Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Ladies of Ausfish...

Re: Ladies of Ausfish...

Thanks Mod - Im all for encouraging shy newcomers to join in - but jeez hasnt this thread gone on long enough! There is no big deal about women fishing, having their own boat, etc etc etc.

It seems odd that SleepyGreg is harping on about this - when a) he is obviously not female, and b) it appears the Ausfish women have responded that they are happy to continue as norm.

Sorry - I dont usually get caught up in the non-fishing banter that goes on - but this one is getting a bit long in the tooth - really?

Thanks MOD for quashing it for once and all!

Cin

Quote Originally Posted by Bear001 View Post
    Thanks Mod - Im all for encouraging shy newcomers to join in - but jeez hasnt this thread gone on long enough! There is no big deal about women fishing, having their own boat, etc etc etc.

It seems odd that SleepyGreg is harping on about this - when a) he is obviously not female, and b) it appears the Ausfish women have responded that they are happy to continue as norm.

Sorry - I dont usually get caught up in the non-fishing banter that goes on - but this one is getting a bit long in the tooth - really?

Thanks MOD for quashing it for once and all!

Cin
    You are welcome.

The disappointing thing is that there is some great stuff in this thread that should have been out on the main boards.
    Regards

mod5

please accept my apologies for trying to encourage female participation in our sport and forums. It is true I am not female, but I have spent my life encouraging women......and kids of both sexes....to participate in our sport and be able to relate to each other...outside of the 'macho' world of the 'dedicated fisho'.

Mod 5....you have backed up my point with your last sentence in your reply. this thread should have been moved to general.

Quote Originally Posted by mod5 View Post
    You are welcome.

The disappointing thing is that there is some great stuff in this thread that should have been out on the main boards.
    Naaaaaaaa there's not. I just read the whole thing again and (and it was a tad boring) there isn't anything worth the main stream threads old mate.
    Except the bit where some brave, handsome soul said some of the blokes here wear, or should wear, skirts or hide behind them...or words to that effect
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    I wonder where Roz is these days? Havent heard from her since the footy tipping thread. I think she would be in it!

Greg
    Hi Greg,

Funny.... I was just thinking about having an '09 tipping comp, most likely will.

I've been up at Agnes since early/mid October and have not long returned (I don't have internet access at my house up there) aside from that, losing my #1 fishng partner and mentor.... my dear Dad, has kept me quiet, although you would never know from the M&G.

As for this topic, in my view I don't feel female members should be treated any differently, I strongly feel ladies only fishing comps are the wrong way to go.. and yes I've already made that very clear in other posts, so I will leave that alone. On the other hand ladies, don't let a couple of misogynists (Im sorry if that's a bit strong) ruin it for everyone, prissy females wear a bit thin with me also .

Fishing is all about getting out on the water and wetting a line, having a few laughs and drinks at the end of the day (and well into the night if you attend the Agnes M&G) . When I take people out fishing in my boat I don't give a rats who or what they are, and it always works both ways, I'm just one of the fishos..that's it!! I'll now get down orf me widdle soap box

life is way to short, get out and enjoy

cheers r.
    GO THE CRUISER UTES!

....OH WHAT A FEELING!