Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Innaugural Mondy Muster 2008 - Barra, Beer, and a Barrel of laughs

Re: Innaugural Mondy Muster 2008 - Barra, Beer, and a Barrel of laughs

Ill put my hand up Steve....I would love a copy......some of that stuff was top dollar when I was 16y's old.....Now that Im an Ole Fart it's got better with age...even at 0430 and choking on the Camp fire smoke....Great stuff........Looks like we were a fly shite too early with the Barra not 2 worry.....We missed them by that much.....Good report Steve....pleased Flaps is still firing....will catchup in the near future.....Whitto PS Have an iPod just screaming for the Mondy Muster CD's
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    Great report as usual Steve. Good to hear the barra are being cooperative. I can't wait to try them again hopefully in November. Looking forward to Roo's report not to mention Nagg's. The CD collection was awesome(if you ignore Miley Cyrus).
    I'm off to NZ on Sunday for 2 weeks to do a bit of fly fishing so I'll pm you when I get back. Glad to hear the tooheyflu settled down. The ralphitis you had on top of the flu had a few of us worried.
    Dave
    Have a great trip in the land of the Long White Cloud Dave It was good to catch up with you again...hopefully we'll cross paths down the track....Cheers Whitto
    Good Mates....Good Food.....Good Fishing....Priceless

thanks for the report steve, it would have been great to stay a few more nites ,sounds like it was the best time to be out there,think next year might book the week,,,yes saturday nite was tops,i didnt think we were to rowdy apart from the music which wasnt that loud anyway,imho, and no i didnt see anone come and complain either..think one stage we guessed it to be bout 10 but with a look at the watch it was actually 2am, wot the heck another one cant hurt, then before ya know it , its 4.30, time flies...but like you said not meeting blokes till then we had plenty to chat and laugh about....i had a very fuzzy day on the water sunday but i wasnt gona lie down...and didnt want to let josh down either as he was the smart one and was still very keen to get a fish.....
    anyway im heading back up the bruce tomorrow, but unfortunatly driving right past mondy ,, awoonga and faust, for a week at airly beach,(spewin)...and because FLAPS was such a naughty little fishy at mondy his punishment is lots of laps of the toothy waters of shute harbor, with his cousin chug a lug....will miss the final wrap, from chewie , roo ,the missus and nagg....but will catch that up when i get back....see you all on the flip side,,...
    deano....

Quote Originally Posted by Callop View Post
    Great report as usual Steve. Good to hear the barra are being cooperative. I can't wait to try them again hopefully in November. Looking forward to Roo's report not to mention Nagg's. The CD collection was awesome(if you ignore Miley Cyrus).
    I'm off to NZ on Sunday for 2 weeks to do a bit of fly fishing so I'll pm you when I get back. Glad to hear the tooheyflu settled down. The ralphitis you had on top of the flu had a few of us worried.
    Dave

have a top trip dave ,,,i thaught it was kylie minoge, not miley, or was it both,dunno anyway enjoy NZ.....deano..

Quote Originally Posted by DEANO68 View Post
    have a top trip dave ,,,i thaught it was kylie minoge, not miley, or was it both,dunno anyway enjoy NZ.....deano..
    yeah have a great trip dave
    and you as well dean enjoy airlie nice place and plenty of things to look at if you know what i mean (water that is lol) will give you a pm to come for a jack fish sooner then later as well

Quote Originally Posted by nipsta View Post
    yeah have a great trip dave
    and you as well dean enjoy airlie nice place and plenty of things to look at if you know what i mean (water that is lol) will give you a pm to come for a jack fish sooner then later as well
    Cheers simon, jack fish will be a must when warms up a little...
    deano...

Steve, great report mate and fantastic to hear they are firing up!

Your neighbour will have to mow your lawn this summer I reckon, and it's really great to hear Roo & the Missus are getting into them! Can't wait to see the rest of the reports when they all get home. Hopefully Chris & the Mightey Whitey will be in Barra nirvana about now with stretched arms as well!

I haven't unpacked the car yet, maybe I should leave the gear in there for a quick exit to get back up there

I'd love a Mondy Muster CD set please, I only heard about the first 2 songs before I was out like a light! I've still got to give you the software CD I meant to bring up but forgot! At this stage I'll probably be up again weekend after next so hopefully we can catch up then.

Callop - have a great trip mate! Was nice to meet you and I'm still glad I avoided the temptation of the port bottle

Steve - you suck !!! But I would also like a cd . Always the bloody way - 'they came on the chew just when you guys left....... ' - heard this waaaaay to often. Bloody Lake Misery. Anyway, here's a quick summary of our trip.

Firstly, catching up with all you guys great although all too brief (because we were staying at Gin Gin), but it was still nice to catch up and put a few names to faces. Sat sounded like a top night and by the site of Steve B Sun lunch, the evidence was still fresh. In Steve's defense, he did really well to back up on Sun and still kicked on Sun night at Kym and Roo's and again back at Gin Gin til about midnight - top effort mate, even if you had to sleep in the dog house!

As for fishing, well tough is an understatement. We had great weather so can't blame that, we found warm water and great structure so couldn't blame that either, we had all the gear and techniques and tried everything.....get the drift. Out of our group of 9 anglers, we managed 4 barra.

Troy: 111.5 (caught on a Smiths Saruna).
    Vin: 93, 102.5, 104.
    Big Ren (Paul), Steve B, Gary, Dale, Johnno and myself: nil
    Ben (EOTBMG): DONUT (lived up to his reputation).

Quick summary for those who care (I don't) but Vin was using a Barrabait, rigged to suspend. He fished 78lb YGK Jigman with an 80lb Penn 10X leader. We fished shallow points and bays but weren't getting any action so went back to how we use to fish - good structure in 8-12 ft of water. We did try frogs/toads, stiffy's, slick rigs, storm wildeye shads, flick baits and a range of HB's. We fished from 'A' to 'F' and all 4 fish came from 4 different spots.

Awesome weekend irrespective of the fishing.

Look forward to next year but I'm sure we'll run into a few more familiar faces between now and then.

Next stop Tinaroo in 3 weeks - woohoo.

Guys and Gal

It was an absolute thrill to catch up with some of you finally. As Navi said, our stop-over at camp was far too short to really put all the faces to names, simply because we had to drive back to Gin Gin......Les thanks very much for keeping me from dehydrating....owe you two Pure Blondes bloke (the beer that is).

It was also fantastic to have a fish with Steve on Sunday. Thanks for the nice words mate.............you are far too easily amused with our sick sense of humour Glad Ben and I are not getting paid as comedians though.....we'd be stone motherless by now. You are welcome aboard anytime mate. Also glad you found Ben's hat....that blew a long way off the water I wouldn't worry too much about cleaning it though.....small furry animals live in Ben's hair and the hat always look like that . Sorry Benny.

It was also great to catch up with the Roo and Kim, Nipsta and Andy, at the house, albeit, all too briefly once again. We heard Nipsta call Andy's dropped fish on the radio on the Monday morning....tried to reply to ya as you couldn't have been too far away from us. Awesome to see Roo and Kim get onto some quality fish. Totally deserved.

Full credit must also go to Nagg for the organisation of all this. Good Karma will come your way Chris.....although I hear it already has.

Congratulations everyone.....can't wait to do it again.

Steve.....I'd also love a copy of that CD.

Cheers all

Paul
    Ranger 188VX - "Sweet Chariot"

Thumbs up Ya had to be there

Steve, Good on Ya Mate!!

That would be right don't stir up the fish till the Musters left town then clean up.

So what was the bring on mate, did the temp come up?

Got a text message from Nagg this morning

He and The Mighty Whitey are now at Awoonga, last night Whitey got 3 and Nagg 1, all small fish.

Tally now stands at:

Nagg 10 fish

Whitey 9 fish

Chris will supply all the details when he gets back.

Cheers,

John.

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Ren View Post
    Guys and Gal

It was an absolute thrill to catch up with some of you finally. As Navi said, our stop-over at camp was far too short to really put all the faces to names, simply because we had to drive back to Gin Gin......Les thanks very much for keeping me from dehydrating....owe you two Pure Blondes bloke (the beer that is).

It was also fantastic to have a fish with Steve on Sunday. Thanks for the nice words mate.............you are far too easily amused with our sick sense of humour Glad Ben and I are not getting paid as comedians though.....we'd be stone motherless by now. You are welcome aboard anytime mate. Also glad you found Ben's hat....that blew a long way off the water I wouldn't worry too much about cleaning it though.....small furry animals live in Ben's hair and the hat always look like that . Sorry Benny.

It was also great to catch up with the Roo and Kim, Nipsta and Andy, at the house, albeit, all too briefly once again. We heard Nipsta call Andy's dropped fish on the radio on the Monday morning....tried to reply to ya as you couldn't have been too far away from us. Awesome to see Roo and Kim get onto some quality fish. Totally deserved.

Full credit must also go to Nagg for the organisation of all this. Good Karma will come your way Chris.....although I hear it already has.

Congratulations everyone.....can't wait to do it again.

Steve.....I'd also love a copy of that CD.

Cheers all

Paul
    i wish it was me calling that but i went home on sunday paul on meet ya for a second on saturday night i didnt even get to seee the flash boat oh well next time

geez, so much to comment on, here goes though

Steve, great report mate, good on ya for showing your cobber a bit of IBD, but that whole Myley thing has me a bit worried

Ben and Navi, did I read wrong, or are your names not on the list of succesful anglers, boys, whats going on there??????????

Simon, well said about the free advertiseing matter

Paul, how do I get a gig in your new tub mate

Nagg, MW, Kim, Roo, Tony, Les, Steve and all who caught fish so early in the season, thats tops

cheers
    brian
    Last edited by BR65; 19-09-2008 at 06:11 PM. Reason: I have removed a comment about the complainents adhering to a "harden up princess" philosiphy

Re: Ya had to be there

Quote Originally Posted by darylive View Post
    Steve, Good on Ya Mate!!

That would be right don't stir up the fish till the Musters left town then clean up.

So what was the bring on mate, did the temp come up?
    thanks everyone, I will do up the CD's in the near future and get them out to you all. Please PM me you addresses.......Anyone bagging mylee cyrus has to pay postage..thank Callop and Deano Hey callop, have a great trip to NZ mate. sounds like a top fishing trip planned.

Darryl, Mate the temp went from the 23-24's that we all found to 27-28's in certain productive areas. I also found an area that I am sure no one had fished. we never saw another boat anywhere all arvo or night.

My serious suggestion would be new moon sept for the muster next year. 1. better fishing during day, therfore everyone gets in early (consequenty to bed early...in theory anyway). 2. less fishermen !!! 3. generally stabler weather patterns...although this full moon was pretty stable. but the night fishing was the key.

cheers Steve

Guess im from the old school believing in courtesy and respect from others.

Ausfishers don't have special rights to disturb others.
    The number of times fellow Ausfishers complain about people on the water, ramp and just being plain ignorant is everywhere on this site.

Then a bunch decide to organise this Muster, with good intentions and it gets out of hand.

Own up, apologise, and learn a lesson.

Don't put the blame onto other campers, that didn't come up to you and complain.

Just think who the other campers are. People with wifes and children, elderly and basically people who have paid for there site and expect a nights sleep.

These are the same people in your own family, wifes, mothers, babies, young and old.

If it was me I would not be calling them names or having a go at them.

Grow up, a mistake was made, a big one. Apologise to all concerned and In writing to the management.

Free advertising doesnt not give you rights. Think now about the bad advertisements that they will get from those upset campers.

Guess I won't be putting an Ausfish sticker on my new boat when I go to Monduran. Only a part timer there myself, 7 weeks this year. And no I don't think that I would be impressed at your behaviour either.

Realise might cop some flak ,but sit down and think, is this what we call acceptable behaviour!!!

Simon, well said about the free advertiseing mate (wonder if the complainents have ever heard the term "harden up princess?"
    Unquote

Trev
    Fish for the future, enjoy the present but think of your children.