Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Monduran Trip

Re: Monduran Trip

Pete, sounds like the full moon brings out all the hopeful. I will shoot u an email with my mobile # if u want to do the same i will text u with all the good news b4 u arrive.

Cheers, pete.

Peter 4

I can tell you've done this before...

thanks for the tips on plastic plates and the closer dirt ramp..

these little tricks of the trade hey...

we are starting to pack this weekend.

rods check
    reels check
    oversized net big enough to swat jumbo jets with check
    rum check
    coke check
    plastic knives, forks and plates check (thanks peter4)

ill be spooling up 2 reels on the weekend with 30lb tufline and doing the owner ring and hook upgrade on some/most lures.

you can't half tell im a barra virgin...

Jim

I have 30lb tufline on a couple of reels and match it up with 60lb Black Magic supple trace leader (Erskine Twisted Leader).......

Owner ST-66 hooks are best and Hyperwire rings or Halco 4XXX rings....

If you have a pool play around with the weights on your lures so they suspend/rise slowly or sink slowly........

Pete

Yeah Pete me and the little lass might be there I may duck up friday arvo and fish the weekend, after the mayheme of the comp thing will probably be a touch quieter people wise so will see how we go, if not the weekend after.

Either way will keep a eye out

Nath

Nath, me and a mate are up on the first weekend in November, introduceing our Dads to a bit of IBD, is that when you were thinking??

Dont forget some plastics guys 110 & 130mm slick rigs ( Evil Minnow + black & Gold) upgrade the jig heads to Nitros though !

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

White 4m stacer bass elite towed by a Pajero.

No doubt I'll be there on the Sunday

And a little appetite whetter....... buy a couple of River2Sea Kong Jnr Swimbaits from a BCF in the floating version and throw them around dawn and dusk. Lets just say the last couple of Sunday evenings there have been some large implosion feeding sessions on them slow to medium rolled across the surface.

Geez Josh,

that looks like Robo-fish!!!!.

I would see you there sunday, but its Footy final weekend!!!

have a good trip mate.

cheers steve

Will be at Mondy 8/9/10 Oct...back to Strathpine on Friday arvo before the onslaught of the Family Comp....will be in the Top Camp site area.....White Rodeo/Stessco tinnie......Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Yeah....... late scratching. Just found out the family fishing comp is this weekend from the guys at Tackleworld.

Apparently last year they had 730+ entrants! Even if that is 3 in a boat and lots lots of kids that's like 250 boats. So I'll give it a miss this weekend me thinks. It would have been great to meet a lot of Ausfishers out there but walking 4km to get back to the boat after launching is enough to keep me away.

Hope it's a good weekend for those going though. Hey, matbe I should hit Awoonga this weekend then

Josh

Quote Originally Posted by flairj View Post
    Yeah....... late scratching. Just found out the family fishing comp is this weekend from the guys at Tackleworld.

Apparently last year they had 730+ entrants! Even if that is 3 in a boat and lots lots of kids that's like 250 boats. So I'll give it a miss this weekend me thinks. It would have been great to meet a lot of Ausfishers out there but walking 4km to get back to the boat after launching is enough to keep me away.

Hope it's a good weekend for those going though. Hey, matbe I should hit Awoonga this weekend then

Josh
    ....................You are more than welcome Josh...Max walking distance here is only about a K.... All uphill Its called the Awoonga fitness trail

Quote Originally Posted by flairj View Post

Josh
    Josh....The Winn Family Comp is on the 11/12 October....not this weekend......unless there is some other comp that I'm not aware of....thats why I'm going 8/9/10 October
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Yeah Brian Mate I will be up there the weekend after the comp but will be there for the two weeks from the 8th to the 23rd of november

Hey Josh that robo-lure of yours, how do you go about rigging somthing like that?
    <*}))<

You luck buggers!! Must nearly be down to counting sleeps by now!! Good luck!! Looking forward to the reports!!
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'