Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: Nagg wins The inagural Mondy Muster Mikooh award

Nagg wins The inagural Mondy Muster Mikooh award

Ok guys n girls,

As everyone has returned from thr Muster now (I think) It is time to decide who will take home the coveted "Mikooh" award for bad luck....

From the reports so far I think we are down to 4 serious contenders:

Darylive (Daryl) For having no luck at all (His report nealy made me cry ....well almost)

Nagg (Chris) For trying every way possible to wreck his car & boat... and cause himself serious harm ... while off the water.

Mighty Whitey For having to contend with Nagg's antics over the week.

Black sheep (Navi) For throwing away Vins favorite combo..and then trying to claim him as a PB.

Voting will only be open to Mondy Muster attendee's... to keep it fair..And the winner will be anounced as soon as everyone has had their say!
    So post your votes in this thread and ill keep a tally

If anyone else is in serious contention...Please let me know so they can be added to the list.

Mick

Edit: As a few have voted for both Nagg & MW, I will allocate half a vote to each of them, just to keep a level playing field..I'm sure they will share them..if they win..
    Last edited by mikooh; 29-09-2008 at 06:20 PM. Reason: winner anounced!!

Re: The inagural Mondy Muster Mikooh award

Talk about fierce competition between these two blokes!

It's a very tough call although my vote goes to NAGG (by a Monkeys whisker!)

And good on you Mick for donating the prize!

Cheers
    Tony

I trawled through the MM post (back to page 60...geez!!) and found the attendance list:

Updated attendance list
    Friday to Sunday - Whitto, TropicalTrout, Nipsta, Deano68, Callop, Stiffworm
    Friday to Tuesday - Nagg, MightyWhitey
    Saturday to Monday - FinFinder, Navi, Vin, Ben, Big_Ren
    Sunday to Friday - Roo, The Missus, Chewy01
    Blowins - SteveB, Foxie, Obi-wan, Seeking barradise, Darylive

(But I notice that TonyM is not on it, so there could be other omissions)

These are the eligable voters- ill mark them off as the votes come in

Mick

Running Tally

Darylive:4.5
    Nagg:8.5
    Mighty Whitey: 2.5
    Black sheep:0

Mick

My vote......Nagg and Mighty Whitey as joint winners by a long stretch (Mondy to Sydney).......not that they need any lucky lures

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Mick, good stuff mate, great to see the mateship flowing and growing, i won't miss out next time!

Now on your list of attendee's, i think you have missed Lyndon (Seekingbarradise).

And Blowin's, what about me????? I dropped in on Friday, said g'day to Nagg and Whitey, also meet Whitto and his lad, just missed Nipsta and mate who had gone fishing. Was there for about an hour, no drama's if you consider i wasn't there long enough.

Cheers,
    John.

my vote will go to nagg even if i didnt get to catch up i can feel your pain in the 16 hr drive gazza

Quote Originally Posted by Obi _ Wan View Post
    Mick, good stuff mate, great to see the mateship flowing and growing, i won't miss out next time!

Now on your list of attendee's, i think you have missed Lyndon (Seekingbarradise).

And Blowin's, what about me????? I dropped in on Friday, said g'day to Nagg and Whitey, also meet Whitto and his lad, just missed Nipsta and mate who had gone fishing. Was there for about an hour, no drama's if you consider i wasn't there long enough.

Cheers,
    John.
    John, If you were there then you get to vote. I have added you and Lyndon to the list.

Thanks

Mick

Red face Re hopeless cockroaches

For what it is worth Nagg and Whitey get my vote. Split it .

Wholey crap my weekend was Disarster the ultra sound did show a tear in my arm but fair dinkum you blokes win.

My only concern is how much trouble you could get in with all those trebles. For Fox sake be care ful!
    Last edited by darylive; 24-09-2008 at 12:20 PM. Reason: title

My vote would have to be Nagg.

We did have an incident - Vin had just gotten over the loss of a combo overboard back in January after a barra hit him at the boat. He consequently went duck diving to no avail .

On Sunday, I managed to cast another one of his combos straight in the drink . Still showing emotional scares from his last loss, Vin had no hesitations whatsoever in jumping in again. I just watched it sink . I did think I hooked it with my lure but that turned out to be Vins leg .

However, after a solid hour of duck diving, Vin eventually snagged the blank with his toes and recovered his Wheezer stick and Luna. In all the commotion and frenzy, Vin did manage to lose his tidal/moon watch overboard - Big Ren and Ben made sure he was reminded of it by asking him the time every hour.

To Vins credit, he did take it pretty well!!

I won't go into Paul's orchestral efforts on Sunday nite that would have made a skunk dry reach nor will I go into his encore performance .

Navi

I was tuning my lures and perhaps, just perhaps, I overtuned them A little trouser cough never hurt anyone you know Thought for just one moment I was a Hawthorn supporter

Lol....great effort again with Vin's combo.....don't know how you do it. The Rod Abuser has struck again.......it's more economical doing it with someone else's gear isn't it mate Remember mate, you only have to strike hard after the lure hits the water, not before you even cast.

Very controlled response mate! That’s the diplomatic journo coming out in ya.

As for Vin, he was surprisingly calm about the whole thing, even after being in the drink for an hour. Pretty close to 5pm so it would have been a bit refreshing. I also forgot to mention that when I was doing figure 8’s with my rod trying to snag his combo, I accidentally hooked him in the leg – does that mean I got off my donut with a 180cm .

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post

As for Vin, he was surprisingly calm about the whole thing, even after being in the drink for an hour. Pretty close to 5pm so it would have been a bit refreshing. I also forgot to mention that when I was doing figure 8’s with my rod trying to snag his combo, I accidentally hooked him in the leg – does that mean I got off my donut with a 180cm .

Now this is what I call a double act

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Red face Re: The inagural Mondy Muster Mikooh award

Seems to me the Nagg adventure is just what the Hard luck award is about.

Trying to take the edge off unforeseen problems that come up regardless of all the good planning put in. Some minor compensation for unexpected expenses and recognition from your mates for the hassles you had.

Or more so because all enjoy a good laugh at some ones else s expense and can thank god it was not us; because we are not in a position to do any more we all get some satisfaction in thinking we may have made some contribution to make you feel better.

We all know Nagg was the initiator of the Muster and had been planning the trip for longer than any of us. This together with his vast experience in planning fishing expeditions goes to prove despite planning, experience and attention to detail S#it happens.

Detail, what detail? How the hell did the bloody winch bar become detached. Perhaps we should be looking at getting you a bloody spanner mate. I nominate NAGG for handing out the spanner award next year for the bloke who has to admit "I prolly should have looked at that"

It is good to hear you had a great trip besides all the dramas and it makes the whole thing more interesting for the rest of us to hear what could have happened. I feel much better now. I haven't got the bill from the auto electrician yet but at least my little rig came back in one piece.

It makes you realise no matter how bad things are they can always get worse.
    Last edited by darylive; 24-09-2008 at 03:41 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by black_sheep View Post

Yes thanks Nav......

Ben, Steve B and I thought it was quite amusing to see poor old Vin in the water fully clothed desperately duck-diving for his invaluable Wheezer combo.

What was even more ironic was seeing you having a stretch and a big yawn in the boat with your shirt off trying to catch a tan (not that you need one ) and you were the guilty one who caused all this to happen I think we all said to one another (after we found out what had happened): Is there something really strange about this picture???

Cheers
    Paul

Lightbulb Re: The inagural Mondy Muster Mikooh award

WHEN THE GOING GETS TOUGH
    THE TOUGH GO FISHING!

You have to be tough to survive our bloody fishing trips!

PMSL

Just give it to NAGG