Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: Yalta Owners Club-aka-Roll Call

Re: Yalta Owners Club-aka-Roll Call

Scalem hey another one ,, do you have clip in carpet whats your thoughts on that be good to beable to take of to hose off, but i suppose the clips will rust and be a pain in the arse in time.

Scott

Quote Originally Posted by bulldogs7 View Post
    Scalem hey another one ,, do you have clip in carpet whats your thoughts on that be good to beable to take of to hose off, but i suppose the clips will rust and be a pain in the arse in time.

Scott
    I don't know if its pheasible Scott, the carpet where it goes into the cabin looks like a stair nosing, that is, an edge strip is screwed down on top of the carpet, and the box clips are also screwed down. It could be better buy having clip in and out I have to agree, but you can get around it, I hit the fish blood with the Karcher, and if the carpet gets too wet I vax it dry .... But not everyone has a wet and dry vaccume cleaner.

Scalem

bulldogs7,

mate the carpet is glued to the deck so you wont be able to move it, Its easy to clean, I have no stains in mine after 3 years, we even bled a big dolly in the back one day as we couldnt fit its head in the plastic bucket.

Definately worth going to have a look at the yalta as they have a big deck area in the back, we fish 4 blokes in mine with the esky and the storage bin in clipped in the back.

Give me a yell if you are interested in having a look, in the redlands area.

Regards
    HOnda.

Scott
    Bulldogs . I am selling my 535 Allrounder if you are interested . I did have it advertised on here ( not sure if it was you who called about it ) but price is negotiable . If you want details let me know . Mick .

Hi All,

well just about to stitch the DEAL UP and wait for it Steve MT then tells me the quote he said hed honor on fri now he wont!

Gota love that

stay tuned

Scott

Sorry gents had to delate emails just incase it breaches confidentiality

Now i have to decide if i should deal with them i was looking forward to joining the YALTA CLUB!!!!!

hi bulldogs7, i am thinking of a yalta craft 555 aswell, is 115hp under powered? Are the guys at marine tune ok to deal with? and what did u get and for what price or is that last email the best quote? Thanks for your help or anyone who wants to answer.

Huski

Mate the 115 from what i have been told is a great match i talked to the boat builder today great bloke and he said its ok
    .As far as MT being good to deal with Mark is a good bloke upfront honest cant say the same abour Steve read my email .I was about to buy a boat on fri but they have said now that the quote they said theyd honour they wont .
    I highly pissed off at the moment with MT so be careful !
    I have never heard someone saying they would honour a quote then backtrack on it but what do you do theres only 1 dealer in brisbane maybe i will wait for boatshow and buy something different

scott

Bulldog7, I am not really going to comment on your deal, that is an individual negotiation but the price they are offering is still slightly better than I paid when I picked up the week before Christmas so I would't be too annoyed with it. I understand your frustration though if you thought you were locked into a different price.
    As for the clip in carpet questions, I don't know if they have changed the way they are doing it but my carpet is clip in and I have pulled it out. A nice flat fibreglass floor is left and I have put down the same mats as SCALEM for comfort. It means I can hose the whole boat and and it is dry a few minutes later in the son. If I am going for a cruise with the family I can just clip the carpet back in but I actually think I will never put it back in and just keep it for re-sale it will look brand new. Don't let your frustration get in the way of a good boat. Good luck
    Last edited by Tritto; 21-01-2010 at 06:49 PM. Reason: Correction of information

my comments on the situation:
    1. I hope you have their permission to reproduce their emails on here.
    2. A quotation is an offer to sell..nothing binding until a contract is signed. If you accepted every quote you were given you would never buy anything. A verbal quote is the same as one in writing..we all get them when buying a car or boat then want to beat the salesman down on his quote. Cannot have it both ways. It appears it is negotiation time for you..if you don't like their deal or anything else about them then move on. It appears there are lots of others here that are happy with the dealer and their boats.

Bulldogs7,

In the other post you put up I responded on my opinions of MT, which are all good BTW.

Scalem and SgBFish, have the 115 4- on the back of their boats and can give you a run down on the performance of that engine on the back of the boat.

I have a suzi 140 on the back of mine and there a few around with the yam 150's.

there was a thread late last year around the performance and economy of all the engines on the same hull, was an interesting read.

Mate if you can afford it, get rid of the brooker trailer as well and buy the drive on dunbier. 3 years in and mine has some surface rust already and I wash the boat and trailer religously.

Hope it works out for you, I did my deal with Mark and found him to be easy going and a straight shooter.

Regards
    HOnda.

Honda

thanks mate yeh mark seems like a good bloke and i will call him tomorrow either way he has been good helping me out,this all happened when someone else got involved shit happens hey
    anyway

thanks again

scott

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Bulldogs7,

In the other post you put up I responded on my opinions of MT, which are all good BTW.

Scalem and SgBFish, have the 115 4- on the back of their boats and can give you a run down on the performance of that engine on the back of the boat.

I have a suzi 140 on the back of mine and there a few around with the yam 150's.

there was a thread late last year around the performance and economy of all the engines on the same hull, was an interesting read.

Mate if you can afford it, get rid of the brooker trailer as well and buy the drive on dunbier. 3 years in and mine has some surface rust already and I wash the boat and trailer religously.

Hope it works out for you, I did my deal with Mark and found him to be easy going and a straight shooter.

Regards
    HOnda.

Hi Bulldog

Can you post or pm me the price you were given as I have narrowed it down to a Yalta too but MT are the only dealers I can find that sell them new.

Anthony

Pinhead

thanks for your advise i see why you use the name pinhead,a mans word use to mean something ie when i quote a job and say i will honour something i do
    that is all i was saying
    i suppose today in our society people have lost that hey!
    anyway mate thanks for your comments

scott

Quote Originally Posted by PinHead View Post
    my comments on the situation:
    1. I hope you have their permission to reproduce their emails on here.
    2. A quotation is an offer to sell..nothing binding until a contract is signed. If you accepted every quote you were given you would never buy anything. A verbal quote is the same as one in writing..we all get them when buying a car or boat then want to beat the salesman down on his quote. Cannot have it both ways. It appears it is negotiation time for you..if you don't like their deal or anything else about them then move on. It appears there are lots of others here that are happy with the dealer and their boats.

Pinhead

thanks for your advise i see why you use the name pinhead,a mans word use to mean something ie when i quote a job and say i will honour something i do
    that is all i was saying
    i suppose today in our society people have lost that hey!
    anyway mate thanks for your comments

scott
    it is obvious why I use the name Pinead,,the pic says it all..but you don't know how or why I chose it BUT..
    a little explanation for you:
    MT has quoted you a price for you to purchase a finished product. You say you write quotes in the building game..what you are doing is tendering to do work..totally different concept. I tender a lot also and the prices change dramatically at times as the project proceeds..they are called variations. So my original tender is to carry out work and alter same as the project proceeds as the client requires various changes from the original design.
    They have quoted you a price for a finished product..not work in progress.
    I have purchased a boat which cost a lot more than any Yalta and that was done on a handshake...that was after receiving an original quotation and the negotiation which followed..and that was what I was telling you to do..negotiate.
    Surely you never have variations in any of your works ????