Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What does reel size mean?

Re: What does reel size mean?

Quote Originally Posted by tunaticer View Post
    Shoot me if I am wrong but I believe it is a general size bracket system devised on the bulk of the reel and the weight of the reel more than anything.

You can get say a 2000 size reel of one brand and model and it can have for arguements sake 150m of a line size capacity and another model of the same brand and still be a 2000 size reel that takes 250m. Therefore i think its all to do with creating a balanced reel for useability and giving that a bracket sizing.

Sorta like bra sizing, perfectly sized jublies on a small woman might not be the biggest she can carry but what works best when you play with them. Throw that same set on an Amazon and you might be looking at fried eggs.

Jack.

Only a fisherman could turn a thread round to breasts..........LMFAO

Mike

My wife said "leave my jublies alone!"

Jublies???

Love it!

Tim
    Carbon Really Ain't Pollution.

Sorta like bra sizing, perfectly sized jublies on a small woman might not be the biggest she can carry but what works best when you play with them. Throw that same set on an Amazon and you might be looking at fried eggs.

Jack.
    Thank god for titties...

This was a pretty boring thread till now but now that I'm interested I'd love to hear more,Jack.....

and it doesnt have to have anything to do with reels..titties(or jublies) will do fine...

The size of a reel is directly proportional to jublies. It is a mathematical formula that was developed by fishermen who consumed numerous amber drinks and therefor increased the said size via alcoholic influence. It is a well know fact that jublies = # of drinks consumed!!!
    "This space is saved for my next special catch"
    "Rainy" Haines Hunter 540C Yamaha 130 HPDI
    28lb King Salmon
    18lb Steelhead (Rainbow) Trout
    12lb Brown Trout
    6.5lb Brook Trout
    12lb Murry Cod
    6'+ Bronze Whaler Shark

I think i have just found my responce for the what other hobbies intrest you besides fishing !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! holy jublies batman

E

Now that is almost the worst hijacking of a thread I've seen. I can imagine if this had started after I'd had a few drinks I would be on the floor!

Cheers,

Tim

Jack.
    Thats a funny analogy jack !!!!

Mark

Quote Originally Posted by fish-n-dive View Post
    It is a well know fact that jublies = # of drinks consumed!!!
    Which is in turn proportional to the size of the reel.

It could be said that when the weight matches the outfit you have reel jublies. Therefore when the jublies are oversized for the outfit they are no longer reel.

Just to chuck a spanner in, how do baitcaster sizes fit into all this?

Isn't an Abu 5500 or 6500 C3 similar in capacity to a Calcutta 400 or should that be a Calcutta 700. Hmmm, where'd the extra zero go..?

But then, a Black Sheep 300 is a similar size to the Penn 965 or is that the 955?

The Daiwa millionnaire CV-Z 300 has more line capacity than other brand 400's.

The Calcutta TE Conquest 300 is bigger than a Curado 300.

So where does the Millionnaire 253 fit into all this? Isn't it the same size as other brand 300's? Then smaller than the 253 come the 203 and the 103..!

I spose there has to be a generic size scale for reels, as there is for other things, but I dunno where all the zeros come into it, especially for the egg beaters being measured differently to baitcasters.

Maybe it has something to do with spool size measurements and/or diameter in centimetres. Eg a reel size of 6500 could have a measurement of 6.500cm; a size 400 could measure 4.00cm and size 253 would be 2.53cm (or something like that - just guessing!)

To sum it up, I agree with wilcara "What the...?"

"...A voice in my head told me I had to go fishing..!"

Future Ausfish tackle questions

"I have just picked up a Starlo Spin Stix in 5-8kg and plan to fish the esturies up north with it. My question is, what size jublies would best balance this outfit?"

"I am after something in the 6000 size, what brand jublies would you recommend?"

"Is it worth paying more for Diawa jublies over Shimano jublies? Would I get my moneys worth for the more expensive jublies?"

I fear for this forum (but will read more often )

As for baitcaster reels sizes, no idea.

Goddy

Quote Originally Posted by goddy100 View Post
    Future Ausfish tackle questions

"I have just picked up a Starlo Spin Stix in 5-8kg and plan to fish the esturies up north with it. My question is, what size jublies would best balance this outfit?"

"I am after something in the 6000 size, what brand jublies would you recommend?"

"Is it worth paying more for Diawa jublies over Shimano jublies? Would I get my moneys worth for the more expensive jublies?"

I fear for this forum (but will read more often )

As for baitcaster reels sizes, no idea.

Goddy
    Hmmm, therein lies another problem. We will need a rating system for Jublies with several criteria - I'll leave you to guess at those, for fear of upsetting younger or female readers - deep breath -

and then there's the issue of best use - what weather, what style of fishing - so what's to be used to cover them - t shirts, bathing suit, all weather gear, warm/cold, what type of harness...

All very complicated. Who started this? They should be sanctioned. HEAVILY!

Cheers,

Tim

So if I upgrade my reels, will the missus jublies grow larger?

I feel a need for some 6000 reels.......

Reel sizes are tit for tat....keeping abreast of manafacturers sizing is certainly not a hoot.....but to dispell all the knockers out there, when next years new sizing system comes in, it will all be a distant mamory.

Look what you've started Jack....shame !!!

LGM that is soooo funny, might have laughed my fun bags off if I were a girl. I'm off to Hooters for a drink.......................Cheers, Pete.

there's definately something in all this....