Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast

Thread: Yalta Owners Club-aka-Roll Call

Re: Yalta Owners Club-aka-Roll Call

Thanks ozy,
    I was very close to get the 175 mind you the 150 is doing the job fine at the moment, I do need tabs though which I am sorting at the moment, the seat boxes are insulated one is a 90L and the helm is a 45L with storage under the seat, best investment I did I got the from boatbox
    Cheers
    Brett

Nice mate. I like those boat box designs. Enjoy.
    Remember to always log on before heading offshore.

To the guys with Yaltas. What sort of economy would this get?

http://www.boatpoint.com.au/boats-fo...&Ridx=0&eapi=2

Not sure mate but for comparison I did 180km approx on the weekend in mine (same size) and used almost 150lts. That averaged out at about 1.2km/l which for a carbie 2 stroke with 3 blokes, eskies, and extra 40lts fuel, tackle etc on board was outstanding. Not sure what the fuel use on those is like but the other DI 2 strokes have very good figures so I would guess at least 1.6 to 1.8km/lt. A 115 4 stroke gets around 2km/l on that hull.

Quote Originally Posted by jclay1773 View Post

Don't exactly know but Bill Cortens 625 cruise craft with a 150 hpdi, used 80 litres for the bar crossing course for a day with 4 blokes and a full tank. we didn't do a lot of Km's but we were on and off the throttle heavily, I am guessing in the 1.6 -1.8 k/L range. others may have better figures.

Regards
    Honda.

Thanks for the replies. How does the 115 4 stroke go. I would have thought it would be underpowered once a few blokes, fishing gear etc were loaded. I have been reading this whole thread for info

the lump has one with the 115 4 stroke mate, check with him via PM and he should be able to give you more info.

Quote Originally Posted by honda900 View Post
    Don't exactly know but Bill Cortens 625 cruise craft with a
    150 ......
    Regards
    Honda.
    Honda Isn't Bills a 250hp??

The lump and my boat are both powered by the 115 4s and the only thing missing for me is a taller WOT where glassed out bay conditions does have me wanting another 10/15 kph faster. But you only get those good days once in a blue moon. The easy cruise speed of 47 to 50 kph is too fast offshore if there is any slop around and all other expectations such as hole shot and reserve power at the bar is there when you need it. This motor is well suited to our 555 hc
    Scalem

To add to scalems post the F115 is not a bad match although I would like a bit more punch at times. But I like going fast. Economy wise you can get 2km/l out of it on a good day but average around the 1.8 km/l. Last weekend I did around 160km for the day and used 88 litres. That was with 3 blokes and gear and sitting on 5000rpm all day with glassed out conditions offshore. I have also done 1770 with 3 big blokes a lot of gear and ice etc for around 1.7km/l again sitting on 5000rpm all day. Honda900 had one with a Suzy 140 which had a bit more poke. I also reckon and Opti135 would be a good match for this hull. That 150HPDI would fly!!!!

Thanks for the reply I really appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Scalem View Post
    Honda Isn't Bills a 250hp??

The lump and my boat are both powered by the 115 4s and the only thing missing for me is a taller WOT where glassed out bay conditions does have me wanting another 10/15 kph faster. But you only get those good days once in a blue moon. The easy cruise speed of 47 to 50 kph is too fast offshore if there is any slop around and all other expectations such as hole shot and reserve power at the bar is there when you need it. This motor is well suited to our 555 hc
    Scalem
    Brian,

his earlier boat, it was a 625 outsider, not the 685 explorer.

Regards
    Honda

Quote Originally Posted by jclay1773 View Post

I haven't followed Yalta pricing for a while but based on when I last looked this would seem to be a steal. Am I missing something?

The interesting thing with this one is there is no year of manufacture listed so it makes it hard to work out the pricing. It looks to be mid 2000's but you would have to call Yalta and quote the HIN and see what they say. If it is in that age range it seems to be very well priced.

ozy its a 2005 model.

I rang up about the boat today but it sold yesterday

I had guessed it was going on the HIN but wasn't sure. Not surprised that it sold at that price. Good value.