Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Ladies of Ausfish...

Re: Ladies of Ausfish...

i think the original purpose of the first post has had happen to it what was being suggested could be avoided. A lot of to & froing about little & the idea has gone down the gurgler.

its all good...if you dont ask...you dont know right???...thanks to everyone for their input...appreciate it...

Mrs Benno1

Dissappointed to say the least

im not Greg...ive met some nice ppl... (maybe a team mate for next years Lady Fishers )...now if you will excuse me...im going to flick some lures around ...dont know where yet...ill figure that out later...take care mate

Mrs Benno1

How come the shiela's (that is said with all the respect and fear that the cook has 'inflicted' upon me) are cooking the BBQ??
    Gees...come on boys. What's the world coming too??

No point in having a girlies only section. Some of the blokes here wear skirts or hide behind them so they'd have to be able to access it.

Jokes aside some of the best fisherpeoples I've ever met are women. My nana was one.
    She taught me patience, what to look for for a spot, baits etc.
    I have to admit she was one of a kind though. She loved fishing.
    She could sit on the wall at Evans all night but would fall asleep before the news if she was at home. That was until I made her a little rod. That kept her up at least until the news was finished.
    If it wasn't for her and both my pop's I wouldn't know 1/10 what I know.
    My mum isn't too bad either. Ask my dad how she goes in the dams
    I intend on living for-ever....so far so good

I am a bit like a dog with a bone...I will keep knawing away till I get somewhere. I DO believe this idea has merit. So dont you let it die either Mrs Benno. And great to have Finga on your side as well.
    With some luck I will be able to be at next years Lady Fishers tournament as a cook/bottlewasher/general helper outerer.
    In the meantime...lets get the gals out there fishing.

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    I am a bit like a dog with a bone...I will keep knawing away till I get somewhere. I DO believe this idea has merit. So dont you let it die either Mrs Benno. And great to have Finga on your side as well.
    With some luck I will be able to be at next years Lady Fishers tournament as a cook/bottlewasher/general helper outerer.
    In the meantime...lets get the gals out there fishing.

Greg
    I think the idea has merit as well.

thanks boys...dont worry i hav'nt given up on the idea...far from it...i know of a few ladies that would really like to do a bit more fishing...but dont like the idea of smelly bait etc...pulling up anchors...reversing trailers...i suggested plastics...got a real funny look mind you ...then suggested they just "pop into Ausfish for a look" ...plenty of info and helpful ppl in there i says..."but its full of blokes" was one of the replies...i said yes theres quite a few blokes on Ausfish...happy to answer any questions or queries you might have...BUT you'd be pleasantly surprised with the amount of ladies on there as well...smiles all round was the result...so we'll see

Mrs Benno1

I wonder where Roz is these days? Havent heard from her since the footy tipping thread. I think she would be in it!

Greg

*sneaks in*

Um... Hello. I'm quite keen on fishing *embarassed*

I'm not sure how many other ladies are here? I don't seem to get many responses to my threads so I'm feeling a bit as if maybe my questions are a bit stupid... Sorry about that.

Anyway, here's a picture of me [there's none of me fishing, because I'm always the one behind the camera]:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...z/P1000297.jpg

And here's one of my son fishing.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...z/IMG_0723.jpg
    Pobbs > 28. Strictly recreational fisher.
    Mr Chicken > 3 in Janaury! Likes to reel the line in, fish on the end or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Pobblebonk View Post
    *sneaks in*

Um... Hello. I'm quite keen on fishing *embarassed*

I'm not sure how many other ladies are here? I don't seem to get many responses to my threads so I'm feeling a bit as if maybe my questions are a bit stupid... Sorry about that.

Anyway, here's a picture of me [there's none of me fishing, because I'm always the one behind the camera]:

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...z/P1000297.jpg

And here's one of my son fishing.

http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s...z/IMG_0723.jpg
    dont be sorry about wanting more info to help you and yours out Pob...its all good...if you dont ask...you dont know right
    the ladies are here Pob...and we make our presence felt...some veeeery subtle like...others like me...not so much ...glad to have you around mate

Mrs Benno1

Yep we are forever lurking!!
    Welcome to the site!!
    As for a Ladies section....personally I'm more than happy with the current set up. Starting out can be a little daunting but once you're in the swing of things it's all good. The majority of guys on the site are extremely supportive of female fishos and will help in anyway they can. To have a section excluding them would be a shame and alot of knowledge and helpful tips and alternate points of view could go begging.
    52 weeks(roughly) to the no blokes mrsbenno but who's counting
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Smile Re: Ladies of Ausfish...

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    Yep we are forever lurking!!
    Welcome to the site!!
    As for a Ladies section....personally I'm more than happy with the current set up. Starting out can be a little daunting but once you're in the swing of things it's all good. The majority of guys on the site are extremely supportive of female fishos and will help in anyway they can. To have a section excluding them would be a shame and alot of knowledge and helpful tips and alternate points of view could go begging.
    52 weeks(roughly) to the no blokes mrsbenno but who's counting
    Cheers Kim.
    not me Kim...heh heh heh!!! ...pleeeenty of time for me to practice

Mrs Benno1
    (Sunny)

Well I'm glad the womenfolk are here stirring up the men.

*grabs her wooden spoon*
    Pobbs > 28. Strictly recreational fisher.
    Mr Chicken > 3 in Janaury! Likes to reel the line in, fish on the end or not.

Sometimes im not sure who is the stirrer and who is the stirred. But it sure is great to have the Ladies getting involved in all things fishing....and i dont mean as sandwich makers and cleaner upperers . Its great to see you asking the questions Pobs, and im sure there are many more in your situation who would love to know the answers to those questions. Hopefully they are reading these posts without participating, and maybe one day they will feel comfortable enough to post as well. Remeber the old saying 'the only stupid question is the one that isnt asked'.

Sorry Mrs B ...ive hijacked the post again

Greg