Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Eating Monduran Barra?

Re: Eating Monduran Barra?

Well with all this talk of elitist conspiratorial anti bureaucratic SIP talk ......... I'm just happy in the knowledge that this time next week I will be capitalising on my elitist SIP that cost me a massive $35 & be participating in my elitist passtime ..... in between abusing some non conformist poacher that refuses to buy her $7 SIP........ Then followed by sitting down & sharing my egotistical elitist burramundus experiences with other elitist SIP purchasing bast-rds over a fine ale or 10

Who is going to join me

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    FNQ ...... Why didn't you buy her a $7 SIP
    I've taken a less fortunate person out fishing with me ........ & provided everything! ......... sorry Whitey
    Nagg nowhere within cooee of where we were to purchase one being on the state forest side of the Dam.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by FNQCairns View Post
    Nagg nowhere within cooee of where we were to purchase one being on the state forest side of the Dam.

cheers fnq
    Poaching hey !!!
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Poaching hey !!!
    Riddle how many tomato plants will an old style 4 inch gill net grow from just one cold windy winters night on a sip impoundment

I be-grudge no-one their organised legal fishing choices, for sure I will purchase a sip again sometime one day, still I do not blind myself to the designer social engineered aspects of the scheme, the broad damage the has already done can be reversed over time with an injection of socially responsible non ideological management (will not hold my breath though).

I am also not blinded to the positive side of having a sip scheme in existence, just a shame it was not based on more competent regulation and had more competent regulators obviously as a result as nothing has changed.

The scheme can never be a successes IMO until they deal with the broad disadvantage that is SIP to the majority of the community.

Honest, hope you brain them on your trip.

cheers fnq

honestly fnq, you talk about the majority being disadvantaged.What a crock.Iv stopped posting on here as a result of this sort of inane crap.Places like monduran dam/gin gin have once again revived due to fish stocking. these guys put in countless hours of their own time to raise these fish.i can say with certainty that there are far more ppl fishing the waterways as a result of places being stocked. In short no sip, no barra.Yes it may cost 7 bucks for a week BUT i am positive more people are converted into lifetime fisherman/people after they have had a bite/landed a barra.Sure people mmust have a permit to fish the 25?? stocked impoundments but as has been stated there are plenty of other places for the single mum to fish. Ok you know one who has been disadvantaged, i know plenty who have never fished b4 come and fished the dam and caught a fish of a lifetime.Imho after seeing my boy cast and land a 111 at the age of 12 it really is a priceless experience.You speak of the "broad " disadvantage of the sip to the "majority" of the community.Well im here to say that in the case of monduran at least without the sip scheme there would just at be no town now. the whole town benifits from having barrimundi in close proximity.In my humble opinion..it does a whole lot more good than bad.
    chewy....
    P.s. getting back to the thread if any1 knows where brett jones is atm, he had the secret for eating mondy barra... dont shoot me here he rated them.but only one a year,on the bbq i think..

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    honestly fnq, you talk about the majority being disadvantaged.What a crock.Iv stopped posting on here as a result of this sort of inane crap.Places like monduran dam/gin gin have once again revived due to fish stocking. these guys put in countless hours of their own time to raise these fish.i can say with certainty that there are far more ppl fishing the waterways as a result of places being stocked. In short no sip, no barra.Yes it may cost 7 bucks for a week BUT i am positive more people are converted into lifetime fisherman/people after they have had a bite/landed a barra.Sure people mmust have a permit to fish the 25?? stocked impoundments but as has been stated there are plenty of other places for the single mum to fish. Ok you know one who has been disadvantaged, i know plenty who have never fished b4 come and fished the dam and caught a fish of a lifetime.Imho after seeing my boy cast and land a 111 at the age of 12 it really is a priceless experience.You speak of the "broad " disadvantage of the sip to the "majority" of the community.Well im here to say that in the case of monduran at least without the sip scheme there would just at be no town now. the whole town benifits from having barrimundi in close proximity.In my humble opinion..it does a whole lot more good than bad.
    chewy....
    P.s. getting back to the thread if any1 knows where brett jones is atm, he had the secret for eating mondy barra... dont shoot me here he rated them.but only one a year,on the bbq i think..
    Who said RIP SIP, it's a identifiably flawed system and that stands out to anyone without blinkers on for the reasons I have stated above with my reluctant example (possibly I should buy a lotto ticket).

Nope no where else for this person to fish, I know the basics do not fit today's push and shove the silent majority around philosophy but she was not at 'anywhere' but this SIP dam SIP enabled this treatment of them, sadly people will always defend the indefensible if there is something in it for themselves real or most often perceived.

To fix the situation forever only a small piece of self obsessed ground needs to be lost, 99.9% of the SIP is unchanged but thats the definition of ideology it needs the smallest of justification, true or imagined to make ANYTHING fly.

Like I said I dunno monduran, for sure many have been disadvantaged in exactly the same way, but with choosing to grant the possible existence of a tree one cannot begin to see a forest.

How come redclaw are exempt?? Answer is the practice is not threat to SIP or SIPers, so how come this lady and her son where not exempt, obviously must be a threat to SIP..can anyone quantify just how large the treat was and why?.

Been asking lots of questions but getting only dogma or 'wooden' responses, what she should or could have done to justify the SIPers ideological stance doesn't cut it.

cheers fnq

Last time i checked this was a thread about eating barra not sips,you also seem to like answering your own questions= loving the sound of ur own voice so why not start a thread on the matter and talk to yourself.
    Also on the matter of eating the monduran barra i recall brett said round 80 cm were the best?? so i guess see if you can send out a call for an 80 cm one. Good luck with that iv got em 40 and over a metre but not many round that size. look you can only give it a go, if its no good just give it to the mother in law i guess
    chewy..

Who said RIP SIP, it's a identifiably flawed system and that stands out to anyone without blinkers on for the reasons I have stated above with my reluctant example (possibly I should buy a lotto ticket).

Nope no where else for this person to fish, I know the basics do not fit today's push and shove the silent majority around philosophy but she was not at 'anywhere' but this SIP dam SIP enabled this treatment of them, sadly people will always defend the indefensible if there is something in it for themselves real or most often perceived.

To fix the situation forever only a small piece of self obsessed ground needs to be lost, 99.9% of the SIP is unchanged but thats the definition of ideology it needs the smallest of justification, true or imagined to make ANYTHING fly.

Like I said I dunno monduran, for sure many have been disadvantaged in exactly the same way, but with choosing to grant the possible existence of a tree one cannot begin to see a forest.

How come redclaw are exempt?? Answer is the practice is not threat to SIP or SIPers, so how come this lady and her son where not exempt, obviously must be a threat to SIP..can anyone quantify just how large the treat was and why?.

Been asking lots of questions but getting only dogma or 'wooden' responses, what she should or could have done to justify the SIPers ideological stance doesn't cut it.

cheers fnq
    Seems like you have the twisted view of the SIP fnq....... be it Forrest through the trees but also for the greater good ......... isn't it the minority that are disadvantaged....... & the majority that seek to fish advantaged ( fish stocked into more & more accessible locations ....... barra & other species available closer to major population centers)
    Sorry ....... I just cant see the problem
    I ask you this ....... do you expect to walk into a sporting venue ( ie rugby league) & not expect to pay .....or your local tackle store & walk out with that $20 combo .... without handing over the $
    This is not a communist society .... where only the ruling party truly benefits. There is a cost involved ..... be it for stocking otherwise barren waterways to buying that $20 combo ...... or paying for the Internet that you are currently using.
    Elitist no ....... reality yes
    We can & will fish under the SIP scheme ......... & so can anyone else that is willing to forgo a few dollars

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

What a load of crap FNQ. And I mean crap.
    If you dont like it, dont pay, dont fish a SIP stocked system. Take your worm, you granny knoted handline and your rhetoric and fish some where else, theres un-limited numbers of spots that dont require a SIP for someone who wants to drown a worm.
    By the way, I pay my SIP, I fish for barra, bass, toga, yellows, dont infer by doing so that Im bloody elitist. Its called paying your way, doing the right thing, supporting the system that has put into place a resource that you want to interact with, whether it is eating a fish, catch and releaseing a fish, whatever.
    Man, Ive read some rubbish on here, but that takes the cake.

Seems like you have the twisted view of the SIP fnq....... be it Forrest through the trees but also for the greater good ......... isn't it the minority that are disadvantaged....... & the majority that seek to fish advantaged ( fish stocked into more & more accessible locations ....... barra & other species available closer to major population centers)
    Sorry ....... I just cant see the problem
    I ask you this ....... do you expect to walk into a sporting venue ( ie rugby league) & not expect to pay .....or your local tackle store & walk out with that $20 combo .... without handing over the $
    This is not a communist society .... where only the ruling party truly benefits. There is a cost involved ..... be it for stocking otherwise barren waterways to buying that $20 combo ...... or paying for the Internet that you are currently using.
    Elitist no ....... reality yes
    We can & will fish under the SIP scheme ......... & so can anyone else that is willing to forgo a few dollars

Chris
    MMmm I suppose the majority of barra rec-fisherman haunt on line forums also?? The Majority is the majority even if one believes their portion of the world is bigger/more deserving just because thats where they are active.

Who is going to pay to view the elitists casting barra ....come on that's just a sad comparison.

It's simple, in the eyes of just this mom and son, who and what for would be elitist? given their situation, but give the doctrine a break.

cheers fnq

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    What a load of crap FNQ. And I mean crap.
    If you dont like it, dont pay, dont fish a SIP stocked system. Take your worm, you granny knoted handline and your rhetoric and fish some where else, theres un-limited numbers of spots that dont require a SIP for someone who wants to drown a worm.
    By the way, I pay my SIP, I fish for barra, bass, toga, yellows, dont infer by doing so that Im bloody elitist. Its called paying your way, doing the right thing, supporting the system that has put into place a resource that you want to interact with, whether it is eating a fish, catch and releaseing a fish, whatever.
    Man, Ive read some rubbish on here, but that takes the cake.
    Yeah but have you got any actual answers to why? or just more wooden emotion self justification, that's already been done to death.

What reason would these 2 have not to consider SIP elitist??????

No answers yet.....

cheers fnq

Yeah but have you got any actual answers to why? or just more wooden emotion self justification, that's already been done to death.

What reason would these 2 have not to consider SIP elitist??????

No answers yet.....

cheers fnq
    Heres the answer you goose.
    Tomorrow i will get in my elitist 8 year old ute and tow my elitist 4 meter tinny for four and a half hours to camp in my elitist tent, for the chance to catch a stocked fish from an impoundment that my lousy $35annual fee has helped contibute to.
    If by chance i happen to pass your hypothetical single mum and two kids, I will gladly point then in the directon of the nearest public jetty, beach, creek or river, where they can fish till the cows come home, catch sweet FA, cause they only seem interested in culling worms, not actually catching a fish, and best of all according to you, they wont have to pay.
    Dont bother quoting this, or looking for further discussion from me on this subject, you are either deliberately baiting people, are on some kind of meds, or just plain
    lke to read your own waffle.
    Cheers
    brian - signing off to this rubbish

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Heres the answer you goose.
    Tomorrow i will get in my elitist 8 year old ute and tow my elitist 4 meter tinny for four and a half hours to camp in my elitist tent, for the chance to catch a stocked fish from an impoundment that my lousy $35annual fee has helped contibute to.
    If by chance i happen to pass your hypothetical single mum and two kids, I will gladly point then in the directon of the nearest public jetty, beach, creek or river, where they can fish till the cows come home, catch sweet FA, cause they only seem interested in culling worms, not actually catching a fish, and best of all according to you, they wont have to pay.
    Dont bother quoting this, or looking for further discussion from me on this subject, you are either deliberately baiting people, are on some kind of meds, or just plain
    lke to read your own waffle.
    Cheers
    brian - signing off to this rubbish
    No worries opinions are these days like ??? my earliest memory of fishing (like at the age of 5)was sitting on the rocky shore of an inland lake with just a handline, parents patiently waiting my enthusiasm out knowing full well I was never going to catch anything....fishing very often is not about the fish, SIP is nothing BUT about the fish.

cheers fnq

fnq,

I now see you ONE example. She copped a harsh time from the rangers by the sounds of it. I have met some that think they are cops too, understood. Most are pretty good from what I have seen.

hypothetical scenario: (my biggest word yet) What if..I mean IF the kid caught a barra...even by accident.

Q1: What would/should you have done??.....

Q3:.what should the ranger have done???. I have seen it happen off the bank....a kid won the MASA comp 3 yrs back casting off the bank....what would happen then.

You have one example of what you believe should be a loop hole in the SIP system....who decides what constitutes a family 'worm dangling' session vs a Barra Pro casting elitist tournament, and doesnt have to pay a SIP. I have been out heaps of times without catching a fish....can I have my money back please.

Our local comp has people from all walks of life, all having family fun, mates fun, serious fishing, social fishing............NONE ever complain about permits. Nor did the thousands of people I sold them to whilst working in a tackle shop when it was first introduced....that usually when things get complained about the most.

Q3: who in that broad mix should have to pay an SIP???

A simple 20 word or less reply would be sufficient.

Heres a reply I prepared for you just incase your thesaurus has run out of big words to make you sound impressive.

Q1- chucked it back-made and kid cry! he never fishes again. or you could have bought the family a permit to GO FISHING. anything other than that would make you an accomplass to a crime

Q2- probably not much different except with a nicer attitude. he has a job to do.

Q3- EVERYONE WHO FISHES THE LAKE.!

See it isnt rocket science. So go and annoy someone in the saltwater section....or have you pissed all them off too.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    fnq,

I now see you ONE example. She copped a harsh time from the rangers by the sounds of it. I have met some that think they are cops too, understood. Most are pretty good from what I have seen.

hypothetical scenario: (my biggest word yet) What if..I mean IF the kid caught a barra...even by accident.

Q1: What would/should you have done??.....

Q3:.what should the ranger have done???. I have seen it happen off the bank....a kid won the MASA comp 3 yrs back casting off the bank....what would happen then.

You have one example of what you believe should be a loop hole in the SIP system....who decides what constitutes a family 'worm dangling' session vs a Barra Pro casting elitist tournament, and doesnt have to pay a SIP. I have been out heaps of times without catching a fish....can I have my money back please.

Our local comp has people from all walks of life, all having family fun, mates fun, serious fishing, social fishing............NONE ever complain about permits. Nor did the thousands of people I sold them to whilst working in a tackle shop when it was first introduced....that usually when things get complained about the most.

Q3: who in that broad mix should have to pay an SIP???

A simple 20 word or less reply would be sufficient.

Heres a reply I prepared for you just incase your thesaurus has run out of big words to make you sound impressive.

Q1- chucked it back-made and kid cry! he never fishes again. or you could have bought the family a permit to GO FISHING. anything other than that would make you an accomplass to a crime

Q2- probably not much different except with a nicer attitude. he has a job to do.

Q3- EVERYONE WHO FISHES THE LAKE.!

See it isnt rocket science. So go and annoy someone in the saltwater section....or have you pissed all them off too.
    No the rangers had no knowledge of the rod, we didn't know considering the regulated mindset of what we were dealing with whether she could have been done over for having one in the hatch of the car adjacent to a SIP type water way.

First I need a with basic human dignity still intact answer to any of my Qs??? I have been waiting a while already but have not even got a trail of crumbs ...can you help?

cheers fnq