Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Innaugural Mondy Muster 2008 - Barra, Beer, and a Barrel of laughs

Talking NAGG, and his addiction

Tally now stands at:

Nagg 10 fish

Whitey 9 fish

Chris will supply all the details when he gets back.

John.[/quote]

I am surprised Chris hasn't found an internet cafe to get online. He must be suffering withdrawals . This is the longest he has ever been off the Ausfish!

Re: Innaugural Mondy Muster 2008 - Barra, Beer, and a Barrel of laughs

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    i wish it was me calling that but i went home on sunday paul on meet ya for a second on saturday night i didnt even get to seee the flash boat oh well next time
    Sorry Simon....it was Chewy and Andy on the radio I heard on Monday........small brain fade on my part. Was also great to meet you in the short space of time we were at the camp kitchen.

Cheers
    Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Red face Ya had to be there!

Steve the new moon sounds fine to me bro.
    There is a lot to be said for listening to a local in my book. Also as you say less crowded, we can fish gentlemen s hours, and etc.etc.

As for the big night woes, Rob the camp manager although concerned was very understanding, he knows what it is like to have a big one with mates
    I did offer apologies on behalf of the attendees.

As has been said, lets not focus on it but take it on board for next time.

The Fire of knowledge and Bulls#it needs to be well away from the camp kitchen for the benifit of others and those who fall victim to evil spirits.

The Big tree in the far corner would be a good spot, maybe the locals could reserve it with Rob for next time?

I can't wait to get my S#IT sorted and get back there.

Am only the only poor bastard who has to go to work? :cry:
    Sounds like every body else is fishin

Quote Originally Posted by mylestom View Post
    Guess im from the old school believing in courtesy and respect from others.

Ausfishers don't have special rights to disturb others.
    The number of times fellow Ausfishers complain about people on the water, ramp and just being plain ignorant is everywhere on this site.

Then a bunch decide to organise this Muster, with good intentions and it gets out of hand.

Own up, apologise, and learn a lesson.

Don't put the blame onto other campers, that didn't come up to you and complain.

Just think who the other campers are. People with wifes and children, elderly and basically people who have paid for there site and expect a nights sleep.

These are the same people in your own family, wifes, mothers, babies, young and old.

If it was me I would not be calling them names or having a go at them.

Grow up, a mistake was made, a big one. Apologise to all concerned and In writing to the management.

Free advertising doesnt not give you rights. Think now about the bad advertisements that they will get from those upset campers.

Guess I won't be putting an Ausfish sticker on my new boat when I go to Monduran. Only a part timer there myself, 7 weeks this year. And no I don't think that I would be impressed at your behaviour either.

Realise might cop some flak ,but sit down and think, is this what we call acceptable behaviour!!!

Simon, well said about the free advertiseing mate (wonder if the complainents have ever heard the term "harden up princess?"
    Unquote

Trev

As i said i wasnt condoning our behaviour but i think you need to know all the facts before we all judge first of all the park manger was driinking with us and was present for the presentation of the Mondy MUSTER shield and then went to bed (well done tony on behalf of the group bye several of us we understand it wasnt the best move but we learnt from it and have already considered place further away from the main camp area as you have seen in many other posts if you like join us next year and you will find out where a great bunch of fellows who have one thing in common "IBD" im sure yous all are welcome to attend and we can all enjoy that magical place . we are not justifying our action just because we are ausfisher but we aare say that alot of free advertising is given to them places as well and should not be forgotten .

Guess im from the old school believing in courtesy and respect from others.

Ausfishers don't have special rights to disturb others.
    The number of times fellow Ausfishers complain about people on the water, ramp and just being plain ignorant is everywhere on this site.

Then a bunch decide to organise this Muster, with good intentions and it gets out of hand.

Own up, apologise, and learn a lesson.

Don't put the blame onto other campers, that didn't come up to you and complain.

Just think who the other campers are. People with wifes and children, elderly and basically people who have paid for there site and expect a nights sleep.

These are the same people in your own family, wifes, mothers, babies, young and old.

If it was me I would not be calling them names or having a go at them.

Grow up, a mistake was made, a big one. Apologise to all concerned and In writing to the management.

Free advertising doesnt not give you rights. Think now about the bad advertisements that they will get from those upset campers.

Guess I won't be putting an Ausfish sticker on my new boat when I go to Monduran. Only a part timer there myself, 7 weeks this year. And no I don't think that I would be impressed at your behaviour either.

Realise might cop some flak ,but sit down and think, is this what we call acceptable behaviour!!!

Simon, well said about the free advertiseing mate (wonder if the complainents have ever heard the term "harden up princess?"
    Unquote

Trev
    Trev,

Your concerns are duely noted again for the second time in this thread. I have always noticed you thank me for my posts, so I thank you for that. I have never met you that I can recall. I have always enjoyed reading your posts too.

I will say that I AM personally ashamed, embarrassed and regretful for my part in keeping people awake that night, anyone who knows me truly knows this was out of charicter for me, and I OWNED UP AND APPOLOGISED IN MY POST and to Rob at the park, who is a friend of mine as far as I am aware.

Sorry Trev, I just found out you were there, and no doubt kept awake. Whitto knows this one: H.A.L.T
    H.A.L.T is an ambulance saying, never say or do anthing if your Hungry Angry Late or Tired.. I posted with couple of these on board and regret doing so as I contributed to stuffing a good thread.!!! I wasn't looking for sympathy about my job...merely comparing what is really a drama in ones life, Thank god we can all go fishing!!!!

The PM's have touched me....big girls blouse I am....I need to harden up princess LETS GET ON WITH IT...FISH TALK!! Soory I am back!

Steve

Well summed up Steve.

Trevor you mention "Own up, apologise, and learn a lesson."

When we were approached in the morning by Rob we did apologise, and we most certainly learnt a lesson, as pretty much immediately after that we had a discussion about how next time we have such a large get together we need to be further away from the rest of the campers so as not to inconvenience anyone.

I've rarely had the pleasure of being with such a large group of people all of whom are decent friendly sharing individuals. I think this combination is why all got along so well and Saturdays campfire went far longer than you would normally expect.

As Steve said I think you got your message across clearly in your first post in this thread and should hope we can now get back to the subject of fishing...

=======================
    Steve, mate I'm very sorry to hear you had such a crap day. I honestly wouldn't have the strength to do your job and thank you and your fellow workers as you are at the front line of saving lives despite the personal agony it must put you through.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Trev,

Your concerns are duely noted again for the second time in this thread. I have always noticed you thank me for my posts, so I thank you for that. I have never met you that I can recall. I have always enjoyed reading your posts too.

I will say that I AM personally ashamed, embarrassed and regretful for my part in keeping people awake that night, anyone who knows me truly knows this was out of charicter for me, and I OWNED UP AND APPOLOGISED IN MY POST and to Rob at the park, who is a friend of mine as far as I am aware.

I feel now you have made some important points regardind courtesy and respect which I too beleive is the basic foundation for civilised society. After actually being there, and meeting these blokes, I can assure you they hold similar values. They are all top people dispite what you may think happened.

As you were NOT there and I was, I feel I can comment further from here. NO ONE BELEIVES AUSFISHERS HAVE THE RIGHT TO DISTURB OTHER..OR THAT WE ARE SOMETHING SPECIAL. please refrain from accusing us of that.

I also agree that no one should abuse anyone for there right to complain about what happened.

FACTS NOW- It was NOT a mahem, yahoo, top note wild party...merely a few fellas sitting around a fire drinking and listening to some music (fairly quiet too from what our near neighbours stated to me) and NONE OF THIS WAS ON PURPOSE!!! please believe that! I can only assume this kind of behavior has happened to you before up there...most probably not by Ausfishos, and I am sorry if that has happened to you..it has to me too so I know what its like (it was a mayem, wild youngster party)

I will not be writing any letters of appologies. I will applogise for my part (as I have already) to anyone who comes to me, calls me, emails me whatever with a specific complaint....only too happy.

As for this thread, leave it alone, its about the fishing and the friendship. what your focusing on is 1% of the great weekend....we got you message and, I agree with 99% of what you had to say....start a new complaining one if you wish.

Sorry, if I sound dissapointed now, I am, and tired too..I had the unfortunate privilege of attending 6 seriously hurt people in one prang last night, and 2 kids had their young faces burned beyond recogition. Then I come and read this post.....well you tell me where the importance of this incident really rates!

As for me, that is my final say, on this post and on Ausfish. My PM box is available to anyone who wants anything from me. My closer friends have my phone number.

Steve
    well said steve man you bloke deserve every cents you get and more it must be hard to try and go home from things like that and live a normall life with those images my hat goes off to ya and if you want to let ya hair down every now and then so be it after all yous are the blokes that help saves lives and ya right this incedent is trival so lets get back to ibd ibd ibd ibd ibd ibd ibd ibd ibd IBD BRING IT ON AGAIN

That particular post is last weeks Fish and Chip wrapping paper.....We who were there know it has been attended to and the matter has been addressed......This is just flogging a dead horse.....it is dead and buried in the can and is history.....The weekend was much more than this indiscretion.......Move on and lets talk about the like mindedness we all love......Ill buy u a beer when I see you next Steve...I know what your saying and I feel your pain Brother......End of post Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Unquote

Trev
    Obviously you are refering to me mate, the harden up comment was meant as a flippant throw away line.
    As this thread is meant to be about a succesfull and enjoyable fishing trip by a group of like minded blokes, and ladies, I have edited the comment out of the original post

Quote Originally Posted by BR65 View Post
    Obviously you are refering to me mate, the harden up comment was meant as a flippant throw away line.
    its ok brian i think he didnt take it the wrong way lol anyway back to fish damm that place is going off it brain at the moment when are you heading up brian im going jack fishing tomorrow evening just so i can keep my self intact till the next trip i might have to do a october one yet before the novemebr if i keep getting this funny rash i got and twitchhhhh i think the ibd is got me again daaaaaaaaaaaamm i cant wait for another crack Our trip ( me and nath) we had a few followers last time right up to the side of the boat and one who decide to have a crack at mine after i got a birds nest all i heard was nath going oh my god your on and thank crieky he didnt hook ivwas in a hole lot of troulbe.
    novemeber still a goer for you brian ?
    to whitto and steve thankyou if you blokes wherent out there us poor bugger who get hurt would be in major troulbe i have used the ambos on several occasions and you all know how to put our minds at rest so from all of us "THANK YOU "

Exclamation Re: Innaugural Mondy Muster 2008 - Barra, Beer, and a Barrel of laughs

LET'S JUST SAY
    THE END!

Congrats Tony on the winning the Mondy Muster!! Sounds like you all had a ball, next year we will be there for the whole weekend. It was great to catch up with some of the guys and have a drink. For some reason Steve was a bit dubious about coming out in the boat with us some thing about lotion, so we didn't get to have a fish with him. On the up side he stopped in for a drink on the way home and the smile on Terry's face after his first barra wasn't going anywhere for awhile. We did get to see Nagg land a nice fish and Mighty Whitey land his PB and Andy(chew jnr) land a good fish on his new egrell. You probably all don't want to hear it but it really fired up mid week. Roo and I have both ended up with PB's and are totally stoked. Will do a report once Chewy stops forcing Canadian Club in our hands and i can think straight.

As for all the kerfuffel about sat night ....... we have ALL played up a bit from time to time. Steve you are right, in the grand scheme of things it rates pretty low on the scale. Please reconsider you decision, you would be sorely missed. You are free and honest with your advise and it's hugely appreciated by many of us on the boards. You are a valued AF member and you along with our other friends here at AF have helped Roo and myself become much more confident barra fishos.

Cheers Kim and Rod.
    Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders and says...
    'Oh Shit.....she's awake'

Thanks Kim, I've hung it in my study so it hits me in the face whenever I walk in. The last time I won something was in primary school I think! The memory it fires up when I see it puts the silly grin right back on my face as it brings back the good times had by all

I've been waiting with baited breath to hear the reports from you lucky buggers that got to fish on this week.

Congratulations to both yourself and Roo for the new PB's!!! - It's hard to get a bigger rush isn't it! You have both put in the effort and it's well deserved.

Will be great to see your report, I'm sure we will all be envious!

Cheers
    Tony

Quote Originally Posted by TonyM View Post
    Thanks Kim, I've hung it in my study so it hits me in the face whenever I walk in. The last time I won something was in primary school I think! The memory it fires up when I see it puts the silly grin right back on my face as it brings back the good times had by all

I've been waiting with baited breath to hear the reports from you lucky buggers that got to fish on this week.

Congratulations to both yourself and Roo for the new PB's!!! - It's hard to get a bigger rush isn't it! You have both put in the effort and it's well deserved.

Will be great to see your report, I'm sure we will all be envious!

Cheers
    Tony
    Hey Tony,
    you will enjoy every minute of the report when it comes let me assure you. The poly brigade fired up so much...well the floor of the boat nearly melted!!

Steve

Quote Originally Posted by Steve B View Post
    Hey Tony,
    you will enjoy every minute of the report when it comes let me assure you. The poly brigade fired up so much...well the floor of the boat nearly melted!!

Steve
    Sounds awesome! Chewy, put that bottle down and let them get typing!