Thread: Great morning at spot x with spinnerbaits

Great morning at spot x with spinnerbaits

Had a flick during smoko this morning at spot x. After catching my first ever bass on a spinnerbait i wanted to give it another crack . Got to the spot and it was hot as hell,threw out a few casts and got a nice bass to start off with, next cast got hit right at my feet and landed another good one. Went a bit quiet for about 15 min the 2 more bass in another 2 casts, got some great hits after that but no hook up. Had a look at the spinnerbait and i lost the stinger. Put another one on and got what would prbably be my smallest bass ever. After that it went very quiet so was time to pack up and get back to work. All fish were hooked on the stinger, the guys at the tackle shop put me onto them as i have never heard of them on a spinnerbaot before as they are a new thing for me, im now convinced they up the hookups ten fold.
    Cheers
    If i could get paid the same to fish, sorry boss but i ......!

Re: Great morning at spot x with spinnerbaits

Well done Geoff, into it again. That would have been a very satisfying smoko break. Its amazing how aggressive those little bass are. The stinger hooks sure make a difference to the hookup rate on the spinnerbaits. cheers Richard

Good fishing mate...that little fella is a cracker those stingers are effective hey ? I rig the stinger with a plastic for a little more action and to give them something extra to munch on.

its a good sign to see the little ones are there as well. well done the hot whether might start to bring the big ones out.

bron

Cute little fella . Youv'e got me keen to give your'e new secret spot a go mate. Dam breakdown callouts kept me away this afternoon. They seem a fair bit skinnier than the other ones. I guess they have just finished spawning and have exherted a fair bit of their energy stores getting back upstream. Congrats , Ben