Thread: Insight on Murphy's ATM please

Insight on Murphy's ATM please

Hi guys,

A couple of times a year an old mate of mine asks me if I would like to head out of Moolooaba with him for a fish. He has a few good marks that we usually visit about 3 mile out, sometimes we venture down to the 12 mile or out to the 50mtr mark if the weather permits.

What I would like of this post is some information (you can PM me if you wish) on what is around out there atm, what plastics they are hitting and a depth / area where the better fish may be holding up? I don't want your special marks just an idea on where to target some nice fish

I have had a shocker on the snapper this winter (one at 36cms ). so if someone could put us onto a few decent sized Snaps I would be very very happy!!!!

Cheers
    Brandon...

Re: Insight on Murphy's ATM please

was out that way bout 4 weeks ago mate and the gulp 5" in pink shine was the no1 plac acounting for some nice 60cm ish snapps and the odd yellow tail rat kingy which are awsome fun on the light gear. try fishing a fluro leader around the 12lb mark a bit light but i find more hits that way. and if you find there are some kingy's around try lobbin the plac out let it sink then retrieve it sort of like a slug but throw in a constant jerk aswell. they'll jump all over it!
    cheers JAYVEE

Re: Insight on Murphy's ATM please

That's the kind of info I need cheers Jayvee!!! I don't know if I will drop to 12lb leader though If I'm not getting any touches and the sounder is alive I will consider it

Off to get some pink shine gulp's to go with my pearl snapbacks

Cheers
    Brandon...