Thread: Lions comp

Lions comp

Is the Lions comp still happening at Awoonga this year ?
    hearing mixed reports of its existence.
    I am ( was , maybe) heading there then, and was wondering if Riot gear will be necessary at the boat tramp

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Re: Lions comp

Seriously ???

Federation of Fly Fishers
    International Certified Casting Instructor
    Sunshine Coast Fly Fishers
    www.saltwaterflyfishers.org

Just rang Kylie at Lake Awoonga Caravan Park to find out exactly what is going on with the Lions comp on the same weekend. The comp has been cancelled indefinately, however, accomodation is still limited as it looks like quite a few people are still going up for the weekend.

Gladstone area water board has changed its rules and it won't allow catch and kill comps on the lake anymore, so unless lions changes it's rules than there will be no comp. We should all thank Kurt from the hatchery for instigating this rule. cheers scott.

Wonderful news..........I assume they still have the Tinaroo meato comp? It might be next.
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Wonderful news..........I assume they still have the Tinaroo meato comp? It might be next.

Paul ..... I was just thinking that when I read your post ......... couldn't agree more
    These days ...... With digital cameras & brag mats ... we certainly dont need to slaughter these magnificent fish

The photo I saw of the gantry ... Barra Bash (strung up dead barra in the tropical heat) a few years back made me physically sick

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO