Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Double or Nothing" hits DI- I see red

"Double or Nothing" hits DI- I see red

After 4 months of hell since the wife left me it was time to take the new boat to DI for it's first fish. Had the oldman and Troy (Zulu) on board and headed out Saturday afternoon and fished inclose to DI for some nice Pearlies, Moses and squire but things were looking slow so I moved wider and anchored up for the night and found the current pretty strong. Got up in the morning and headed for the usual red haunts but things were looking slow with only the odd nice fish coming aboard so continued the long haul to an area I hadn't spent much time in and straightaway Troy pulls a nice Blue Moari cod followed by some Pearlies, Hussar, parrot and cod. I put on a large dead bait to see if there would be some Reds lurking and straightaway pulled a nice red. We all went to large baits and all started to pull some nice reds with the better fish coming well off the back of the reef which is generally where the bigger lone fish feed during the day. It was the middle of the day and the conditions were great with glassy seas. We pulled 12 good reds pretty quickly and I decided to spend a few hours sounding the area out but didn't find anything that caught my attention so headed back to red spot and first drift I pulled a red around 13-14kg mark. We anchored up and found the current running pretty hard but still just fishable and pulled another couple of good reds to complete our bag of 15 so I headed back in close to see if we could find some snapper but the Northerly winds quickly picked up pretty strong so I made a call to head for the bar before sundown as the esky was looking pretty healthy. The boat went fantastic and we covered 325km in the day and half we were out. Troy might have something to add if I missed something.

Regards,
    Greg

Re: "Double or Nothing" hits DI- I see red

Greg...Sensational Reds mate...

You are the 'reddy king'.....

Great stuff.

Pete

Sorry to only just hear about the other half Greg...........had my first do a runner leaving me with 3 kids

Nice report and excellent pics.

Hang on in there.

kev

See my breeder fish photography here: https://kevindickinsonfineartphot.sm...opical-Fish-2/
    Quality digital copies free to Ausfishers............use as wallpaper or can be printed......size up to 20 x16. PM for details.

you've lived up to your nicname i recon...fantastic pictures...those colours are amazing...brace yourself Reefmaster here come the questions ...what camera did you use???...what sized lense???...what dead bait did you use...hussar???...id recon you'd need a frenna to pull up that beasty in pic 1 ...what gear were you fishing with???...how deep were you fishing???
    looks like another great day in the office...thanks heaps for the awesome piccies and report

Mrs Benno1

i'm still dreaming of the day I post pics of reds like that!!! top work.

Geez, they're all great fish. What a way to get back into it

Regards,
    Dave.

My god those are some awesome reds! That's a beautiful big pearlie, too. Maybe Foxy can help me catch one like that in a week or so!

Well done!

Nothing but quality mate, very nice.

Cheers Wal

G'day Greg,

Sensational fishing mate, looks like you know a thing or two about Red Emperor? Those are some awesome quality photos, you should send them into a magazine and try and get them published.

If you don't mind me asking, what sought of gear did you catch them on, ie. rod, reel, bait or plastics?

Cheers,

James

Excellent As Always Greag

well done Greg, some great pics
    chin up mate

Daz

Nice work again Gregie, the seas look awesome.

pm sent.

phill
    Kingfisher Painting Solutions:- Domestic and Commercial.

For further information, contact details, quotes or advice - Click Here

Some great looking fish Greg... You boys must have had a ball. great fishing mate and about time "double or nothing" had the consistent red colour comin on board.cheers Trav. pictures are sensational....will we be seeing more in BNB?

Thats awesome Greg.love those reds mate well done. Look forward to the report in bush and beach.

regards Wadeo

looks the goods greg ,
    cant wait for 1770 in 2 weeks with plenty of the ausfish guys coming up hopfully a few more of us can post a few as well

great pics

wayne