Thread: Small blade filleting knife

Small blade filleting knife

Can anyone recommend a small blade fillet knife for small fish such as whiting. Looking at no more than 6 inches in length and nice flex in the blade.

Thanks
    Classic Catches:
    Flathead 25cm
    Bream 22cm
    Gumboot size 9
    Seaweed 3 kgs
    Berley Cage 2 kgs
    My own hat
    A shell, about 15cm diameter
    Anchor rope, about 5 times.

Re: Small blade filleting knife

Ive gopt a couple of Whilshire fine filletting knives for the whiting. Hard as to get an edge onto but they hold that edge for a very long time.
    Jack.

Buck make some nice knives, you pay a bit for them but they're worth it, not sure what size for whiting though..

http://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html/_W...sid=m270.l1313

Quote Originally Posted by Justin Rossiter View Post
    Can anyone recommend a small blade fillet knife for small fish such as whiting. Looking at no more than 6 inches in length and nice flex in the blade.

Thanks

do you know anyone who works in meatworks....once they are too thin for boning, ie they will snap, they also become too dangerous to use for boning..... im still using couple of my old boning knives from back in 98 when my work closed down to fillet whiting

Another option may be the Victorinox knives. I've been using them for the past 15 years and can't fault then. Tried a few other quality ones (presents) but always gone back to the Victorinoxs. Just my personal preference.