Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Impoundment Anchor System???

Re: Impoundment Anchor System???

It was a joke Steve .

Do you really need to run chain in Mondy Steve??? or for any dam provided your anchor is heavy enough.

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    It was a joke Steve .

Do you really need to run chain in Mondy Steve??? or for any dam provided your anchor is heavy enough.
    Ooooh I am a slow bugger!!!...I was thinking 'that really wouldn't work...actually thats a pretty stupid idea" but I couldn't think of how to say it 'nicely' ha ha

Actually its more for Awoonga in ABT. Last year I had to buy a bigger anchor as existing one wouldnt hold in 25knt winds....gave the old one to Katie (JEKS) as a swap for a soft plastic that was working well...everyone happy..that plastic caught 3 fish, snuck me up the ladder nicely!!

Steve

Thanks for being polite mate! You know I'm not used to that

In serious weather a springer is very useful.I use a heavy duty longboard leg rope fastened to the bow of my tinny.I use a shark clip (longline clip) on the other end of the legrope to clip off to my anchor line(8mm).This absorbs alot of sharp surges on the anchor line from the prevailing weather when anchored.

Quote Originally Posted by SQUIDDA View Post
    In serious weather a springer is very useful.I use a heavy duty longboard leg rope fastened to the bow of my tinny.I use a shark clip (longline clip) on the other end of the legrope to clip off to my anchor line(8mm).This absorbs alot of sharp surges on the anchor line from the prevailing weather when anchored.
    Only at Awoonga ......... springers in an impoundment hey ........ Surfs up - Kowabunga dude
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

One day I will tie up to a tree that decides to drop a big branch, or fall right over. Not soon, I hope :-)

Quote Originally Posted by laterel View Post
    One day I will tie up to a tree that decides to drop a big branch, or fall right over. Not soon, I hope :-)
    Lateral.

Agree mate.....its a scary thought hey!! I bump the boat into a tree a couple of weeks ago and a widow maker fell out of the tree landed in the water beside me.....it would have hurt on the noggin for sure.....i was fishing by myself too!!!

steve

Quote Originally Posted by laterel View Post
    Use long rope or tie up to small trees
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Lateral.

Agree mate.....its a scary thought hey!! I bump the boat into a tree a couple of weeks ago and a widow maker fell out of the tree landed in the water beside me.....it would have hurt on the noggin for sure.....i was fishing by myself too!!!

steve
    Hey Steve ........ Faust is the place that scares me
    Saw a sea eagle bring down the best part of a tree on take off

Lots more actual tree tops in Faust

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO