Thread: $$$ Jewfish For Fish Tank

$$$ Jewfish For Fish Tank

hey there i am looking for someone who fishes the coomera to sell me 2 jewies around the 500mm mark for my fishtank i already have 1 in there but he is lonely and since i have sold my boat can't get out there to catch them myself i live at santa barbara and would be able to meet anyone whos interrested at the santa barbara boat ramp once the fish are caught my phone number is thanks jeff

Re: $$$ Jewfish For Fish Tank

dam i had a 30cm one 2 days ago haha
    woulda been good

got any pics of jewie in tank mate???

Quote Originally Posted by Benny01 View Post
    got any pics of jewie in tank mate???
    yeah Mate what sort of setup u got them in ?
    im allways intrested on keeping fish in tanks.
    "True Blue"

Must be a BIG!!!! tank
    Cheers Freeeedom

I've got a few little ones in my tank as well. Only just touching 10cm now.
    What are you feeding yours? I've just fed mine on defrosted prawns and they've grown from 10mm to 10cm in just a few weeks. Wondering what to feed once they get over 20cm.

Hate to rain on the parade here but a few things spring to mind,firstly it's illegal to sell fish dead or alive without the appropriate papers(so your probably looking for someone to give you the fish your after) and secondly legal lengths/in possesion limits aply to fish wether they are dead or alive (not going to worry jeff but some of the other boys should be carefull of what they're admitting to).

hey guys looks like the deal is off then did'nt realise the legalities of this, anyway i fished a spot this morning off the bank and caught 2 jewies around the 470mm mark and 8 bream all in size, i lost another 2 fish think they were jewies too they definately were,nt bream could not beleive it thanx for the replies anyway it is a 6footx2footx2foot tank with a 2400 litre per hour bio filter running saltwater obviously, the water is still a bit cloudy due to a water change i did a week ago so ill send some pics when it clears up the fish love it in there plenty of food

2 jewies in a 6x2x2 all i can do is laugh.

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

No offence its illegal anyway, and it would have been terrible cruel to put three growing jewfish into a 2400L tank. What the hell were you thinking?

Quote Originally Posted by kingfish101 View Post
    No offence its illegal anyway, and it would have been terrible cruel to put three growing jewfish into a 2400L tank. What the hell were you thinking?
    Standard 6x2x2 tanks are only 700l - 800l, the 2800l is a bio filter, only 1 filter in the tank! no wonder why the tank is still cloudy after a week, when the cloudynes should have gone away the next day if the owner had proper filtraton. And 3 jewies aorund the 50cm mark in a 6x2x2 is just asking for bad results, in less than a year if the fish keep living in that enviroment they will be stunted and deformed and as he said, they get plenty of food, it wont take that long to outgrow 60cm, which is the tank width, then what? 3 of the greatest estuary fish in a tank deformed .

This is all IMO.

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

Banshee, I've got no legal issues with mine. They are just stock from the fish farm which i put in as larvae. I'm actually using the 10 in my tank for scientific purposes as to what the fish can handle and writing a paper on it. At the moment they can happily survive in as low as 3g of salt per litre of water. Their growth rates are almost identical to fish living in normal salt water.