Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: e,grell s10

e,grell s10

with so much talk about these rods id like to have a loom at them can someone tell me were and wat sort of price im looking at

Re: e,grell s10

Hi breamnut.

I bought an Egrell S10 Bear and Egrell S4 Bear today from Crew Marine at Redcliffe today. I first saw these rods at Fishhead (Victoria Point). Crew Marine only have the Egrell Bear rods on the shelf but Fishhead did the the Bear and Egrell rods when I visited a few weeks ago. Expect to pay low $300 for the Egrell Bear S10 and mid $400 for the Egrell S10 (top of the range).

Cheers.
    Shaun

hey nut,

this thread has alot of info on em.. take a look
    http://www.ausfish.com.au/vforum/sho...d.php?t=135947

prices, pics and just general info

Cheers.
    "holy sh!t, did you see that?"

The tackle warehouse at coorparoo, (brisbane southside) has a good range. It is the best tackle shop in brisbane imo.
    Marty.

Logan River Marine, remember never pay the ticketed price anywhere
    Try for deals, new spool of braid eyc etc

cheers will have a look

look at the new forcelite range from loomis they do a 10-25lb model much nicer rod in my opinion and all fuji hardware too.

cheers matt

I was at The Tackle Warehouse on Friday and they had just taken delivery of more Egrells. Looked liked they were unpacking about 30 rods.

Quote Originally Posted by matt__hill View Post
    look at the new forcelite range from loomis they do a 10-25lb model much nicer rod in my opinion and all fuji hardware too.

cheers matt

SACRLIEGE. Nice to hear an opinion that differs from all the high praise for this rod.

cheers matt
    Loomis are trying to catch the S10's and a few other rod companies have begun to make rods claiming to do what a S10 can ...........they are not even close yet.

It is a credit to the brand (Egrell) that Loomis had had to respond,when Eric started all that time ago he built a new breed of rod for us in Oz and now the rest are trying to catch him.

The real challenge for other rod makers anywhere in the world is to match the S4 BeaR and what it can do...........in my opinion that is the most refined and unique rod Egrell Makes.

Birdy

Wink Re: e,grell s10

With all due respect Birdy, Loomis wouldn't even know what an Egrell rod is, their turnover in Aus alone would swamp Egrell sales many times and Aus is just a side market for them, they have been developing their range for many years and not just to keep in step with one small SEQ rod builder.
    I really like the Egrell and Loomis range of rods but there are other top line rods out there and it comes down to personal taste, action and porpoise.

PS: I don't have any Egrell or Loomis rods in my rod racks but would be more than happy to .
    Limit your Catch - Don't Catch your Limit

very true the forcelite range have been in the states for years they have just brought them over. i dont think the egrell is a bad rod it is a nice blank but for the price range i dont think they can compete considering the poor hardware on the rod. i had an s 10 and i still have an s4 bear and i love that rod but when your guides start going green from corrosion after a few trips then something is seriously wrong. i wash my gear after every trip so noone can say that the gear is not looked after but it is used.
    i have talked to quite a few friends i have in tackle shops and that seems to be the consensus from alot of people including the salesmen themselves.

cheers

From what I have been told - Loomis rep - Is that the Forcelite series have been around in the States but the Australian distributor wanted to bring out something very similar to the S10 to compete.

Also on the issue of Loomis - they do build for the Australian market as they do for the rest of the world. So if the Australian distributors say they would like something they do listen....

very true the forcelite range have been in the states for years they have just brought them over. i dont think the egrell is a bad rod it is a nice blank but for the price range i dont think they can compete considering the poor hardware on the rod. i had an s 10 and i still have an s4 bear and i love that rod but when your guides start going green from corrosion after a few trips then something is seriously wrong. i wash my gear after every trip so noone can say that the gear is not looked after but it is used.
    i have talked to quite a few friends i have in tackle shops and that seems to be the consensus from alot of people including the salesmen themselves.

cheers
    Matt,

I test Eric's gear and have done so since he took the brand over some years ago now and i was the very first salesman (i quit the industry 18 months ago) in oz to stock and sell them when he kicked off.I
    have had some issues with guides in the past but the latest guides on my S-10's are standing up to salt pretty well i find and after 20 or trips in 6 months are still new looking.I give them a good warm water wash in the shower with me after every run as do most i guess.
    I sold as many Loomis as i did Egrells back then and i can't say there was any difference in corrosion issues between the brands.

Birdy

Quote Originally Posted by GPB View Post
    With all due respect Birdy, Loomis wouldn't even know what an Egrell rod is, their turnover in Aus alone would swamp Egrell sales many times and Aus is just a side market for them, they have been developing their range for many years and not just to keep in step with one small SEQ rod builder.

Loomis don't sell thier own gear here in oz ,it is distributed by an agent and it is the agent who has noticed and has made the change to the oz Loomis line up.

Birdy