Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monduran On Fire

Monduran On Fire

Well it finally happened Monduran has really fired up this week but only at night and only up the top of the lake past B. I have seen photos of catches of 15 Barra between 2 anglers in 4 hours from dusk to about 9pm plus heaps of other reports. Steveb and Spud managed 5 on Tuesday Night Went up last night in 20 knot southeastly winds and managed to catch my first barra on spin gear and soft plastic a 115cm girl. No photo but Roo & Kim who were fishing near by witnessed me catching it. I thought I did well but Roo had 117cm and Kim a 115cm as well plus a few more.

Cheers Foxie

Re: Monduran On Fire

Great stuff Foxie.....the big girls waited for us to leave obviously before they decided to crunch some lures Awesome work also to Roo and Kim.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

OK Foxie, rub it in go on.......... Awesome mate, thanks for the report, hope you r reporting like this in a months time, I will be bashing down the shop door on the 18th.
    God Roo and Kim are going to be unbearable when they get back Sounds like they r having a hoot.
    Spin gear hey, care to elaberate.............Cheers, Pete.........How many sleeps Pete4?

Woohoo! thanks Foxie, that some very nice fish!

Wow Roo and Kim must be ecstatic, it's great to hear the long trip up has paid off for them.

Congratulations on the new first, I stupidly left my spin outfit at home last weekend, not so next time!

Seems to be a pattern here re at night, sounds a bit like what happened at Awoonga based on the reports.

Cheers
    Tony

Yea Kim said something like NOW THAT'S F#*#+#G BARRA FISHING I think she wants to move up here Now!

Cheers Foxie

Quote Originally Posted by Magella View Post
    Yea Kim said something like NOW THAT'S F#*#+#G BARRA FISHING I think she wants to move up here Now!

Cheers Foxie
    Good to see there getin into them,might get back up in november, but most prob january hopefuly for a week......will be driving past tomorrow morning on route to airlie, might stop off for a pie, and say hi...
    deano...

Well it finally happened Monduran has really fired up this week but only at night and only up the top of the lake past B. I have seen photos of catches of 15 Barra between 2 anglers in 4 hours from dusk to about 9pm plus heaps of other reports. Steveb and Spud managed 5 on Tuesday Night Went up last night in 20 knot southeastly winds and managed to catch my first barra on spin gear and soft plastic a 115cm girl. No photo but Roo & Kim who were fishing near by witnessed me catching it. I thought I did well but Roo had 117cm and Kim a 115cm as well plus a few more.

Cheers Foxie
    Well done John......all it took for a couple of days of heat and their firing up......Roo and especially Kim are going to be impossible...pleased they have got into them it would have been along trip home Barraless.....see u soon Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Good report but why wasn't it like that last weekend

Like I said to Steve B mate....

YOU SUCK!!!!! and so does Lake Misery.

see you in November

Thanks for that Foxie.

Was good to meet you and Jackie last week, will be in again soon.

Cheers,
    John.

good report foxie, congrats on the fish to all. Who'd have thought that barra would feed at night on a full moon. Awoonga has been tough apparently, sounds like monduranis the go. Keep up the good work, scott.

Nice one Foxie, 115 is a great fish, thanks for the heads up, and new PB,s for Roo and Kim, thats gold

Quote Originally Posted by vet View Post
    good report foxie, congrats on the fish to all. Who'd have thought that barra would feed at night on a full moon. Awoonga has been tough apparently, sounds like monduranis the go. Keep up the good work, scott.
    Scott, if your results at Awoonga last weekend were tough you must get bloody exhausted when it's firing up there

Congrats again to you guys for an awesome result - the stuff dreams are made of.

Cheers
    Tony

Foxie,
    I shared a boat all day with that mad fishing South African man, Roderick, today and he filled me in with a few good yarns about he and his mate's fruitfull sessions on Monduran this week. He is a very good angler, smart, thorough and extremely effective. 10-15 barra in a session on hard and soft body lures, not just a one off catch either.
    Sounds like your big pond is burning up. Great to see both lakes in similar modes.
    Cheers,
    Johnny

Cheers Foxie
    I'm sure I wouldn't have sworn Foxie (thank goodness we don't have a swear jar)

Thursday night was pretty good too, got one each, I dropped 3 Roo dropped 1.
    We'll try not to be too unbearable
    Cheers Kim.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'