Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Innaugural Mondy Muster 2008 - Barra, Beer, and a Barrel of laughs

Red face Barra, Beer, and Bulls#it

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    I was pretty sore after the Mondy muster week & that was only 8.5 days ....... 24 days (10 days tournament ...... including 2 nights ..... 4pm - 8am will be a real tester) ........... But hey , it has to be done
    Certainly looking forward to it ..... specially fishing with Matt (Barraboss)

Cheers

Chris
    So Chris where are you tormenting and when?

Re: Innaugural Mondy Muster 2008 - Barra, Beer, and a Barrel of laughs

Quote Originally Posted by NAGG View Post
    Get back in your hole Tony

Hey have a good trip ......... & use the conditions , you might be pleasantly surprised

Cheers

Chris
    Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Allways more satisfaction out of nailing a fish in adverse conditions Tony, good luck on the trip
    Thanks guys, that was the attitude I took up with me and we put in a few thousand casts, alas the score at the end of this weekend was -2

From reports around the camp there were very few fish caught, and those that I heard of I think were caught on the troll.

I did find some nice warm bays including one that was 27.8 on Saturday up past "F", compared to most other spots at around 25ish that day.

There was tons of bait in quite a few areas we fished hard but only saw 2 Barra all weekend, one slashed but wouldn't hit any of the four different lures we threw at it, another hit my plastic (white hardnose again) but hook didn't set

The water temp was up quite a bit today and we found quite a few areas around 27 throughout the dam. Both myself and Steve (Apollo) caught a Mondy trout today hence the negative score.

With the temps going the way they are it might not be long (probably tommorow knowing my luck) untill it start going off big time. The wind steadily dropped over the last three days and there was stuff all today

Looks like I better start planning the next trip to redeem myself from this weekends minus score!!!

Cheers
    Tony

Hard luck on the trip Tony......Talking of Hardnose lures....Im toying with putting a stinger in place or a helper....this could interfere with the action though...worth a try....8/9/10 Oct can't come quick enough
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Whitto, actually I did lose a tail on a Hardnose this last trip. Although it was not to a fish I'm afraid!

Lay a beautifull cast down a corridoor through the branches of a gnarly lie down tree thinking for the 1000th time "there's gotta be a fish there" then splash - didn't notice the lizard at the back of the log

He hit it fairly hard although spat the hook, but he liked it enough to keep the tail

Another thing I noticed with so many boats out due to the school holidays - If you were fishing anywhere visible from the main navigation channels you didn't get long to fish before a blowfly buzzed up to ask "owyagoin" or between you and the point you were fishing etc etc

Question Re: Innaugural Mondy Muster 2008 - Barra, Beer, and a Barrel of laughs

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Whitto, actually I did lose a tail on a Hardnose this last trip. Although it was not to a fish I'm afraid!

Lay a beautifull cast down a corridoor through the branches of a gnarly lie down tree thinking for the 1000th time "there's gotta be a fish there" then splash - didn't notice the lizard at the back of the log

He hit it fairly hard although spat the hook, but he liked it enough to keep the tail

Another thing I noticed with so many boats out due to the school holidays - If you were fishing anywhere visible from the main navigation channels you didn't get long to fish before a blowfly buzzed up to ask "owyagoin" or between you and the point you were fishing etc etc
    Tony
    your getting blowflied because your famous now mate!! Winner of the Mondy Muster has created you a troop of barra groupies!!!

Sorry to see you had a tough weekend mate, weather was good hey, (I was working). We havent heard of many catches at all this week just gone.I managed a quick fish Wed arvo last week juuuust as the wind kicked in, weird thing was I got a fish as the wind turned SE, other than that it was tough going..good ol stiffie came thru with the goods..i went back to winter style fishing.. Must have been the change...water temp was dropping.

cheers steve

Re: Barra, Beer, and Bulls#it

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    So Chris where are you tormenting and when?
    The plan as it stands is

Nov 7 , 8 , 9 (Mondy)

10, 11 ( Awoonga)

12 , 13 ( Teemburra) 14 & 15 ABT Event

16, 17 (Peter Faust) 18 & 19 ABT Event

20 , 21 ( Awoonga) 22 , 23 , 24 , 25 ABT Events

26 , 27 , 28 ( Monduran) 29 , 30 ABT Events

Its a pretty full on agenda ........ but I cant wait

Chris
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    a troop of barra groupies
    I knew I started barra fishing for a reason........

Bad luck TonyM - there's always next time.....

Steve B - will be on the water 23 -26 October, leave a few for me & Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Tony
    your getting blowflied because your famous now mate!! Winner of the Mondy Muster has created you a troop of barra groupies!!!

Sorry to see you had a tough weekend mate, weather was good hey, (I was working). We havent heard of many catches at all this week just gone.I managed a quick fish Wed arvo last week juuuust as the wind kicked in, weird thing was I got a fish as the wind turned SE, other than that it was tough going..good ol stiffie came thru with the goods..i went back to winter style fishing.. Must have been the change...water temp was dropping.

cheers steve
    hahaha groupies - I wouldn't mind so much if they were about 20 to 30 years younger, attractive, and female!

Funnily enough I did have a few people I didn't know come up and say hi that knew me by name - the muster wasn't televised was it?

I tried a few different strategies and just didn't find the key to the door, I suppose there is no substitute for time spent on the water so I'll be getting up there every chance I get this year. (preferably NOT on weekends and definately NOT on a public holiday!)

Watch this space......late report coming.....

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Hey guys ,roo n kim got home ok,they are just computer challenged,but i think they will remedy that this week fter they nearly came to blows over my laptop.they left my place monday lunch n got home monday night safely..just goes to show how much they do at work
    Chewman, between AF, talking to you on facebook and answering your txt, I'm suprised I have time to breath!!
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Quote Originally Posted by Roo View Post
    Watch this space......late report coming.....
    We have been hangin for this guys
    Give a man a fish & he will eat for a day !
    Teach him how to fish
    & he will sit in a boat - & drink beer all day!
    TEAM MOJIKO

here's a teaser......just a few pics while I'm playing around with resizing the images.

Pic1 is a bent up TT headhunter jighead (1/2oz 5/0) from one of Kims many dropped fish....dodgy stinger missed its mark. Lure kindly donated by Mighty Whitey....I did the jighead/stinger mod which after altering to reflect the Nagg Format (8/0 Owner) became one of the Gun lures which at the end of the trip we then passed on to another fella and his young son, Up from Victoria and in need of some luck.

Pic2 is the Gun (Sadly departed) lure that after Nagg and MW donated their spot and one each of their Gun Lures to us, put Kim and I onto New PB's......sorry boys but we beat ya's on your spot with your lures

Pic3 is a metrey that after letting him go he kindly passed thru the transducer cone so we could get one last pic of him.

More to come tonight.....once Kim gets the report written.

Cheers Roo.

Kimmy you are just breathless in awe of my flyfishing style

Quote Originally Posted by chewy01 View Post
    Kimmy you are just breathless in awe of my flyfishing style
    You run with that big boy!!
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...

Ok so here it is!!
    Book one!!
    Left home at 4am Sunday morning 14th, after a few little hiccup's along the way finally pulled into Sexy Coffee at 8.45, 45min behind schedule. Pick up the Chew's and rolled in to Foxie's about 10.30ish. Quick update from Jackie and Dave(callop) and we were on our way to check in. Not feeling terribly confidant after hearing all the donuts reported, we arrived to a rather empty camp ground. We thought everyone had left, turns out a few were lying low, nursing sore heads, Chew and Andy caught up with a few AF'ers while we unloaded the car, prepped the boat, munched some lunch etc and on the water by about 2pm. We noticed a few birds working the bait in a bay across from A bay and thought we'd go and have a look. Bit of bait flicking but not much else happening so Chew headed up towards B and we decided to stay put and work the edge of the bank.Going into this trip we are both sitting on PB's under the meter, Roo on 98 myself on 99. Working our way along the bank Roo gets smacked up while not paying attention and misses, so we worked our way past the spot again and this time he's on!! He called it for a smaller fish from the fight, but on the mat it showed 110!!!!! oops a fold in the mat, straighten her all up and she measured bang on the magic meter!! Bastard!! The old (Coffee Grinder) Pflueger Echelon did the trick and flaps was the winning lure. Roo was pretty chuffed. I had a donut day as did the Chew's and a few others. Steve, Ben, Navi, Vin and Paul dropped in for a beer on their way home (compliments of Pete4). Sweet Chariot is certainly SWEEEEEETTTT Paul.

Monday on the water by about 10ish, cruised up to B where Roo got his fish in June not much happening and heaps of floating Snotty green weed so we headed over to the other side of B where we spied Nagg and MW on to a fish, mention of video camera was quickly shot down, something about a jinx?? Couple of snaps of Nagg's new PB and a quick chat. Headed back to the bank where Roo got his fish the day before, 2 drifts and 2 short strikes for Roo on the Lorikeet 130mm Slickrig before I show him how it's done with the Guns n Roses F18 on the 3rd drift. He is still mumbling about me stealing his fish, Geez gave him two shots at it before I had to show him how it was done. Not a PB @ 96cm but stoked I wasn't going home with a donut and it was my first on a hardbody casting. Off to the pub that night for dinner with Chew's, Foxie's and the Bechley's. Nagg and MW dropped in for a drink at the house on their way back to camp (compliments of Pete4).

Tuesday we both had a donut day. It was bloody hot. On the upside we where there when MW and Andy(slickrig) both caught their fish. Thought we were going to end up with MW's fish in the boat. Wish I had some popcorn while that capture was happening!! I still hear "it's gone" in my sleep, nice leccie work Nagg it was a pleasure to watch. SteveB and Spud(neighbour) were fishing over the ridge and doing well on the surface lures. They dropped into the house on the way home for a beer or 6 (compliments of Pete4).