Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Rip Loomis!

Re: Rip Loomis!

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    why don't you blokes try: " I have bought" or "I am going to buy".
    you actually ask for permission to buy fishing gear????
    ask for permission? - nope

Has anyone had issues with getting their broken loomis replaced under warranty without a copy of the reciept??? I took my broken one back to B>C>F where i bought it from and the manager reckons that EJ Todd wants to see a copy of a reciept and without a reciept they have to inspect the rod to see if they are going to honour the lifetime warranty?? The rod is less than 6 months old and broke through no fault of my own as far as i can tell, the rod was almost horizontal when it broke...

thats crap ey,
    i havent heard anything on the reciepts but surely they must honor it
    i mean its not like you got a loomis thats not a loomis haha
    be interested to know what happens here as i dont think i have all my reciepts on loomis rods..

regarding the receipt for replacement policy....i was flicking through a current mag and saw a loomis ad with a few new models advertised. down the bottom of the full page ad there was a box that was headed something along the lines of "changes to the expediter warranty program. "

it outlines that yes to prove that the rod was purchased in aus proof of purchase must be provided to obtain the adverstised exchaneg prices. they outlined that if you could not produce a receipt that higher exchange prices would apply.

Perhaps this means that ej-tood grew tired of replacing rods bought o/s whereby they didn't profit form the transaction - yet broken in australia and they were being asked to replace them.

honestly i can't really blame them ......

why should they bare the bulk of the cost replacing rods bought o/s.....?

the only problem i have is that when i purchased my loomis this was never in force. in fact part of the reason i went with loomis is everybody said how easy it was to replace should something happen... very well known tackle store said "bring it in pay the expeditor fee and we hand you a knew one simple as that...."

CAN OF WORMS -

i'm happy to be corrected should i be interpretting this incorrectly

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jim View Post
    regarding the receipt for replacement policy....i was flicking through a current mag and saw a loomis ad with a few new models advertised. down the bottom of the full page ad there was a box that was headed something along the lines of "changes to the expediter warranty program. "

it outlines that yes to prove that the rod was purchased in aus proof of purchase must be provided to obtain the adverstised exchaneg prices. they outlined that if you could not produce a receipt that higher exchange prices would apply.

Perhaps this means that ej-tood grew tired of replacing rods bought o/s whereby they didn't profit form the transaction - yet broken in australia and they were being asked to replace them.

honestly i can't really blame them ......

why should they bare the bulk of the cost replacing rods bought o/s.....?

the only problem i have is that when i purchased my loomis this was never in force. in fact part of the reason i went with loomis is everybody said how easy it was to replace should something happen... very well known tackle store said "bring it in pay the expeditor fee and we hand you a knew one simple as that...."

CAN OF WORMS -

i'm happy to be corrected should i be interpretting this incorrectly

Jim
    I think you are right along the lines of EJ Todd not wanting to replace rods that were purchased overseas, but at the end of the day wouldn't they be then asking G Loomis to replace that rod to themselves free of charge? I know there is paperwork etc involved but what does the $150 go towards? G Loomis would get a percentange and I would think so would EJ Todd??

My rod was purchased in Aus at the abovementioned store and was replace in the first week of me owning it as i got it home only to find the runner on the tip of the rod was not glued properly and was spinning on the blank, the store retains a copy of the reciept of this replacement and as far as i am concerned that is as good as the original receipt.

In addition to this how is someone supposed to keep a receipt for a LIFETIME? ink on reciepts is lucky to last 12 months in a lot of cases, yes you can scan the receipt and save it on your computer but if the computer crashes and you loose the file what do you do? If you are paying a $150 fee to have the rod replaced its not as though they are replacing it for free (in that case I would possibly agree to a purchase reciept needing to be produced), it seems like its just another way to get more cash out of customers in my books.

Should have an answer on the replacement at the end of the week so I will keep everyone posted

Hi ,

I broke my PR844-3S GLX which is a 3 pc. travel rod , now the rod is on the way back to USA to be repaired , in total I may have to pay US$. 110.- to cover the freight charges from Indonesia to USA and back + the cost of repair which is under US$. 40.- only , this is nothing compared to the price of the rod which is more than US$. 425.- to replace for such a good rod .

Jon .
    It's not what you don't know that gets you into trouble , it's what you know for sure that ain't so .
    Mark Twain .

I have had 3 loomis broken but I my self have never broken 1

1 24lb glx2 broken on something very large in the seaway a mate was using the rod

2. cbr783 broken by my brothers clumsy feet in the middle of the night

3. cbr783 broken by my girlfriends 3 yr old daughter whilst using the boat as a cubby house when i was in the house putting some gear away

thank god for the replacement programme it has been awesome to me

Quote Originally Posted by oldboot View Post
    There are always strories of woe, concerning expensive lost or broken rods.

BUT

Ya know it could always be worse,
    it could be happening to me .

But it won't because I don't own a rod over $100

cheers
    me neither and never will, and guess what i still catch fish.bob