Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monduran Trip

Re: Monduran Trip

Hey Squidda, thanks for letting me know, will catch up for sure,camping also. Is there better or worse areas to set up? have been advised not to close to the kitchen.
    Steve B or Roo, with the slim Beauty can I asume when making the knot the figure 8 part is done on the leader?

Thanks Pete.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Hey Squidda, thanks for letting me know, will catch up for sure,camping also. Is there better or worse areas to set up? have been advised not to close to the kitchen.
    Steve B or Roo, with the slim Beauty can I asume when making the knot the figure 8 part is done on the leader?

Thanks Pete.
    Hi Pete

I can answer that for the boys if you like. Yes the figure 8 is tied in the leader first. Make sure it's a proper figure 8 and not a granny knot.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Thanks Paul, I watched the video on utube and it was a yank doing it on Fly line so I wanted to make sure.
    Cheers, Pete.

until today i'd been thinking bimini onto improved albright...

then out of the blue a few guys start saying go the slim beauty - which makes sense given that the main concern i had with the albright was a rather thick tag end from the 60-80lb leader facing forward when going through the guides.

so i pop downstairs to the library find a guide to the slim beauty and from the look of iy, the forward most part fo the knot actually tucks under itself with the tag ends comign out toward the middle to back of the knot.

sure the thick leader is still at the front of the knot but at least its not a pointy tagg end facing directly forward and smashing into every guide as it passess.

the slim beauty looks the business to me... thanks to all those who posted.

Jim

Hey Jim, how many hours now?

I think for us newbies it's going to come down to personal choice and the lads r good enough to give us there opinions and options its up to us to work out the details.
    I am not a fan of the Bimini, it just seems too bulky, but I was never very good at it so that was probably the main problem.
    I went shopping, again, yesterday and bought the makings for the JE twisted leaders so I will make some of those up and as Pete4 said just use them on hardbodies and 60 via a slim beauty(video on utube) for the plackies.
    Bear in mind the JE twisted leaders are only short and don't go through the guides.

Cheers, Pete.

[quote=Pete62;909503] Bear in mind the JE twisted leaders are only short and don't go through the guides. [quote]

If you make 'em right they will have a small bead to stop them going through the guides.

Happy with either an allbright or slim beauty connection straight to the main line.....no failures yet (fingers crossed!)

Hey Pete, gonna have a go at making up the JE's tonight, let u know how I go. Went to Mo Tackle, big hole on the display wall where the frogs and Hollowbellies r supposed to be, my bestest mate there told me he would try to snavle me a few pack of each if they come in in time.

Geez if I buy anymore gear i'm gunna need a support vechile.

Cheers, Pete

Hey Pete

Just remember to whack a little glow bead (slightly bigger than your tip runner) or similar on top of the crimp to protect your top runner.

Cheers
    Paul

Hey Paul, thanks bud, I printed off the thread from Mak579 dated 4/9/07 and took it shopping so I have got some of the beads.
    Cheers, Pete
    BTW sweet ride..............

Quote Originally Posted by Pete62 View Post
    Hey Paul, thanks bud, I printed off the thread from Mak579 dated 4/9/07 and took it shopping so I have got some of the beads.
    Cheers, Pete
    BTW sweet ride..............
    Thanks Pete.....boat goes better when Ben doesn't try to tow entire fence lines behind her

Cheers
    Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Thanks Pete.....boat goes better when Ben doesn't try to tow entire fence lines behind her

Cheers
    Paul
    There is years left in that one yet!!

Pete, Foxie has both hollowbellies and frogs. Give him a call he may be able to put you some aside.
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by themissus View Post
    There is years left in that one yet!!

Pete, Foxie has both hollowbellies and frogs. Give him a call he may be able to put you some aside.
    Cheers Kim.
    I reckon Kim....we'll milk it for all it's worth

Cheers
    Paul

Hi Pete I will be up there from the twentyfourth Oct until the thirtfirst Oct, I am staying in the last house before the dirt boat ramp with seven others. Drop in for a cold one before you go. Regards Brian.

Boys, Im a big fan of K.I.S.S, so with leaders, for me its straight Penn 10X 80lb, a loop knot at the lure, allbrite at the other end, a dab of super glue rolled between my wet finger and thumb to smooth out the bulkiness of the knot and add a bit of insurace.
    Yeah yeah yeah, I know, I should be able to tie a knot that doesnt need to be glued, I can tie the bimini twist thingy, and know how to do a twisted leader whatsit, but couldnt be bothered, these are barra, not grander marlin, WTF, it works for me

Im the same Brian....Albright knot and a loop knot to the lure...Your abit flasher than me putting super glue on the knot to lock it....Ill put your tip into practice it seems to make sense....Im not into rocket science u can eventually dissapear up your own ar.s.....things are looking good Brian.....Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless