Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Map of Lake Monduran

Re: New Map of Lake Monduran

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Im starting a new business, monduran salvage... should be pretty profitable i think!!!!!

Just look at it like it's Navi's garage sale Chewy
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Kim,

Esky lid story was quite boring really. Got back from Mondy one trip and decided to take the boat and esky to car lovers. On the way I got a glimpse in my rear view mirror of something white skidding across the road. By the time I turned the car around 1km further up the road and drove back - someone had already stopped to pick it up. Only cost $120 for a new lid .

Raincoat story was a bit better. Vin and I have these old yellow raincoats and pants - makes us look like a pair of prawn fishermen when we don 'em up the dam . Anywayz, for a while now I've been looking at buying a decent spray jacket that's somewhat fashionable. I finally found one that was a really good deal at 1/2 price so I lashed out and bought it. At the time I mentioned to Vin what a good buy it was but he was more then happy with his prawning jacket. 2 days later we decided to go offshore from Mooloolaba in unfavourable conditions in the middle of winter at 4am. Vin just whinged all the way because he was copping a flogging from the spray we were throwing up and was soaked to the bone and freezing. Meanwhile, I was as snug as a bug in my brand new spray jacket .

Needless to say I made a point of letting Vin know how dry and warm I was and what an awesome purchase I had made and what a tighta$se he was for not buying one too. I proceeded to take my jacket off, hang it over my chair and start fishing. Didn't catch anything so changed spots and started fishing again. About 10 mins later I turned around and noticed my jacket was no longer on my seat and had blown into the drink. I proceeded to curse non stop as Vin tried to hold back the tears that were now streaming down his face. I reckon I did about 100nm trying to find a blue jacket in a blue ocean!!!!! $100 for 1 hrs use but gee it was good for that 1 hr .

I could write a book on this stuff Kim.

that is an absolute crack up,you pair should have your own fishing show!!

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    that is an absolute crack up,you pair should have your own fishing show!!
    The wild and whacky adventures of New Moon and No Moon..... I am waiting for the return of serve......it will be ferocious me thinks.

What about vin testing his lures in his pool, and the attack of the ferocious alsation..... More Nav we want more... Holy crap...... i just remembered that i have lent you my new camera for Tinaroo, ah well at least its water proof, but only to 3 meters. Try and drop it over in the shallows eh
    Cheers
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    What about vin testing his lures in his pool, and the attack of the ferocious alsation..... More Nav we want more... Holy crap...... i just remembered that i have lent you my new camera for Tinaroo, ah well at least its water proof, but only to 3 meters. Try and drop it over in the shallows eh
    Cheers
    Ben
    Your camera is in more trouble than the early settlers Ben. Does the insurance have a Navi clause?

imagine when monduran starts to drop again, steve and foxie will be staking out all the usual haunts awaiting the gear to show up, keep an eye out for specials in foxies.Ahhh that was bens cunning plan.he was trawling for navis gear.. and we all thought he was shabby driver.... hey ben did ya get that pm bout jacks?

Hey Chewy,
    I was trying the 175 ponies on some serious torque test.
    I did get the pm mate, did you get mine?
    Tried on Sunday, with lures, i was getting sea sick from the other boats wake!!!!
    Cheers
    Ben

Quote Originally Posted by eotbmg View Post
    Hey Chewy,
    I was trying the 175 ponies on some serious torque test.
    I did get the pm mate, did you get mine?
    Tried on Sunday, with lures, i was getting sea sick from the other boats wake!!!!
    Cheers
    Ben
    you still trying for a jack ben dont worry i had a donugt saturday night too

no mate didnt get it, going sat night to try for one. and the following weekend im going down the inside of fraser chasing barra and fingermark...hope to buggery they play the game...i need a map like this one of mondy.It could read,broken live fibre,barra 8 chew zero. the lure graveyard... i might start one of the straights..have to get foxies input..

What can I say - it's all true or as Vin would say 'Why are people so unkind'! .

How come I never got a drive of the ranger at Mondy Paul?? - scared I'll do a Miller . Atleast Benny Barbwire pulls fence posts while in the water .

I'm sure there'll be a few stories from next week. One day when I have a few hours spare, I'll go through my fishing diaries and pick out my top ten funny/disasterous moments.

Unfortunately, I actually have to tidy up some things before I finish work today.

Tinaroo by tomorrow night - woohoo.

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post

I could write a book on this stuff Kim.
    Oohh Please do!! We want more!!!
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post
    What can I say - it's all true or as Vin would say 'Why are people so unkind'! .

How come I never got a drive of the ranger at Mondy Paul?? - scared I'll do a Miller . Atleast Benny Barbwire pulls fence posts while in the water .
    I am trying to break the boat in, not break the boat apart

Have a good trip Nav and Vin. looking forward to the tall tales of the intrepid adventures on Tinaroo.

Ben, get them to fit a good length of cord to the camera.....enough to get access all round the boat while still being tethered to a central point onboard.....preferably some thing bolted down!!!but not so long that it fouls the prop.....or its goodbye camera!!!!!

Cheers Roo

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    I am trying to break the boat in, not break the boat apart
    Although Paul...What a sight it would be seeing the Chariot jetison itself of the island at the top end of the Basin.....Australia's Funniest Home movies stuff...unfortunatedly at your expense....just a thought I know it will never happen if u have anything to do with it
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless