Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112

Thread: Group Formation to start the fight

Re: Group Formation to start the fight

i emailed thoe's concerned in my party with a different,,, more hands on approach to contact if needed

my query is tho',,,

why has this became UNSTUCK,,,,

and why is there no recent activity,,,, if the adrenlanlin is not kept at 100%,,, we will see the response at ?????????

sorry

choppa
    can it get any better??????????????,,,,,,,,,,,,,,http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hgG_TxEPaQE

Choppa, and everyone who's keen to see things moving forward,

I understand that everyone wants to see action! We had a meeting last Wednesday night, attended by nearly 30 Ausfishers. A series of action, or planning groups has been put together, and those groups are working on putting together information, strategy, and plans - not just to get the protest right, but to lobby Government, and pursue/work with other groups where opportunities exist.

We're putting together a system that's going to work well, but that takes planning and will take some time. Keep your eyes on the SOBA website http://www.saveourbay.org.au/
    because that will be the "umbrella" under which we work. Rest assured, there is a strong and combined will to drive this forward, and get wins on the board. It will be done at a sensible pace, with attention to detail, so that everything we do, we will do well.

If you want to be involved at an "intimate" level - ie. in one of the planning groups, drop a note to Lucky_Phill expressing your interest.

Thanks,

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Hey Choppa,
    Yep Tim is right mate. There is an abundance of work being done in a number of ways that is going to get the message across LOUD and CLEAR!!!!! The The Bligh Brigade, DPI and EPA are going to be affronted with a force never before seen in QUeensland!!!!!! It just takes time to get the momentum going and man its gonna be hot!!!!!

Shane

Quote Originally Posted by craftycarp View Post
    I havent looked at the news threads in over 6 months and guess what the same old blah blah is being spoken. Ie the we need to get together blah blah blah speech. This has all been said and attempted any number f times and guess what almost noone takes notice. We fisherman are hopeless at getting together to fight a comon foe. The greens are AWESOME at it. enough said. I am sure I will come back in 6 months and see some new person make the same speech. Your intentions are good, we fisherman are just hopeless, just look at the last state election for example.
    Well, four and a half months on, and it ain't the same old blah blah, and things are coming together.

Hear the LNP today? See the news in the last few days? Got your radio switched on?

Recreational Anglers ARE getting organised.
    Recreational Anglers ARE being heard.
    Recreational Anglers ARE making a difference.

We getting the message yet fellas? This time it's for real, this is not going to stop. Enough POSITIVE people, thinking, speaking, and acting in a POSITIVE manner are going to MAKE A DIFFERENCE!

Quote Originally Posted by Atriplex View Post
    Unless you can prove that the closures will not benefit people that are not involved in the fishing industry, you will at the very best be ignored.

The problem is of course, except for the other fisherman who have lost a fishing spot or the retailer who might have lost a client, no one else will care.

Why is the "Green Agenda" so effective? Because the environment effects everyone, we all rely on it to live.

A few fisherman making a whiny little protest about the loss of their favourite fishing spot won't work.

Here's hoping you don't slip up and make fools of yourselves and fellow fishermen.
    Comments, tripper? Funny how a desire for facts, facts, and nothing but the facts is starting to gain some traction. Be scaring the high priests of Gaia silly right about now...

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Up to this point the independent fishing lobby in QLD has been crawling ( you have to crawl before you can walk and you have to walk before you can run).

In the next 12 months I hope to see the QLD fishing lobby get its strenght and ballance so it can stand and swing hard.

To this point we have been little more than kicking at the ankles of a couple of issues.

Todays events show us as keeping them on the hop and those ankles are getting brused..... with luck and some more kicking... those pushing the issues will stumble and fall.

You can do something
    write a letter to a news paper, ring a poly and put a flea in their ear.

learn a lesson from the sand fly

As we all know a small bite can come up into an anoying lump that itches for days.
    Enough bites will drive you mad.

take a bite have a kick.

cheers
    Its the details, those little details, that make the difference.