Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does reel size mean?

Re: What does reel size mean?

I just thoughtit's the percentage of mark up they put on them. Would'nt be far from the truth.

Dave.
    Avast ye matey!

I may be a bit old fashioned when it comes to quantifying a size...

Rather than a number system I'd much prefer to judge by the "feel" of a reel (or jublie,for that matter )....

However, there is an element of risk involved here (particularly when it comes to jublies) .....

A word of warning,though.....always ask before you cop a "feel"....

I have to agree wit Jeremy as this is what I have found out but only when
    it comes to over heads. Dont know about when it comes to spin reels.
    I just buy the ne that suits me / my set up the best.

Aj

Is Steve going to set up a special Jubilie Reports section

Don't forget the photos as many will not believe the size of your catch without the evidence

Does anyone know the bag limit on Jubilies?
    A Proud Member of
    "The Rebel Alliance"

There is a limit of two Jublies per person per day.

If a permit is obtained you may take up to six.

10 per boat per day for boats 5mtrs and above.

NOTE:You may not take more than 1 species of Jublie per day without a permit or the Jublie gods get very angry and it may be a long time before you catch your next.

Now that the cat is out of the bag on the Jublies i suppose its gonna be like Mud Island on a saturday arvo where everone thinks Jublies are a "free for all".

I think we should contact the EPA to protect Jublies and maybe set up some "green" zones. (for lack of a better word.........or color)

LMFAO

Quote Originally Posted by zigfreed View Post
    I think we should contact the EPA to protect Jublies and maybe set up some "green" zones. (for lack of a better word.........or color)

LMFAO
    Pink Zones?

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

I take no notice of the size of reel when buying a set up. I look at what I want to target, decide on drag required and line weight/cap required and search from there. After the real is found I look for the right rod to match it with by feel.

As for jublies....... (i feel a warning comming on) its the opposite I look at the size and if thats right I try to get a feel of the rest.......um I mean.......dig dig dig dig.

Cheers

Chris
    Democracy: Simply a system that allows the 51% to steal from the other 49%.

I don't know much about the sizes of spinning reels. but i know with the alveys, the number corresponds to the spool model. Ie. a 600 is a 6. inch standard spool. A 60 is a 6 inch narrow spool. and a 651 is a 6.5 inch deep spool. the letters after the numbers represent the backplate style/ drag. in some older models, there is also another number following the letters. Ie 650 A5, a represents a plain reel with ss back, and the 5 denotes fibreglass spool. (1 would denote bakelite).

Otherwise with spinners. i think each manufacturer would use different numbers purely for advertising purposes.

Owen

I read this thread when I got home and it was funny........ now I have read it later in the night, after some refreshments and it has become bloody hilarious.......so is the size of your rod and reel proportional to your wife's Jublies or on the number of ales you've had? or are the size of your wifes jublies dependent on the number of ales you've had?.................I feel better for having a good laugh, good night all, I'm outta here,
    Cheers Garry

A bad day fishing, beats a good day at work!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think it is how many RPM it can take

eg. say a stella 2000 cuz its a smaller reel i cant handle as much
    whereas the stella 20000 an handle lots of punishment cuz its a larger reel
    but thats just my opinion

Nup, I don't reckon. 20,000 rpm is 5.5 revs per second. Some engines will get up that far I think, but not many...

It's how many times the reel can make the jublies wiggle when winding a certain way before it wears out.

Cheers,

Tim

Actually Tim, I think you've made a blue with your technical calculations.

20 000 RPM would give you 333.33 (recurring) RPS (revs per second).

A small point perhaps (some might say even pedantic), but one worth mentioning all the same. I don't think there's been a reel made yet or even a jublie or two that could take that sort of punishment.

TOL

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post

A small point perhaps (some might say even pedantic), but one worth mentioning all the same. I don't think there's been a reel made yet or even a jublie or two that could take that sort of punishment.

TOL
    It was late. Thankyou for publicly sharing my inadequacy! Call it the lure of the jublie!

Cheers,

Tim

Quote Originally Posted by theoldlegend View Post

TOL
    John, I see the .3 is a never ending recurring number. Thats alot for a jublie to take. A Never ending recuring jublie......................... damn............ I'd like to see that

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by zigfreed View Post
    There is a limit of two Jublies per person per day.

If a permit is obtained you may take up to six.

10 per boat per day for boats 5mtrs and above.

LMFAO
    I think it should be a bucket limit like prawns.

An old boss of mine's favourite saying was "crikey, you wouldn't fit too many of them in a bucket".