Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Group Formation to start the fight

Group Formation to start the fight

Folks,

Enough's been said, it's time to do. I have absolutely no idea how to do it, excepting that I know I have a responsibility. I need hands up from people who feel the same, who are ready to get together to work on development of "The Movement".

We need an executive group, and from there, we work. I am apolitical, so if you want to get involved, leave your personal power agenda at home. This is a Societal issue, and we have to slow and eventually stop this ridiculous Green Agenda.

Please, if you have nothing positive to say, bag it. This has to get moving, or we will lose our fishing. Simple.

I look forward to an avalanche of pm's. We will have to meet soon, so once I have an idea of who's interested, we'll get a venue sorted.

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Re: Group Formation to start the fight

I'm in.

PM sent.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

I'm in too Tim. PM sent.
    Cheers,
    Chris

I havent looked at the news threads in over 6 months and guess what the same old blah blah is being spoken. Ie the we need to get together blah blah blah speech. This has all been said and attempted any number f times and guess what almost noone takes notice. We fisherman are hopeless at getting together to fight a comon foe. The greens are AWESOME at it. enough said. I am sure I will come back in 6 months and see some new person make the same speech. Your intentions are good, we fisherman are just hopeless, just look at the last state election for example.

bit of a distance problem for me, but more than willing to play some part and even attend a meeting at some time when I am "up there"

I'm keen.

Harry
    I love the sound of reels screaming in the morning

I will lend my support where I can

Hey Tim, I don't have a lot of time available but I will offer what I can. Pm sent

craftycarp
    its people with your attitude i have a problem with
    that dont give a shit people need a bit of r&r
    in 6 months when u cant fish anywhere and u got to pay double for a feed off fish
    you will be the first to winge
    we all fight this bitch together or we get nowhere

pete

Quote Originally Posted by craftycarp View Post
    I havent looked at the news threads in over 6 months and guess what the same old blah blah is being spoken. Ie the we need to get together blah blah blah speech. This has all been said and attempted any number f times and guess what almost noone takes notice. We fisherman are hopeless at getting together to fight a comon foe. The greens are AWESOME at it. enough said. I am sure I will come back in 6 months and see some new person make the same speech. Your intentions are good, we fisherman are just hopeless, just look at the last state election for example.
    if you don't have anything worhtwhile to say, say nothing. Shit like that is just a reflection of what is between your ears.

I'd love to launch into a french coloured rant about how good for nothing people like you are, but I don't want to get banned at this point. I would be happy to do it in person howerver.....

Jeremy
    Last edited by Jeremy; 22-10-2008 at 01:50 PM.
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

I think (in defense of carpy) that we (as rec fishos) cannot band together with a united voice on anything, it has always been the case, there is a few "parties" with us in mind, but they are very minor with single minded goals, like the one about stopping Netting in a specifc location, we need to be strong in numbers and united in thinking, and I hope this can all come together, but I also see his point, now don't for a minute that I am supporting Netting or anything else, some of my posts may seem that way, but I also like to see both sides of things, if this is setup with tunnel vision then it is doomed before the first meeting will ever take place, this needs a long term, hard nosed attitude to even make a ripple in what we want to acheive!

Yes, enough said re negativity.

Shane B, are you going to be involved?

We should let this thread roll along until the end of the weekend. That'll allow folks enough time to absorb it, and make a decision. We'll then set up a meeting to thrash out a starting position.

We need some experience in policy setting, legal issues and marketing would be handy, particularly web design. And probably a gazillion other things, but I am not going to let any of that get in the way of at least making a start!!!

Seems we need to meet asap somewhere central. Ideas anyone?

Cheers,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy View Post
    if you don't have anything worhtwhile to say, say nothing. Shit like that is just a reflection of what is between your ears.

I'd love to launch into a french coloured rant about how good for nothing people like you are, but I don't want to get banned at this point. I would be happy to do it in person howerver.....

Jeremy

Wow Jeremy you restrained yourself for once? At least its nice to know you have learnt something since the fed election. If I recall it was you who was supporting Bob from south of the boarder.. remember him the guy that split the fishing vote in QLD. Anyway.. Good luck to you guys. I hope you succeed. but I doubt you will.. as I said fishermen dont like to organise. You arent the first to try and you wont be the last.

Even if this attempt is futile, I would rather fail trying than have not made the effort.......question is...what do we do....book a meeting somewhere Timi and I will help were I can.

I'm prepared to support, PM sent
    cheers - Craig