Thread: Interested in helping at Native Fish Hatchery?

Thumbs up Interested in helping at Native Fish Hatchery?

The Somerset & Wivenhoe Fish Stocking Assn are preparing for the current fish breeding season at the Don MacPherson Memorial Fish Hatchery at Ipswich.

Volunteers are encouraged to get involved with the work done at this hatchery where native fish are bred for release into local waterways.

Currently there are several silver perch brood stock that will be induced to spawn in the coming weeks.

If you want to learn more or just want to help out at the hatchery send me a PM or email swfsa@sweetwaterfishing.com.au or go to their website for more details swfsa.sweetwaterfishing.com.au

Last season around 500 000 native fish were bred at this facility.

Cheers,

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au

Re: Interested in helping at Native Fish Hatchery?

This is a very rewarding project to get involved with and a great opportunity to learn about our fishy friends at a different level. There is a high degree of satisfaction to be gained from watching the fish you helped produce swim off into their new home and knowing you are making your fishery even more productive.

The couple of blokes that I met who are already involved in the effort are good value to spend time with and I reckon there are a lot worse things to sink a little bit of your spare time into.

Of course if you live on the northside and its too far to travel to Ipswich..............

You are a bit out of my way,(I'm on the gold coast). Is there something the same for hinze dam where I could help out?

Yer out of my reach to im on northside, ohwell.

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Quote Originally Posted by abbykait View Post
    You are a bit out of my way,(I'm on the gold coast). Is there something the same for hinze dam where I could help out?
    The hinze group dont have their own hatchery as far as I know. Not to worry, thanks for the replies folks. Got a couple of PMs as well with a few folks keen ot get involved.

fitzy..
    Australian Lure & Fly Expo - Australia's largest ever gathering of Aussie lures under one roofwww.lureshow.com.au
    Australian Lure Shop - Get aussie made lures direct from the lure makers at www.australianlureshop.com.au