HDS 10 and HDS 5
    LED under gunnel lights
    Dunbier trailer
    Hydraulic steering
    Baitmate bait board, 640mm, with legs extended to 500mm for perfect height

To do (next few weeks hopefully)

Graphics for name "BIMINI TWIST"
    AUSFISH stickers!
    Stainless rocket launchers (separate to bimini)
    Plumb rear holds into live bait tanks
    More rod holders in gunnels
    Stainless berley bucket (maybe through rear step, maybe)
    Outriggers

Down the track and money permitting....maybe a hard top....we will see.

more photos to come (this one was taken when i bought it)

Very happy love it
    Josh

Re: Yalta Owners Club-aka-Roll Call

Hi,

In the process to buy a new Yalta 2000 DLX.
    Not sure if I must put a Yamaha F115 or F150 four strokes on, can you please help ?.

Any other extras that you would reccomend like sounders ect.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by JACO ERASMUS View Post
    Hi,

Not sure if I must put a Yamaha F115 or F150 four strokes on, can you please help ?.
    Thanks
    Went through the same questions a while ago when I was looking at a yalta. There's about 8k difference as it starts to bump the price of the whole package up.

Plenty of guys on here with 115's and they say it's ample, but when I can afford it i'll be going the 150.

i have a yalta 2000 with a 175 Zuke on the back. I cant really see a 115 in any brand or 2 stroke or four being anywhere near optimum for a 6 metre fiberglass. My previous donk was a yamy 150 2 stroke and it gave you heaps of spare power when needed. 115 yust doesnt have anything up its sleeve on a boat this size for extra load or in a big sea.

The general rule for a 6 metre would be 135 upwards

Cheers
    John
    "let not he boast who puts his armor on, as he who takes it off"

Hi guys

New to the site, well finally a member. Thanks for all the guys who have posted on here as I have found the info very usefull indeed. Now to the topic at hand. I have a Yalta Odessa 2000, not sure of the age, but I know its factory origional. It has a 115hp Mariner on the back and to date all I have added is a rocket launcher/ bimini which I have built for it. I will be adding 2 fibro seat boxes which I have made and removing the pedestals, but I have to wait till I find the right seats for it. As for the power of the boat, I have to agree with odes20. The 115hp 2st just dosent cut the mustard. For 2 blokes its ok, but there just isnt that extra power in it to get you out of trouble or to get you around at a great rate of knots. Its about good enough for family days out. The motor I have has been fully rebuils 147 hrs ago so its not tired by the previous owner which is why I want to upgrade to twins. Not sure what size, but I am leaning towards 100's or 115's as a mate has 2X115's on his 6 meter edencraft. Anyway, I should have photos on he next week for all to see.

cheers
    Vic
    Last edited by no1chaos; 25-04-2011 at 10:29 PM. Reason: adding photos

G'Day Lads, In about 4 days (fingers crossed) I will be picking up my 1800 Allrounder with a 115hp Yammy 4 stroke. Getting them to fit all electronics while i'm working anyway so that it will be ready to go when i pick it up. Will post photos within the next week. Also, as i'm based in NSW does anyone know the easiest process to register the trailer? RTA website is useless but pretty sure i need a blue slip, although since it's new I won't need to weigh it. Is this correct? Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by odes20 View Post
    i have a yalta 2000 with a 175 Zuke on the back. I cant really see a 115 in any brand or 2 stroke or four being anywhere near optimum for a 6 metre fiberglass. ..

The general rule for a 6 metre would be 135 upwards

Cheers
    John
    I think it depends on the boat and motor john. When I first saw my Vagabond with a 115 I thought it would have required a 150 min (but this is the slightly lighter hull than the later Vags). A mate who has a merc dealership said he thought it would be underpowered, but, the only way was to load it up and see. So I test ran it with three blokes and it hit 70kph and hole shot was very very good - but the low hours Yammy V4 2 stroke with stainless prop punches above its nominal 115hp. Since I have added a heap of weight and find that with 3 blokes that typically go, heaps of gear, 150l of fuel, toilet, electric windlesss, 2 big marine batteries, big anchor, spare anchor etc etc its hole shot is still very good - it leaps out and tops out at 62kph. It's economical cruise speed is 45kph and she is very understressed at that rate. I really dont think the straight 115's had the grunt of the V. Cheers
    Boat: Seafarer Vagabond
    Live: Great South East....love Moreton Bay fishing

Mate i have a yalta 2000 with a 115 yammy 4stke, i went through same thing wanted more power and was think susie 140 but i couldnt be happier with the yammy gets us to moreton and back been out in some rough conditions with 2 adults 1teenager and 2 boys total around 355kg handle it fine. also took down to grafton at easter towed kids and adults on tubes ,boards etc no dramas more power more cost need any info just ask but lots of blokes have the 115 scott
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakers 69 View Post
    Hi,

Thanks

A few pics of the Yalta to add to the thread.
    Up at Yellow Patch on the weekend

P1010406.jpg

P1010431.jpg

P1010408.jpg

Josh
    Yalta Craft 555HC, "BIMINI TWIST", home port Gladstone
    Member of the Yalta Craft Appreciation Society

Picked up my 1800 All Rounder from the boys at Marine Tune late Friday arvo and stoked with it. The young bloke who fitted it out did an awesome job. Pics to follow

Fit out includes:
    -Yamaha 115hp 4 stroke
    -Hydraulic Steering
    -Lowrance HDS 7
    -Fusion MS-IP600 stereo (Opens to slide iPhone inside)
    -GME 27 meg Radio (GX300 maybe)
    -GME VHF Radio (GX600 maybe)
    -Dunbier Drive on Trailer
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ordering next week
    -Baitmate Bait Board
    -More rod holders
    -Jabsco Water Puppy setup for deck-wash
    -LED strip lighting for gunwales

DSC_0003.jpgDSC_0007.jpgDSC_0011.jpg

Looks great mate. I love your dash layout. When did they change to a moulded dash?

Hey all, im just a little stoked, just installed my HDS10 and Fusion sound system and went for a water trial today, very happy. The HDS will read bottom up to about 60kms/hr (the bottom is there strongly but detail is down), at around 30km/hr the bottom looks pretty darn good, and of course at slower speeds it is bloody awesome, i quickly ducked out to the Bindaree and dam she lit up (had the missues so didnt bring a rod) stupid me...

P1010442.JPG

Any just a shot of the dash to add to the mix, sitting around 30knts and holding bottom

Josh
    Yalta Craft 555HC, "BIMINI TWIST", home port Gladstone
    Member of the Yalta Craft Appreciation Society

Quote Originally Posted by the lump View Post
    Looks great mate. I love your dash layout. When did they change to a moulded dash?
    Jase,

from memory the 1800's always had a moulded dash, different to the triple 555s.

Nice boat paulhope7, enjoy..

regards
    Honda.

F_b_a do you have any problem with the GPS in your Lowrance units as a result of the bimini or do you have an external antenna? Mine seems to be getting a fix fine, however it won't let me zoom in as far as i could when mounted in my open tinnie. Thinking I may need to find an external antenna from America.