Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Group Formation to start the fight

Re: Group Formation to start the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Atriplex View Post
    Unless you can prove that the closures will not benefit people that are not involved in the fishing industry, you will at the very best be ignored.

The problem is of course, except for the other fisherman who have lost a fishing spot or the retailer who might have lost a client, no one else will care.

Why is the "Green Agenda" so effective? Because the environment effects everyone, we all rely on it to live.

A few fisherman making a whiny little protest about the loss of their favourite fishing spot won't work.

Here's hoping you don't slip up and make fools of yourselves and fellow fishermen.
    Somehow I suspect that wouldn't be you Atri, it's about what's right, honest, ethical, thinking and real science, ideological workers inhaling incense at the alter for the church of the environment need not apply.

cheers fnq

Unless you can prove that the closures will not benefit people that are not involved in the fishing industry, you will at the very best be ignored.

The problem is of course, except for the other fisherman who have lost a fishing spot or the retailer who might have lost a client, no one else will care.

Why is the "Green Agenda" so effective? Because the environment effects everyone, we all rely on it to live.

A few fisherman making a whiny little protest about the loss of their favourite fishing spot won't work.

Here's hoping you don't slip up and make fools of yourselves and fellow fishermen.
    Welcome back trippers!
    right back at ya.....(1) there is no proof that the greenzones will benefit ANYONE or anything. There is no quality, peer reviewed, scientific papers showing their effectiveness. Of course, you already know that, as we have been down that path a few months back. Bet you answer now is just the same as it was back then eh! (2) The green agenda is so effective because of the saturation media coverage and bias towards the environment. Nothing like an impending disaster to sell a paper, and the green groups put out a new disaster story every week. Some new species on the way to extinction, another threat to the GBR, etc etc. Problem is, most people can't think for themselves to see through the BS, and take the whole thing hook line and sinker. Most people actually believe these impending disaster stories and swallow the whole precautionary principle approach. Fortunately there are a few people who choose to think for themselves and ask questions.

Jeremy
    "The underlying spirit of angling is that the skill of the angler is pitted against the instinct and strength of the fish and the latter is entitled to an even chance for it's life."
    (Quotation from the rules of the Tuna Club Avalon, Santa Catalina, U.S.A.)

Apathy is the enemy

Quote Originally Posted by nigelr View Post
    Any fellow NSW rec fishers following this thread, don't think it can't/won't happen to us.
    More power to your collective elbows, Phill et al.
    Cheers and sincere best wishes.
    Allready has happened in NSW the solitary islands marine park I remember when it was introduced there where a lot of fisherman up in arms. The closures where still introduced. Closed of some red hot spots too, years on it is accepted.

I think the talk of a 4 month fishing ban is totally rediculous though!!!

Best of luck to you guys.

http://www.mpa.nsw.gov.au/simp-map-01.html

Well fellas,

Since there seems to be bugger all support from the wide majority of the community, what if we were to write letters/emails to all the service stations, campgrounds, accommodation outlets, bait & tackle outlets, boat builders/dealers, etc where we would normally spend money at this time.

This letter would say that due to the closures, we will not be coming and spending any money with them for that period (four months) such as buying fuel, accommodation, ice, bait, tackle, food, snacks, drinks, a new boat, a new rod, reel, etc. Then tell them they can thank the Bligh government's political stunts for this and we hope that they are able to find alternative sources of revenue for this time.

If a business that directly or indirectly relies on a lot of fisherman related trade starts getting a few letters like this, I think they are going to get pretty worried and start making some noise.

Just remember, a lot of people out there in voter land like the idea of being green ......... until it hurts their hip pocket.

Mick.
    Check out my boat for sale in the classifieds

• 469 Stacer open Seahorse/Nomad
    • 50hp 4 stroke tiller Mercury
    • Heaps of extras, in top condition
      [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Jackinthebox View Post
    Well fellas,

Since there seems to be bugger all support from the wide majority of the community, what if we were to write letters/emails to all the service stations, campgrounds, accommodation outlets, bait & tackle outlets, boat builders/dealers, etc where we would normally spend money at this time.

This letter would say that due to the closures, we will not be coming and spending any money with them for that period (four months) such as buying fuel, accommodation, ice, bait, tackle, food, snacks, drinks, a new boat, a new rod, reel, etc. Then tell them they can thank the Bligh government's political stunts for this and we hope that they are able to find alternative sources of revenue for this time.

If a business that directly or indirectly relies on a lot of fisherman related trade starts getting a few letters like this, I think they are going to get pretty worried and start making some noise.

Just remember, a lot of people out there in voter land like the idea of being green ......... until it hurts their hip pocket.

Mick.
    That is simply a brilliant idea, include an invite to the rally, being 'green' is first and foremost a self serving belief system, most simply just do not think any deeper on the subject than 3 seconds past a media or press report, they do not feel the need to give their rational thought process a kick start on the subject, nor strictly do they have the specific knowledge base needed, simply relating toward their own personal best interest will gain much. Keep it simple point form facts are good and not too hard for the typically blinded green believer to absorb.

Form letters to any and all businesses possible entirely random in choice even, given the funds,... would pay dividends, with everyone from local members to the labour government/bright green alliance being forced to deal with it at some level and from every 'community' direction as lots of people have very active opinions and are not yet afraid to put it out there fully to their betters, while we on average hunker down like a dog beat too much.

cheers fnq

OK, here goes a small "see who can make the most of it" trial, there is a big Game Boat that has caught a big Blue Marlin, well over the old 1,000LB mark, there will be photos in the paper no less (soon) a possible record, now who do you suppose could make the Headlines with this, the Rec Fisherman claiming what a great capture it was, or the Greenies who will claim Slaughter and cuel sport or maybe the Pros saying look what the Rec Fishers have done. I wonder.

The spin could be, look how health the waterways are, able to produce fish this size.

EPA and fisheries now should work with the general public to ensure that catches like this are reported, to help in maintaining a healthy water way
    I love the sound of reels screaming in the morning

Tim,

I’m in, you know how to contact me.

If we sit on our backside and do nothing, we get what we deserve and may as well sell our boats and all our fishing gear because you wont be able to use it any way.
    I don’t have a problem with size limits, bag/boat quotas, closed seasons, green zones, yellow zones or even magenta zones, but what ever is imposed needs to be based on sound, unbiased and up to date scientific research and it needs to take into consideration the economic effects such changes will have on the wider community.
    It should not be based on the rubbish we are being feed at present, and will continue to be feed if we do nothing.

Tell me if I am wrong !!!!!!
    Maturity is not when we start speaking BIG things,it is when we start understanding small things

I am in for the rally as well

Quote Originally Posted by Noelm View Post
    OK, here goes a small "see who can make the most of it" trial, there is a big Game Boat that has caught a big Blue Marlin, well over the old 1,000LB mark, there will be photos in the paper no less (soon) a possible record, now who do you suppose could make the Headlines with this, the Rec Fisherman claiming what a great capture it was, or the Greenies who will claim Slaughter and cuel sport or maybe the Pros saying look what the Rec Fishers have done. I wonder.
    Yeah its happened.

http://www.news.com.au/couriermail/s...2-3102,00.html

Have a look at the comments people are making....saying its cruel and disgusting that the fish was killed.

The fish was caught approx 1000km offshore towards vanuatu and hasnt been claimed as a record.

And to harry, unless the truth gets in the way of a good story, wont be able to pass this one off as a mud island giant.

I know where it was caught, and I knew about the record not being claimed, but the Greenies can just leave that tiny detail out (just as I did), it was weighed in australia, that's all that matters to the media if there is some sort of derogatory comments to be had, even better, will sell a few more papers, so to get back to what I asked, what can we add to the story to make a Headline that may afford us some credibility?? not a sausage!!
    Last edited by Noelm; 23-10-2008 at 12:28 PM. Reason: added something.

Sorry to drag you guys back to message!

The date is 12 November. Pinhead was right. Sometimes he is, there's proof!

In which case we need to get moving. I'm sitting down with Lucky Phill tonight - it seems reasonable and sensible to to do this with SOBA. I'm aiming to pull a few planners together tomorrow evening, so if you're available, watch this space.

Can I please ask again - if you have nothing positive to add to this thread, please just leave it alone. At the least please just keep it to yourselves and let some of us try to get a win for your sake?

It will likely be a march, starting hopefully in Southbank and ending at Parliament House.

I'd like a follow up with boats and trailers to block the city up, but that will be discussed later.
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I know of a proven way to make sure green zones work. Same technology can have the artis loaded with reef fish in no time. Prob is $$$.

I'm in. I will keep an eye on this thread too. PM me if something happens within 24hours though.. We do have to do something b4 it goes too far.

Cheers
    Brandon...