Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Show us your DAM Barra!

Show us your DAM Barra!

Comon guys,

Show us you biggest... or sizeable Impoundment Barra.

Re: Show us your DAM Barra!

Here's my fat PB of 114cm (estimated at 23kgs) from Monduran October 2007......

My one and only impoundment barra, first trip targetting one too...

Monduran Sept 14th 2008, 98cms. Best part of two days fishing to find one though.

Geez Peter4, that thing is a HORSE! Giddy up!! Great fish mate.
    simon

The ocean is the ultimate solution - Frank Zappa

http://s428.photobucket.com/albums/qq9/slyman71/

Pete, nice fish mate.

If you want to see a big girl, Steve B might put up Homer, foxie's got a pic of an absolute horse as well, all from Mondy

This one went 118 on the mat, my biggest, but not my best, if you know what I mean

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Pete, nice fish mate.

If you want to see a big girl, Steve B might put up Homer, foxie's got a pic of an absolute horse as well, all from Mondy

This one went 118 on the mat, my biggest, but not my best, if you know what I mean
    Farout how did u get taht thing into the boat?
    massive environet?
    "True Blue"

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Pete, nice fish mate.

Know exactly what you mean Brian - my 'best' fish was a rocket-powered 92cm beastie that took a long time to land and included 6 or 7 aerial displays and backing around some timber to 'unknit' it! Just would not give up!

The 114 went OK though........

BTW I knew the pic of your fat butt ugly 118 would appear on this post!

No offence........

this one went 99cm

bron

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Know exactly what you mean Brian - my 'best' fish was a rocket-powered 92cm beastie that took a long time to land and included 6 or 7 aerial displays and backing around some timber to 'unknit' it! Just would not give up!

The 114 went OK though........

BTW I knew the pic of your fat butt ugly 118 would appear on this post!

No offence........
    no offence taken mate

Arent those 90+ fish just scrappers though mate, big enough to be more than a handfull, straighten hooks or splits, rub off leaders, but still at a size/weight where they dont knock up so quick.
    Meteries are gold, but for sheer entertainment a 90 going ballistic is hard to beat IMHO.

cheers
    brian

You're spot on Brian.

Now that I have a metery and a decent PB I'd much prefer a session with two or three 90+ fish that will challenge my abilities, try and knit me up in the timber and give me one or two aerials (without throwing the hooks!).

Having said that I'm now seeing reports of 'slimmer' bigger girls that are putting up great fights..........

I think your 118 and my 114 pulled hard but were simply too fat and tired relatively quickly.

Pete

Nice fish boys, Brian that big girl has been eating all the donuts left up there. None, zero, zilch, nada pics for me to post but only 22 sleeps to go and hopefully I will change that. Cheers, Pete.

Geez there horses Peter4 and BR !

Mines only 74cm and it was caught at a farm in 06 and i cant find the piccy anymore.

Cam
    Australian Native Fish Vids
    Specialize in Terapontida's, Perches, Cods, Gobies & Gudgeons

My New PB 115cm caught at Mondy on 17th Sept 2008. She was heavier than Roo's PB 117cm. You have it bang on Pete, the 90's don't give an inch, not to mention the aerial displays!! Can't wait to get back there!!
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Well done Kim - caught on my birthday too!

I knew you were good luck Pete!! You were there in spirit!!
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

This is one of three 90, 111 and this girl at 119.5cm, that we caught at Monduran on Easter Sunday this year, up the top end. Over 600 in the park. But nice and quite up where we were.

Only two and half weeks till the next trip.

Apologise for the photo, but was a little buggered and so was the fish at this stage. 17mins to the boat side and then the netter caught the lure in the lip of the net. A bit of panic and a set of grips and comfort lift. Measure quick photo and back over the side.

All caught within a hour period, but after the first two left the area to quieten for awhile and got the big girl on the first cast back into the timbers, in about 1.5 to 2m of water.

We waited around for time and checked to see ok, even returned the next day, after dropping of a couple of followers, to check the area again. But they had gone quite with a little wind change.

Regards

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.