Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast

Thread: Barra in Novemeber IBD Treatment

Re: love that size

[quote=NAGG;913720]
    Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post

Not true Daryl ....... Its how you look that really matters

Chris
    Chris, you carry a clean shirt and a comb to brush the scone for when you get a fish, cant have messy hair for the piccy, especially with with that hat I wear it gives a tremendous bad hat hair!!!!

Re: love that size

[quote=Tropicaltrout;914328]
    Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post

Chris, you carry a clean shirt and a comb to brush the scone for when you get a fish, cant have messy hair for the piccy, especially with with that hat I wear it gives a tremendous bad hat hair!!!!
    Nath - doesn't everyone ?

Without embarrassing anyone hereabouts ...... I've seen a photo in a mag , where the angler holding a nice Mondy barra , looked like they had their Sunday best on ....... perfectly laundered / pressed shirt & pants

Made me think ..... time to be a little more presentable

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Re: Barra in Novemeber IBD Treatment

A litle of topic, but I found this pretty interesting

http://www.fishingmonthly.com.au/_bb...pic.php?t=6013

Off topic no l dont think so.... my fishing attire is ironed and clean at the start of the day...So is my boat...

Far Dinkum some of these wannabe's are that far up their own arses all u can see on a clear day is their thongs showing...or should that be their $50 Crocs...Im there for the Fishing and Camping not the winner of the best dressed....my gear clean and paid for no more no less....and believe it or not I have a ball fish or no fish
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Whitto View Post
    The trip is broken up noicely with the All Day Brekkie at Howard Simon....U gotta love that.

Once u are in Brissy Chris......4hrs mate......4hrs, that will be like a walk in the park. The saving on fuel...means more lures and other what nots
    not wrong whitto my favorite spot to stop comfortable and then onl leaves a short drive to the damm oh i forgot a stop at foxies before the damm

Yep the comp world is another dimention but a buisness nether the less, even if they are looking out from deep in there shorts.... For us blokes the only care taken is that of the release of a fish and or the clean up of empty cans from a few around the camp fire the night before.... Keep the comps the fancy attire I have a flanny with the sleeves off and a pair of footy shorts any day.

My picture time is just that my hat is tilted back and the fish is properly surported lol.

Nath

There Ya go.....There for the serenity not the political correctness
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Yep the comp world is another dimention but a buisness nether the less, even if they are looking out from deep in there shorts.... For us blokes the only care taken is that of the release of a fish and or the clean up of empty cans from a few around the camp fire the night before.... Keep the comps the fancy attire I have a flanny with the sleeves off and a pair of footy shorts any day.

My picture time is just that my hat is tilted back and the fish is properly surported lol.

Nath

As someone getting ready to do their first ABT barra tour ......... I've gotta say I'm pretty excited !
    The idea of spending 3 weeks on the road fishing 4 venues ...... alongside some of the best barra anglers has got me buzzing ......... & because it is a road trip there no doubt will be that camaraderie (particularly those doing all the events)

so while it may not be everyones cup of tea ....... The barra tour seems like a winner while it is kept in this format

Bring it on

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

Go hard Chris they are all good but hey each to thier own, No dobt it would be a eye opener for sure and alot of fun and experiance but not for me I would do the road trip to each dam without the hype of ABT.

Its a different style and everyone will have there version and or idea on comps in general I have fished some small ones and have enjoyed them too but at the end of the day I fish to unwind from my day to day life and enjoy it for there being no rules or regulations just flick till i get sick

Good luck in the ABT fellas you will do well

Nath

Anyhow Chris you will shote it in with that new colour range of stiffey's

I often travel to comps with some mates who are into tournament fishing, however I dont participate in the comps. In my experience the tournament world is just like the real world- there are some w@nkers and some realy genuine down to earth blokes, some are there looking for fame and glory and others are just happy to be there testing thier ability against a field of (mostly) switched on anglers in a semi controlled environment.
    To many of these guys, fishing is no longer just a hobby as they have taken a chance in trying to forge a career and income from the 'hobby' they love. When fishing pays the bills the pressure increases- sponsors want results...and bills need to be paid....no longer are they just fishing for the enjoyment of it all and this shows at times!!

I guess what I am trying to say is dont tar them all with the same brush. Each to their own. Just enjoy your time on the water for whatever reason you like and respect the fact that others fish for different pleasures.

Its all good when you are doing what you love

Mick

...And Chris, if barra is anything like bass, you will have a ball!!

Well said Mick.

I have been around the tournament scene for bass and now barra since about 2003, things have changed heaps...especially in Bass. What you said is so true Mick. If you randomly picked 100 anglers at any fishing location you would have the same mix of quality/serious/social/'i know boats' types and good blokes/girls as you would with a tournament.

I must say I have met some really great people in ABT and learnt heaps at every comp from some of the true champions at comp fishing. I have also learnt you can dress up with the flashest gear, talk the talk and have the fastest boat...but still have no idea about fishing, those guys have been few and far between thankfully, but you still learn something from them.

I often compare the comps to this site at times. Lots of people from different backgrounds getting together to share and have fun and have a healthy respect for the overall style of fishing each person enjoys. Its all good in the end when we learn something big or small from each other.

cheers steve

RE ABT Monduran last year: I must admit dragging your arse out of the tent at 5am to get the boat on the water with 50 other boats in the freezing cold knowing its going to be damn near impossible to land a barra you sometimes wonder why you do it..........theres a lot to be said for fishing when YOU want to!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tropicaltrout View Post
    Anyhow Chris you will shote it in with that new colour range of stiffey's
    I dont know about that ..... It just highlights how sick I am but it does look pretty good in the water

I'm doing a scorpion the same way

Chris
    Teach him how to fish
    TEAM MOJIKO

To be honest I reckon your on a winner bait do change colour depending on conditions, sex, mating etc so with a colour that changes through light transmitted it may just be the next big colour.....

Who knows a Naggs Stiffey (latex packet) could be hanging on a shelf one day along with a few others.

Nath