Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Show us your DAM Barra!

Re: Show us your DAM Barra!

here are a few of mine none from any common dams
    All from around hervey bay and all caught on max 20lb line but most on 6lb all on 110mm squidgy fish rigged with weedless hook except the last one it was caught on a mad mullet
    p.s not even sure what pics im putting up have a whole file full just adding a few

i agree with you brian the 90 cm ones are great fun that is for sure and my best i reckon was the 93 cm i caught a I it took me a good while to get her in jumping in the trees and snagging me twice and stripping all of my line i but 2 winds around the reel but i finally got her in . Anyway of course my biggest is the 117cm caught on the sweetwater meet and great weekend with a stuffed back i had to get tropicaltrout to lift her into the boat as i had no strenght in my back left to be able too

fish of the weekend if I recall correctly Simon??

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    fish of the weekend if I recall correctly Simon??
    yes it was i reckon the one i hooked the next morning was even bigger as when she launched for the second time out off the water and belly flop she was a monster and knew what she need ed to doto get rid of the lure in her gob
    man there awsome bring on novemeber

Young fella got this thumper at Peter Faust Dam back in 2005. His First Barra ever, came in at 116cm 22.5kg and best fighting barra I ever saw. Not a bad way to open up your Barra account. Followed it up 12months later with a 108cm 18kg Barra at Tinaroo Dam...
    Fillet and Release Squad

Hi all,

this is my first ever Barra, she went 108cm and was caught and released at Teemburra Dam.

Cheers,

Jamie

How long ago Jamie?

Guys, here is Homer J and a mate from may this year.Attachment 37937

Attachment 37938

Attachment 37939

[ATTACH]sum[/ATTACH]

cheers Steve

Homer was 121cm (about 35kg)
    The skinnier one was 125cm about 30kgs or so

Great fish Steve - how was your back feeling afterwards?!

Damn Id forgotten how bloody big Homer was, that is a BIG barra Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Peter4 View Post
    Great fish Steve - how was your back feeling afterwards?!

back was OK,...nerves were shot. both times fishing solo, both times with a busted electric motor...

125cm was in open water and the electric broke a cable mid fight...I basically drifted ashore and landed it there after some colourful language.

121cm Homer was in heavy timber with the since repaired electric driving in the opposite direction to the steering......that is difficult to do when your trying to concentrate on the fish too!!! more colourful language.!! but I got there. Two of the happiest days on the water for me.

thanks fellas Steve

Hey Stevo - thats a great picture - you still keen for Dec mate? If so, I hope that electric motor of yours is fixed by then. I'll shoot you a PM in first week of Dec to see what your up too. Have some holidays around then. Cheers mate, Darren.

Some nice fish in there guys & girls. Brians & Steves both look like they have swallowed a Keg.
    Gotta agree with the general consensus that the 90s go the best .... with lots of air , speed , power & much more stamina ........ Mind you .... To date - I've blown every big barra that I've hooked ..... so I'm inching my way along the PB scale ...... 1cm at a time

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Mates 120 caught casting the sticks in Barra Alley last week end, nice way to pop ya barra cherry

This ones from last week end as well, 101 on the truth mat, on 20 braid, 60 leader and a Daiwa Caldia Kix 3000 and Dropshot spin stick, 110mm Bleedin Mullet Squidgy did the trick.