Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Camera Techniques When Fishing?

Re: Camera Techniques When Fishing?

Poo, pick yourself say two or three entry level DSLR's that suit your $$ range and then head over to the Dpreviewe sight and read owners opinions regarding these cameras..The for and against hangups with them..You know some like, say the Canon 20D or the Nikon D70 were yesterdays top entry level DSLR's as was the Pentax K10D for Pentax..

With prices having dropped with camera's like the D3, D700, 5D and so forth having steepd into the arena..

Today you can pick the 20D,D70 etc new at a reasonble price that wont break you piggybank and they still do a top job with the person that reads their manuals and plays around learning their habits..

As for Lens?? there's always Sigma and tamron that wont break your bank either and both these brands bring out a reasonable lens..
    Nikkor and Cannon lens are great but you have to pay for them but a guess its the old adage"You get what you pay" for in some cases ey..
    Dont be in a hurry the Compact you have now will keep you happy till you know what you want after all its a passion not a Career ....

Re: Camera Techniques When Fishing?

Quote Originally Posted by Volvo View Post
    Poo, pick yourself say two or three entry level DSLR's that suit your $$ range and then head over to the Dpreviewe sight and read owners opinions regarding these cameras..The for and against hangups with them..You know some like, say the Canon 20D or the Nikon D70 were yesterdays top entry level DSLR's as was the Pentax K10D for Pentax..

With prices having dropped with camera's like the D3, D700, 5D and so forth having steepd into the arena..

Today you can pick the 20D,D70 etc new at a reasonble price that wont break you piggybank and they still do a top job with the person that reads their manuals and plays around learning their habits..

As for Lens?? there's always Sigma and tamron that wont break your bank either and both these brands bring out a reasonable lens..
    Nikkor and Cannon lens are great but you have to pay for them but a guess its the old adage"You get what you pay" for in some cases ey..
    Dont be in a hurry the Compact you have now will keep you happy till you know what you want after all its a passion not a Career ....
    Thanks again for the advice. Truer words could not have been said. It is a passion with me and a growing one at that. My compact as you have already seen does a reasonable photo so I am very happy with it but as time goes by I realize there are limitations hence the desire to get something a little better. The question is just how much better would an entry level dslr be? Enough to warrant spending the money? I did get a few brands together already and tried as best as I could to get a review on all those models which included Sony, Olympus, Ricoh, Pentax, Nikkon, and Cannon. All cameras had their strong points and bad points according to the reviews but that has not helped me make up my mind however. I am in no hurry as you say but will probably end up with one in the not too distant future.

Thanks also to MattChew for the offer for using your account. Will see how things pan out.

Poodroo

He who aims at nothing is sure to hit it.