Page 7 of 24 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Yalta Owners Club-aka-Roll Call

Re: Yalta Owners Club-aka-Roll Call

Pinhead

My works are full of variations thats where i make extra money but only when the cleint changes something on a job or i can see an extra they would might like to add .You are missing the whole point here mate i was just starting this to see if handshakes /peoples words /people saying they would honour something is worth anything these days thats ALL.
    I do negotiate alot and do understand all of what goes on there thats what i was in the process of when the salesman said he would honor a quote.

anyway enough on this thread im going to by a boat.

have a great day

scott

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    it is obvious why I use the name Pinead,,the pic says it all..but you don't know how or why I chose it BUT..
    a little explanation for you:
    MT has quoted you a price for you to purchase a finished product. You say you write quotes in the building game..what you are doing is tendering to do work..totally different concept. I tender a lot also and the prices change dramatically at times as the project proceeds..they are called variations. So my original tender is to carry out work and alter same as the project proceeds as the client requires various changes from the original design.
    They have quoted you a price for a finished product..not work in progress.
    I have purchased a boat which cost a lot more than any Yalta and that was done on a handshake...that was after receiving an original quotation and the negotiation which followed..and that was what I was telling you to do..negotiate.
    Surely you never have variations in any of your works ????

Hi bulldogs7

Is a near new rig an option for you,just might be fortunate enough to jag something close to what you would like already optioned up and save a bomb with someone else having lost on the initial depreciation once its driven out of the dealers driveway.

Just a thought but certainly keep us informed on what you end up going with.

Cheers

Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Hi steeler

Yeh mate let me know the details,
    you can email me at lardners@msn.com or PM me here.
    or call me on 0417762466

thanks again

scott

Quote Originally Posted by Steeler View Post
    Hi bulldogs7

Is a near new rig an option for you,just might be fortunate enough to jag something close to what you would like already optioned up and save a bomb with someone else having lost on the initial depreciation once its driven out of the dealers driveway.

Just a thought but certainly keep us informed on what you end up going with.

Cheers

Steve

Hi Scott

Sorry if i gave you the wrong impression, i don't know of any for sale. I just thought i would throw that idea your way as an alternative.

Cheers

Steve

DoNotFeedTheTrollsAandBelligerent

Late comer I am!

Here is my Yalta Odessa 2000 Awesome boat. I have her all set up for fishing and Overnighters.
    Personally rebuilt transom incl raising height to accomodate 25 inch leg. Last year completely rebuilt stringers and all underfloor structure right thru to cabin. Have good pics of both operations.
    Rig Specs.
    Suzuki 175 4 stroke (the beast)
    Fuel consumtion 1.8 kms per litre
    Cruising speed 52-53 km per hr @ 4600 rpm
    Top speed at WOT 6100 rpm 74 kms hr
    Full length Aluminium canopy with clip and zip down clears at front
    Fuel capacity 158 litres under floor
    Furuno 600L Color Sounder
    Garmin 198c Color Plotter /Sounder

The Baby of the Pack

Yalta Craft 1600 offshore (half cabin)

1987 model Hull with matching yr Motor 50Hp Brown band Merc ...Both in immaculate condition top speed 60km/h :shocked:

LED Nav & anchor lights & Trailer lights

Eagle 502Ci Sounder /Plotter /Gps

handles rought water real well

Karizma,

looks to be in good nick, congrats..

REgards
    HOnda.

thanks honda ...yeh shes a beute

Just curious, does anyone know why Yalta have changed the name of their boats??

Seems to me the 555 is now the 1800 All Rounder ? Which one is now what was the odessa, the 2000 Fisherman ?

I am seriously looking at a 1800 All Rounder with a Yammy 115 4st from MT. Does anyone else have one ? Not too keen on the fixed seat boxes though as Id like camper covers and be able to sleep on the main cab floor with the wife while kids sleep up front.

My other option is the Tournament 1750 with Etec 115. It has pedastal seats.

Lancair

Lancair,

the 2000 fisherman is the 555, so the 1800 is the 535.

Regards
    HOnda.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancair View Post

My other option is the Tournament 1750 with Etec 115. It has pedastal seats.

Lancair
    I ordered my 555 with pedestal seats , didn't like the glass boxes either. This was not an issue. The other thing you will find with the Yalta is headroom under the canopy without having to order extended height specially, which works well with a pedestal seat that slides back for the drivers side if you want to stand up while driving in rough conditions.

Scalem

Thanks Scalem,
    As I am 6'3" that is an important consideration for me. Im hoping to get back to MT this week to discuss options further. Due to the fact that I have to travel at least 40 odd km to get a Yammy serviced, I am considering buying hull only from MT and getting a local dealre to fit an Etec 115 or 130.

Lancair

i have the 535 allrounder.
    love this boat and so does my girl. we are out on it as much as we can.
    it has 115 yamaha
    hummingbird 787 combo
    rear ladder
    vhf and am/fm radio(not that we use it much)
    and basically all the standard stuff you get with purchase

Hi Guys, I only got my Yalta 2000 Fisherman just before Christmas last year and have loved the boat. My first post on this thread was on page 3. Very regretably I have to sell her well before predicted. When you need to clear up expenses the first thing to go are the toys (and it wasn't the wife's idea). If anyone knows someone looking for a boat as good as new with only 28 hours and heaps of extra's then get them to have a look at my add at http://www.boatsales.com.au/boats-fo...aspx?R=9205662

G'Day All,
    A quick question for all the Yalta gurus out there. I have an early to mid 80's 16 ft half cabin (the classic yellow & white) hull with a now totally stuffed early to mid 80's Mariner 70hp outboard. I am obviously looking to replace the motor, but am unsure about whether I should move up to something with more hp. The main reason for this is that, when the current motor did work it had difficulty pushing the boat onto a plain with four on board (everyone had to stand up the front!). I am unsure whether this was because the old motor was already on the way out or not, or whether a newer 70hp would make a difference. I have looked around and seen a few with 90hp fitted, but not much more than that. I am not so much worried about having too much power, more exceeding the safe weight for the transom or impacting on the stability of the hull on the whole. I have contacted Yalta and they can't tell me a recommended maximum hp due to the hulls age. Any ideas?