Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: Yalta Owners Club-aka-Roll Call

Re: Yalta Owners Club-aka-Roll Call

Quote Originally Posted by four_button_arnie View Post
    Hey FINICKY, that floor looks pretty smicky duck mate, did you scrape all the glue off the floor? Ahhh I see you still got those bloody toe kickers tabs for the removable boxes in, kicked my toe once, out they came lol.

Cheers
    I really should take them out.
    I never use the boxes but for some reason they are still on the floor.
    My carpet was never fixed to the floor. It has been a removable item since new. 8 push on clips and it’s in or out. Great for cleaning blood out of it and letting the boat and carpet dry out properly as I can hang it on the line.
    It’s 10 years old this year so it’s pretty thin and flat. I was looking to replace it with a modern non slip floor covering or the cheaper option is new carpet. I’ll see what the bank says at the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi finicky
    the eskies are standard icey tek stock there 160 ltr not 150 like i originally posted. Really happy with them i paid $550. would buy them again in a heart beat.

http://www.iceytek.com.au/160l-long-ice-box-cooler

This is what we call our Mini Mackerel icebox, although the you will easily fit a 15kg mackerel or jewfish laid flat on the floor and even 20 kg fish will fit easily with a slight curl. I have had 38kg yellowfin tuna in this box comfortably.Popular with fishermen who target both pelagic and reef fish as there is plenty of storage space in here or you can even put a small container or tub inside the box for your food and drinks whilst keeping them separate from the fish inside.
    Each 160L ice box is fitted with 4 Heavy Duty Injection Moulded Hinges, which stop just past 90 degrees. These are strong and prevent having rope inside the box to stop the lids from flipping back.
    Our 160 litre boxes are made with a split lid for ease of opening. This means that there is a split in the middle of the lid, to allow you to open only half of the lid if needed, but also the ability to open the entire lid. The split has an extra rubber seal to maintain the cold temperature inside.
    Length - 1290mm
    Height - 525mm
    Width - 530mm
    Weight - 22kg
    Internal Dimensions
    Length - 1125mm
    Height - 380mm
    Width - 390mm
    Lid height when open - 1055 mm

Can I ask a question of you Yalta owners please? Looking at a couple of early 2000s boats, one a Yalta 535 and one a Savage Tasman 5.2, what are your thoughts on the ride and stability comparison? Looking for the best compromise. Thanks

Hey there fellow Yalta lovers!

Just a quick update on 'Bimini Twist'. Following the reports of the boat off Mackay sinking due to a potential transom failure (not a Yalta BTW) and the potential for Club Marine not to warrant a transom failure I began to do some looking on my boat. A few things concerned me, firstly at the bottom of the transom, where the bung hole has been cut out there is exposed wood. I have been aware of this for some time but never really gave it much though, but following a recent trip I noted that the wood appeared 'wet'. I got the Dremel out and cleaned up the remaining flowcoat that had mostly peeled off, the wood was very hard and did not appear to be water logged or rotten. I was going to just whack on a resin/acetone mix to seal her up but then I noticed 'rust stains' running down from the two lower motor mount bolts. I pulled the starboard side out and saw the hole was not sealed at all. So when out at sea, water had presumably been wicking from the outside of the transom into the bilge area. The wood was hard, but appeared a bit powdery which concerned me somewhat.

I spoke with George of Yalta and he said he would have used Ru-ply in the construction of the transom and that it should be rot resistant. I thought it best to send the boat to a shipwright for a transom assessment and to either seal up the holes (low cost job) or replace my rotten transom (minimum $3500 sort of territory). Thankfully it came back the transom was strong as an ox but all the motor bolt holes were not sealed. The shipwright then sealed the exposed wood in the bilge area and the motor bolt holes.

Sooo all ends well but it might be worth a quick look at the bottom of your bilge and your motor mounting bolt holes and seal them up to prevent any future issues.

LOVE LIVE THE YALTA!!!!!!!

Cheers!
    Yalta Craft 555HC, "BIMINI TWIST", home port Gladstone
    Member of the Yalta Craft Appreciation Society

Four button arnie, not a yalta but my smaller 4.5m boat had some really poor work done to it one of the previous owners thought it would be brilliant to add a sink and all other crap they drilled holes in the transom and screwed accessories over loose screws in holes i took the boat out 3 times now it sots in my front yard with a rotted transom its still solid but i removed all the screws about 10 and drilled them larger for a fresh clean hole a good 8 were wet including both bung holes but the plywood was still solid but that is just false economy ideally she needs to be replaced

Sent from my SM-G900I using Ausfish mobile app

Quote Originally Posted by four_button_arnie View Post
    Hey there fellow Yalta lovers!

Just a quick update on 'Bimini Twist'. Following the reports of the boat off Mackay sinking due to a potential transom failure (not a Yalta BTW) and the potential for Club Marine not to warrant a transom failure I began to do some looking on my boat. A few things concerned me, firstly at the bottom of the transom, where the bung hole has been cut out there is exposed wood. I have been aware of this for some time but never really gave it much though, but following a recent trip I noted that the wood appeared 'wet'. I got the Dremel out and cleaned up the remaining flowcoat that had mostly peeled off, the wood was very hard and did not appear to be water logged or rotten. I was going to just whack on a resin/acetone mix to seal her up but then I noticed 'rust stains' running down from the two lower motor mount bolts. I pulled the starboard side out and saw the hole was not sealed at all. So when out at sea, water had presumably been wicking from the outside of the transom into the bilge area. The wood was hard, but appeared a bit powdery which concerned me somewhat.

I spoke with George of Yalta and he said he would have used Ru-ply in the construction of the transom and that it should be rot resistant. I thought it best to send the boat to a shipwright for a transom assessment and to either seal up the holes (low cost job) or replace my rotten transom (minimum $3500 sort of territory). Thankfully it came back the transom was strong as an ox but all the motor bolt holes were not sealed. The shipwright then sealed the exposed wood in the bilge area and the motor bolt holes.

Sooo all ends well but it might be worth a quick look at the bottom of your bilge and your motor mounting bolt holes and seal them up to prevent any future issues.

LOVE LIVE THE YALTA!!!!!!!

Cheers!
    Hey Josh, how's things mate? Another place to check is the boarding platform where the ladder is installed. Those holes on mine weren't sealed either.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

Gazza, thats rough mate, drilling holes everywhere is not the greatest idea hey!

Hey Ozy, yer mate, just tuning up the Yalta a bit lol. Pretty sure I sealed those boarding platform holes myself with sika quite a few years ago, I might pull them out and double check!

Cheers.
    Yalta Craft 555HC, "BIMINI TWIST", home port Gladstone
    Member of the Yalta Craft Appreciation Society

A mate has an 80's 189 Odessa and is looking for a new dual axle alloy trailer to sit her on.. any suggestions? Is the older 189 5.3m or 5.6?
    Cheers.
    Kids who Hunt and Fish, Don't Deal and Steal.