Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Iluka Breakwater

The Iluka Breakwater

I hope this is the correct forum for this.

For some years now, the appalling state of the gravel road that runs to the car park at the Iluka breakwater has been a constant source of annoyance to me. I could never understand why the Council had allowed this short stretch of road to fall into such a state of disrepair. Bruised kidney stuff it is.

Anyway, I had a flash and got into the Clarence Valley Council's website and found it's Works Program for 2008/09. I have lots of flashes, some good, mostly not so good flashes. Went through it's program of proposed works.

Lo and behold there in front of me was the following:

Project No. 166 - Iluka Breakwall - Upgrade vehicle access - $ 40 000

Well, wacky doo. Bloody good stuff. Hopefully, it'll happen between now and June 2009.

TOL

Re: The Iluka Breakwater

the oldlegend...theoldhacker more like it ...well thats councils or you isnt it TOL...i just did a G/Earth search on Iluka...beautiful part of the country you live in...well...except or the crappy roads
    whats the fishing like you way???

Mrs Benno1

I Hope it happens between now and about 3.00 p.m. tomorrow TOL, because that's when I'll be using it again!
    Cheers Freeeedom

Finaly i can stop swearing at our crapy cvc and there lack of fishing freindly facilities but they did do an awesome job of rebuilding the boat ramp at yamba fishing co-op, oh yer until we get our new board of council members ha ha ha

I don't actually live there Mrs Benno, but I wouldn't mind!

It's a really nice place, small, quiet, laid back, plenty of different fishing to be had.

TOL

Finally! Its great sitting there in the carpark when tourists in bmw's and other exxy cars come in, they don't even park, just turn straight around and leave!
    Melony, another yamba local? I'm loving the new boat ramp in town as well, lots more space and better organised than just some grass to park on,.

Mate the road is the way we like it here!! But seriously as much as they do it up it just keeps goin to ruin two months after its done up it goes to ruin again. If you think its bad now 10 years ago it was 4x4 only sand track
    If its really that bad you could always use the car park and walk the 300 m

Have never made it.

You know I never make it to the breakwall. I get stopped by Sedgers Reef every time. Seemed to get wrecked there often.

Ahh sedgers reef the undoing of many!!!! fantastic place after a hot morning chasing tuna off the wall!

Stonecold, we'll have to gee up a tuna session next season. I've never done to well over at iluka other than a few bigger fish. Last season i got plagued with sub 15kg models off yamba. The quantity was there, just not the quality.

yeah ern i sunk my first schooner on sedgers quiet a few have been wrecked on that reef

Mattooty
    I am from grafton, may as well be a local down there as seems i spend more time down that way in the big red boat chasing lizards and crabs about a few lizards so far this year but no crabs, coucho has given me some help so hopefuly tomorrow i will have some luck.

Just got back from another week at Iluka - they haven't started on the road yet - it's still as bad as ever. Probably won't be down there again until just after Easter next year, so they've got plenty of time to fix it!
    Cheers Freeeedom

Are you thinking of putting a report up Freeeedom? Interested to see how you went, that's all.

I think I'll be down there some time in November.

TOL

Yes TOL. I'm just waiting for my daughter, who joined me for a couple of days, to email me a couple of photos she took and then I'll post a report. It was fairly windy for much of the time and the fishing was pretty hard work but I still had a good time
    Cheers Freeeedom