Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Monduran Trip

Re: Monduran Trip

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Ok boys, Pete4 & Whitto, I have been waiting for a quiet moment to ask this question, and as I have had a couple of throat oils, my decky for the Mondy trip wants to know if he can have a shot at the Bass while we r there. I know the main target is barra but we both, living where we do, love nailing big Bass, so, it doesn't seem to rate much of a mention on the forums but mondy? Bass?

dare I ask?
    Cheers, Pete
    Pete

I posted a bit in the new thread about the mondy comp regarding bass.

They still do stock monduran with bass (number the same each year) as MASA has a pretty sweet deal going with a supplier., Although they are increasing the Barra stocking as much as possible...as everyone would hope. We are putting another 60000 barra in latter this year for no other reason other than the fact they are available, the price is right, and we have a new contracter (good price) to transport them to us from Bowen. I am not sure when the next bass shipment is coming.

As for Bass, the conditions were perfect for them on the weekend, overcast and cool. There were stacks weighed in and released too. One family caught over 50 but only weighed in their biggest 2. Poor buggers still didnt win!! The fish are extremly health and fit too (dodging XOS barra looking for a snack would be enough to make any mid size bass nervous). So they are in there, in big numbers too, unlike the southern dams, they have plenty of protection at monduran and are rarely targeted, therefor...less reports. A lot of locas tell me stories of big hauls of bass for many years, lots of locals target them too. But mainly with live schrimp....they love them!

cheers steve

Thanks Steve for the feedback, I did read your report. The bass gear is packed, and if we do get some adverse conditions next week at least we have a back up plan if the Barra get lock jaw.

U mentioned the fishing pressure around the full moon 15th? I am guessing it's going to be packed to the rafters for a while. Do they mainly just want to fish the actual f/m date or before and after?
    I was in a tackle shop over the weekend and the guy told me he knew of a crew of 100 bodies heading up this weekend, got me panicking a bit, hate crowds, but hey, set the GPS and P**S off way up the dam.
    Thanks again, Pete.

Hi all, the day has finally come, after all the planning, questions asked and answered, gear sorted, packed and re packed we r heading off this afternoon for our first Barra Trip.
    Just doing the last hand over at work, then home to pack the car and boat, kiss the kid's and the missus and then bolt.................

Just another quick THANK YOU, to all those Ausfishers that have responded to my myriad of questions and to those who will be heading up to or passing by Monduran next week I am looking forward to putting faces to names and sharing a cool drink and a chat.

Pls all say a small prayer to the Barra gods that this Barra virgin is deflowered in the coming days.........................

See ya, Pete.

Go get 'em mate!

See you monday....

Jim

Good luck - see you both Thursday!

Pete (&Kyle)

Thumbs up Re: Monduran Trip

Pete I see you are on line still. shouldn't you be heading North. I hope the weather comes good for you mate. I have the week off and may make the trip.

Blue over silver Patrol. Maroon deck 385, Minn kota on the bonnet, mondy muster sticker on the side.

GOOD LUCK, HOOK UP AND HANG ON!!

Remember anything goes at Mondy mate keep changin till somthing takes an interest.

As you say GPS and go you will find a quite place up the dam.
    DON'T GO FLAT UNLESS YOU KNOW WHERE YOU ARE! There are plenty of gotchas just under the water, very dangerous till you have a safe track in your plotter.
    Last edited by darylive; 17-10-2008 at 09:17 AM. Reason: edit stuff

Good luck Pete make sure you have fun mate.

I hear the boat ramps at Awoonga and Monduran have been packed. Hard to get a powered site on some wknds crikey.

Have a good one and don't forget to enjoy the camping side of things as well mate.
    Cheers Lyndon.