Thread: Crocky Creek

#1daleo

Crocky Creek

Going over to crockyreek on wed arvo for a last chance at a couple of barra. Wondering if anyone has had any luck over there lately or would it be better to try the cape headlands. Any advice on anything would be great

Dale

Re: Crocky Creek

dale
    i have heard of some nice barra coming from over there(crocy), if the wind lets you get across i would also be heading over to red rock bay! get out early enough & the wind shouldn't bother you & if a ese comes up you will be able to follow the waves back.

ron.
    reels screamin aboard Hyper- Active

Also heard of some very nice barra coming from the shallows inside the cape. I have heard reports of no undersize ones to be seen.

#1daleo

Went over to crocky to get the last of the years barra fishing done and was lucky enough to score 3 going from 60cm to 70cm, dropped a few of the more aerobatic ones but was happy with the end result. Have never seen so many giant turtles in the creek. Does anyone think that they scare or put the fish off the bite. I used to think they did but not so sure now.

nice catch mate, got a friend that has been going over there & he has been catching them as well, also another ausfisher went over the other day... wheres the report? yellow tails mmmmmm... they look nice to eat.

ron.
    reels screamin aboard Hyper- Active

daleo, all I know is that when there's turles around, I don't catch anything, same story with dugongs. I think it might have something to do with not putting the fish off the bite, but with their grazing, stirring up the bottom, it might be a natural berley, and the fish hang around them picking off anything that gets stirred up.

nice catch mate, going over there saturday to chase sum jacks etc
    scott