Thread: 22kg Snapper

Re: 22kg Snapper

unbielevable...........

Monster lol

id be happy with anyone of those fish in pics

sheeit thats nice! love those pics mate - looks like a trip to SA is on the cards for me!!!!

sad to read the knockers come out again - typical.

must be jealous...

Very large fish indeed, that would be mounted at my house if i caught it, that is i fit died when i put it in the water.

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Thats a cracker!

Cheers

Jim

Didnt you know.....if it wasnt caught in Qld.....it cant be that big. FFS they have been catching snaps in that big in Whyalla since the first fisherman decide to drop a bait there. They arent an everyday capture, but they arent uncommon. Great effort to get onto schools of em. Why dont you tell the rest of these guys about the Great Whites that tend to muscle in on the action in the lower Gulf...that should make some interesting reading (I have lived and worked in SA)

Greg

Awesome Fish, just friggen AWESOME!!!!

And just so that I dont upset anybody I'll have a go at you as well.

Photoshopped?- NO, The call him BIGASH because he's a midget! Them fish are really 5kgs,. They just look big because he's a little fellah. Who said I can play both sides of the fence?

Keep up the good work Ash.

Jayson

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post
    Didnt you know.....if it wasnt caught in Qld.....it cant be that big. FFS they have been catching snaps in that big in Whyalla since the first fisherman decide to drop a bait there. They arent an everyday capture, but they arent uncommon. Great effort to get onto schools of em. Why dont you tell the rest of these guys about the Great Whites that tend to muscle in on the action in the lower Gulf...that should make some interesting reading (I have lived and worked in SA)

Greg
    Greg
    I know an ex charter skipper from whyalla, he skippered a successful boat for over 15years & has many australian records of his own. his biggest caught on charter was 18.5kg. these are real weights not a extra few added for the story.
    15kg is a great fish these days, look at results from snapper comp. not many 14kg+ anymore.

Yes the great whites are going bezerk at whyalla lately, plenty of sightings & reports of many 5-6mt sharks......not near my tinny.

hey chubster..115kg midget?

cheers
    BigAsh

Un fricken believabubble

Believe this to be the real thing as was back in the 1950's/60's (I think)
    probably taken on a box brownie camera in days before photo tampering
    Was caught by a commercial fisherman off Coramandel, New Zealand
    no weight was given but fishing peoples say one of the biggest snapper ever

Not a bad fish mate, me and my friend tangles catch fish of a similar size regularly, we prefer to use mustard 7766 in a 12/0 and a 8 foot ET special from shimano with a surecatch overhead and normaly run 30lb mono with a 50lb leader, we like using fresh squid but frozen works well,

Not a bad fish mate

Quote Originally Posted by sleepygreg View Post

Greg
    I was born and bred at a town situated between Arno Bay and Whyalla and can definitely verify the presence of Carcharodon carcharias in those waters.

I dont remember the year but it was around the late 1970s when this little fella appeared.

It being around the time of JAWS being released, needless to say that the local swimming pool did a great trade that year.

kiwipea
    I have seen that pic before and I can remember the snapper came in at 48lb.
    it was caught on a pro longline in NZ waters and could not be entered as a record.
    pickers