it as best as possible ......& the gear

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Gee Chris just a mere 4 hours from the dam aint it grand being in the sunny state, althought a year and 1 hour (while day light savings is on) behind.... its gods country alright!!!...

Nath

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Hey Whitto, FYI Foxies opens @ 07:00 on Saturdays, bakery is open @ 06:00 good Pies and Coffee.
    Safe trip and good luck.
    Cheers, Pete.
    Thanks alot Pete.....in that case Ill get away about 2ish on Saturday am......Pie and Coffee for Brekky.....Hhmmmmm love those GinGin Pies
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Gday fellas, see if this helps that IBD twitch. Picked this one off last nite.

So where's the full report Brian?...........

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Gee Chris just a mere 4 hours from the dam aint it grand being in the sunny state, althought a year and 1 hour (while day light savings is on) behind.... its gods country alright!!!...

Nath

I'll let that go through to the keeper Nath

4 hours to joy or misery ...... whooo hooo ..... as I oogle over the new map which I just picked up

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Gday fellas, see if this helps that IBD twitch. Picked this one off last nite.

Where is the rest of the fish
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Where is the rest of the fish
    I told ya I was keen mate, I pulled so hard I ripped his bloody head off
    Details to come on a funny old trip, gotta go mow the yard.

Righto, yard is mowed, and brownie points have been allocated. Now to the important stuff for you blokes heading up this weekend.
    Despite rumours to the contrary, the fish have NOT grown legs and walked off to somewhere nicer, they are definitely still there, and will chomp on a H.B, but if you’re a cast-a-holic, be prepared to be persistent, and try something a bit different to what you would normally use/technique for this time of the season.
    The water is pea soup green all thru the dam, seems to be like a suspended algae. Slightly cleaner water is in south arm of B as you push up, and H upwards for those looking for a bit of peace and quiet. Plenty of bank side weed beds appearing, temps when we started were 30+ at the basin, down to 23+ on Monday morning, just love those temp swings, the bays were holding at 26 to 28 on Monday arvo, depending on wind direction.
    Plenty of tales of woe and misery from the camp kitchen, and it is definitely a tuff bite at the moment, but we managed half a dozen dropped fish thru various methods you wouldn’t read about, some short strikes and swirls, and that fat little 98 in the pic above, thru pure bloody mindedness and persistence. (Nath, you know where Frustration Bay is mate, have a squiz there)

Gday to Trev (Mylestorm) – thanks for the heads up on Sat arvo, Trev (Awoonga), - nice mossie mate, Dave – from the sweetwater M&G, Foxie and Mrs Foxie – sellers of all things shiny and desirable in the barra scene, nice to meet you all.

Cheers
    brian

Brian....Tough trip mate....can u recall what the wind direction was in the most part....bloody temps are all over the place......5 weeks ago the further North u went the dirtier the water got....plenty of new weed bed growth even back then...hopefully things will fire up a tad by the weekend....possible storms forecast
    might just turn a switch on......98cm Barra can be more fun than a metery plenty of attitude. Thanks for the report Brian........anything to watch out for on the goat track.....Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Yes mate, I thought the presistance card will be the one played, but yep enought to keep the IBD to a managable state. Bloody alge I was hoping you would say its pushed to one side a bit more. Never the less a rewarding trip with a nice fish good company...... top stuff mate

Nath

sounds like a good trip brian the fact you got a fish is great news starts to fire this week would be great oh yeah 3 SLEEPS TO GO just to let every one know so how many lost money today on the race that robs the nation

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    Brian....Tough trip mate....can u recall what the wind direction was in the most part....bloody temps are all over the place......5 weeks ago the further North u went the dirtier the water got....plenty of new weed bed growth even back then...hopefully things will fire up a tad by the weekend....possible storms forecast
    might just turn a switch on......98cm Barra can be more fun than a metery plenty of attitude. Thanks for the report Brian........anything to watch out for on the goat track.....Cheers Whitto
    Stinkin hot Satureday mate, overcast and showers Sunday and early Monday, cleared to a nice arvo, didnt really notice the wind direction, but I think we caught the edge of that change that went thru down here.

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Yes mate, I thought the presistance card will be the one played, but yep enought to keep the IBD to a managable state. Bloody alge I was hoping you would say its pushed to one side a bit more. Never the less a rewarding trip with a nice fish good company...... top stuff mate

Nath
    Even the missed fish are rewarding Nath, enjoy the couple of weeks up there.

The big girls are there, I took a wrong option in the sticks that cost me bad on one, I saw a beast get dropped off a weed bed by a bloke near me, and Rob's 123 last week will kep the casting arm going.