Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monduran Trip

Monduran Trip

Hi all, with only 17 sleeps to go I thought I would put up a thread to see who was going to be on the dam during our week.

We will be doing the long haul overnight on the 17th October, dropping in to introduce ourselves to Foxie and his credit card machine then heading out to set up camp.

We will be there for the full week leaving on the 25th.

Red Toyota Kluger, unpainted Sea Jay 40 Yamaha and proudly displayed red Ausfish stickers on the bow.

I would like to thank all those who have shared their knowledge and tips to this untested but very keen Barramundi fisherman and hope to put some faces to names during that week.

Cheers, Pete

Re: Monduran Trip

Good luck mate. Get the good oil from John & Jackie. Keep and eye on any reports in the lead up as they may have hints for techniques that are working in the current conditions. Most important, Don't forget to have a good time at it.
    Cheers Roo.

Pete

My wife and i will be there from 20-25th.

It's our first impoundment barra trip too so we'll be madly trawling through this sight and digesting as much info as possible in the next few weeks.

We have a green Land Rover towing a black stacer side console with a 60hp yammie on the back. Our boat is called "THE OFFICE"

We'll definitely come and say G'day.

Being our first trip we'd be keen to swap or share ideas on what is or isn't working throughout the week.

see you there

Jim
    Last edited by Jungle Jim; 26-11-2008 at 08:11 AM.

Good one Jim, r u camping? We have a guide booked for Sunday the 19th so with what info fellow Ausfishers have imparted, picking Foxie and Jackies brains and the guide we should be in with a good shot. Look forward to meeting u both. Cheer's Pete.

We'll see you there Pete.

Kyle & I will be there from 23 - 26 October.

White Horizon Stalker 400 with 40 hp Honda four stroke tiller steer....towed by maroon Mitsubishi Challenger.

Regs

Pete

Mate we are in one of the cabins there.

We've never been there before and figured less time putting up tents meant more time enjoying a few quiet bundy's.

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by Jungle Jim View Post
    Mate we are in one of the cabins there.

We've never been there before and figured less time putting up tents meant more time enjoying a few quiet bundy's.

Jim
    We are also in a cabin Jim (there are only four) but we spend all of the daylight hours on the water!

Pete62 is from Coffs Harbour, we're from Redlands (Brissy) - where are you coming from?

Mate we are coming up from Capalaba... small world it is

Jim

lol - we're at Alex Hills!

Hey Pete, good one, I was hoping u were still on the hook. Jim, cabins sounds like the way to go, air con and all.
    Cheers, Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Hey Pete, good one, I was hoping u were still on the hook. Jim, cabins sounds like the way to go, air con and all.
    Cheers, Pete.
    Yeah Pete,

We're hoping for a repeat of October 2007 and January 2008 after donut trips in March and August.....

We are so time conscious that we hit the dam pre-dawn at usually come in just before dusk. In the cabin all meals are eaten using disposable cutlery, plastic plates & bowls and styrofoam cups so we don't have to waste time cleaning up or washing up!!

Any food in a ready to eat packet is good! Weather is warming up nicely and little or no rain forecast for your/our stay.......

You might say we are a little bit keen to catch fish

Pete

Yeh Pete I can imagine you will be very keen, as we are. If I am correct the full moon falls on the 17th so after reading some promising reports on dusk onwards successes we will be keen to have a go at those times as well.
    Cheers,Pete

Full moon is 15 October. We were there for the full moon in October 2007 but only fished daylight hours. The problem with the full moon is that a heap of trollers come to Monduran and work the main basin all night.

Makes both ramps very busy. If you're in the cabins then the dirt ramps is bigger, closer and easier to access than the concrete ramp. The Kluger should handle the dusty, slippery slope......

The bite last year was hot for just about everyone - except Steve B who eventually came good! Hot temps, still days and the occasional storm all helped.

Let's hope it's the same this year.

Pete

jeez guys talk about whet the appettite...!!

i thought i was keen before...!

Jim

Don't get too excited Jim.

When the barra don't want to play it can be a long hard slog.......having said that there's nothing like having one on the end of your line........

Here's some pics to whet your appetite even more.....