Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Map of Lake Monduran

New Map of Lake Monduran

A new map of Lake Monduran will be available from Wednesday 8/10/08.

The map shows the dam from the dam wall up to the Kolan River and all the major creeks.

It is an aerial photograph base corrected for distortions and overlayed with a GPS grid accurate to one tenth of a minute.

The original river bed is visable and it gives an indication of the dam shape at different water levels.

Local landmarks (eg White Rock, "B", Bird Bay etc) are marked on the map.

The maps will be available from Foxies Barra Havoc tackleshop and the kiosk at the Lake Monduran Holiday Park at the dam.

Price will be around $10.

It will be available at the World Wide Maps and Guides mapshop, Shop 30 Anzac Square Arcade in Brisbane some time next week.

Whiting

Re: New Map of Lake Monduran

Fantastic, hopefully we wont have to tow anyone out again!!!!!

I don't like your idea of a tow rope Benny......barbed wire
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Woo hoo. looking forward to getting my grubby mits on one.

crikey Ben, You left the door wide open with that one (and right on cue Paul enters stage left and delivers the blow!!)
    I wonder if the map needs updating already......to show the NEW position of the fenceline!!

Cheers Roo.

The fence line got pulled down, along with about 5 posts. Ol 175 horses of suzies best sorted it out, oh and some lunatic with a HOT FOOT.... YYEEAAHHHAAA
    Ben

Wonder if the boys lost seat cushion is on there?? great news on the map

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    crikey Ben, You left the door wide open with that one (and right on cue Paul enters stage left and delivers the blow!!)
    I wonder if the map needs updating already......to show the NEW position of the fenceline!!
    Right on Roo Ben (Barb) told me he always wanted to be a jackaroo ya know, rounding up cattle and the like His dream job for sure, and he was just getting in some practice shifting fences in that bay. We should rename it The Paddock in his honour

Ol 175 ponies struggled Benny. Stealth did not work in that bay And yes, some lunatic on the Hot Foot. Still laughing with you mate, not at you. There will be plenty more p*ss taken out of ya.

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Wonder if the boys lost seat cushion is on there?? great news on the map
    Chew....I think Navi cast it in the drink with Vin's combo, watch, hat etc etc etc. He just didn't see it flying through the air.

maybe it doubled as a pfd??

I reckon he has lost 10 grand worth of gear over board.... Remember the esky lid.....ohh noo.

Lol Ben. Navi now has an insurance policy for his insurance policy. There is a framed photo of Nav in the insurance company's head office

Chewy, not sure about the PFD mate, I think it must have sank quicker than Vin's Wheezer stick.

Cheers
    Paul

Yes, laugh it up boys.

I haven't even told you about the other trips that we've had with Vin rolling my 4WD near Emmaville on our way to cod fishing. Stuck the Pajero on the back of a tow truck and told him to drop it at my parents place in Brissy. We got Glenn Innis car rental to drop a car off where we rolled, packed rods into the hire car and still went fishing for the 4 days .

Another time we went cod/bass fishing in the Nymboida River (in flood) and ended up wrapping the 15ft plastic canoe around a boulder and loosing $5K worth of fishing gear.

And then there was this time ...................... think you get the drift .

No shortage of carnage, swearing and some brotherly love when we go fishing .

Hope the boys fishing in Tinaroo don't see this post!!!

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    Yes, laugh it up boys.

I haven't even told you about the other trips that we've had with Vin rolling my 4WD near Emmaville on our way to cod fishing. Stuck the Pajero on the back of a tow truck and told him to drop it at my parents place in Brissy. We got Glenn Innis car rental to drop a car off where we rolled, packed rods into the hire car and still went fishing for the 4 days .

Another time we went cod/bass fishing in the Nymboida River (in flood) and ended up wrapping the 15ft plastic canoe around a boulder and loosing $5K worth of fishing gear.

Mr Bean and Basil Fawlty - all rolled into one You certainly have some stories mate.......reels exploding mid fight, trebles in the face, the esky lid saga, the broken winch handle, speeding off into the night at Lake Awoonga and forgetting to put the bungs in and making us put them back in at high speed in the dark and the list goes on and on and on....no wonder my guts hurt so much when I fish with you buggers...........have you told the airline yet you are flying to Cairns?

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    Yes, laugh it up boys.

Navi....Please invest in a video camera(water and shock proof would be essential). It would be great viewing!! What was the esky lid saga??
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Im starting a new business, monduran salvage... should be pretty profitable i think!!!!!